U-Haul Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.9

Sort:

Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at U-Haul (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2012.

Interview

straight forward interview with basic questions. Very easy, take it or leave it type of deal. Very relaxed and either it works out or not.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was difficult. Perhaps my interview was unique, but very calm and easy questioning that you would expect. Interviewer helps move the process along.   1 Answer

Corporate Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at U-Haul (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2014.

Interview

2 hour interview with Senior Recruiter, Manager and another team member. It was done in a conference room and was a bit intimidating. They asked A LOT of questions about negativity, drama, to make sure that you fit in the company.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths? Weaknesses?
      Do you get involved with drama?
      Tell me about a goal you did not meet.
      How do you find leads if you don't have any int he system.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate.

Corporate Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at U-Haul (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

It was quick and easy! We spoke in person as well as over the phone and I only had to wait a few days while they completed their interview process before I was given an answer.

Interview Questions

• What about this position caught your interest and why you're looking to leave your current employer?   1 Answer

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at U-Haul (Phoenix, AZ) in July 2015.

Interview

Interview was a piece of cake. If you demonstrate even a slight amount of knowledge in programming, you are probably hired. This low barrier of entry seems to let in people who are way too under-qualified.

Interview Questions

• How do you read/write from files in java?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at U-Haul (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2011.

Interview

First interview, I did a computer test to check my IQ and another computer personality test. It lasted like 30 minutes. Then I talked to the recruiter about personality/behavioral questions. There were a bunch of them. After a couple of days, I receive an email to take my second interview. I talk to the person who works in the Software Engineering department and he talks to me about U-Haul and what his department does. He asks a few stuff off my resume skills and then asks me what do I plan to get from this internship and what are your future goals?

Web Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at U-Haul (Phoenix, AZ) in December 2013.

Interview

U-Haul has prospective employees take a Wonderlick Test and an online Personality Profile test. I'm pretty sure I got about a 95% on the Wonderlick. The Personality Profile Score was never told to me.

My first interview was a face-to-face with the Lead Designer. I thought that went well and the HR representative told me as much since I was soon scheduled for a phone interview with the department manager. That, too, went well (I thought). However, the morning after that 2nd interview I was told that I had to retake their computerized personality profile (they said there was a glitch of some sort the first time I took it).

Later that afternoon I received a message stating that they were not going to tender me an offer of employment.

Did I somehow screw up the phone interview with the manager? Did something pop up on the personality profile? There was certainly the possibility that I was, and I hate this term, over-qualified. Still - everything to that point indicated that they liked me and my skill-set.

I both called and sent an email to the HR representative I had been dealing with asking what happened - or better yet, what I might do differently in the future as I continue to interview elsewhere - and never received a response.

It was certainly an odd experience that I thought ended abruptly. What bothers me most was HRs refusal to return my call or follow-up email.

Interview Questions

• I think the most difficult question was when I was asked about SaaS. At best I could say "I've heard of it" but had no experience.   Answer Question

Web Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at U-Haul.

Interview

Interview was conducted over Skype after taking a personality test. Interview covered some basic technical knowledge and a lot about the company. After that there was a short phone interview with the manager.

Interview Questions

• How you would handle a bug in production while also having a deliverable due same day.   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at U-Haul (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Found position online. Had to apply through company website. Recruiter called and went over position. Went to corporate office and met with recruiter. Interviewed with department manager and then the a VP.

Interview Questions

• Went over specific skills required for job.   1 Answer

Analytics Interview

Interview

Straightforward interview that consisted of two Skype interviews that lasted for about thirty minutes each; containing various questions and situational explorings. Examined by two hiring managers on two separate occasions, allowing opportunity to probe job responsibilities upon hire.

Interview Questions

• Experience in group project you struggled with the most.   1 Answer

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at U-Haul (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2018.

Interview

Very easy, over the phone interview. Position was for remote location, and I never had to go into the phx HQ. I believe it was only two different people I spoke two over my time during the interview process.