UCLA Health Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 18, 2018

2.8

Nursing Volunteer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UCLA Health (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Brief and to the point. The interviewer was very serious that her face got me anxious. She asked personality questions along with senario questions. Then she explained the details about parking and fees

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose nursing?   1 Answer

UCLA Health Response

Jan 17, 2018 – Content Strategist

Thank you for your review and welcome aboard! We are thrilled to hear that you have joined the UCLA Health team. Thank you for being part of the team!

Staff Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at UCLA Health (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2017.

Interview

I’m a Nevada resident, so I received many emails. First was the phone interview, which was rescheduled because of a clerical error on their behalf, then an in-person interview that lasted a mere 15 mins. I was asked the exact same questions that I was asked over the phone, so nothing too great. Overall mediocre and unorganized.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience with managing health educational programs?   1 Answer
    • List your desire to fulfill each of (3 given) positions by percentage.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at UCLA Health (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

The initial interview was held in their HR building on Wilshire. I was given a paper form to fill out with silly questions like what is your favorite place in the world and why and what is your favorite meal and why. I interviewed with the unit heads for roughly 20-30 minutes. After that they sent me up to Ronald Regan to get a tour of the unit and sit down for a peer panel interview with 4 RNs who worked on the unit.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in UCLA, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at UCLA Health (UCLA, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Went to HR first for an overview of UCLA health benefits, salary and job description. Then took a bus to the hospital for interview with Unit manager and charge nurse. The staff wanted detailed information about policies regarding CCRT, ARDS and mass transfusion protocol.

Interview Questions

• What was your hospitals policy on CCRT? When is CCRT indicated for a patient? How do you know when a patient is in ARDS and how do you manage a patient with this diagnosis relative to any other patient needing ventilator support? What is your hospital's policy for mass transfusion? What ratio of blood products did you give?   Answer Question

Research Associate II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westwood, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at UCLA Health (Westwood, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

a 1.5 hour interview -- 45 min with a group of three, and 45min with the PI I would work with. Overall a positive experience (Everyone was SO nice!!). Questions were easy, nothing challenging. They just wanted to genuinely know more about you and see if you would fit the position.

Interview Questions

• Did you face any challenges in your last position? If so, how did you handle it?   1 Answer

RN Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UCLA Health in August 2017.

Interview

Application online with personality quiz (100 Qs), & received call/email from recruiter 2 month after application submitted to schedule panel phone interview with unit applied for. Interviewed with a couple people over the phone (manager, director, staff nurses) for ~30 minutes; interview was pretty standard & formatted well with enough time at end to ask your own questions. Received an email to fill out references after a couple days, but never heard back (no call, no email) with just a status change on online application.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions like tell me about yourself, what is your experience, & where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Administrative Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at UCLA Health (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Hiring and interview process is very slow. It took almost two months to get a notification for an interview, and another two months to be notified about the status of my application after the interview. There was poor communication overall as well.

Interview Questions

• Asked if I was experienced in database management   1 Answer

Staff RN Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UCLA Health.

Interview

I got to meet with HR to get fingerprinted, then got interviewed by the HR recruiter. Afterwards, I went to meet with the hiring manager and took a brief tour of the unit and overflow area. Hiring managers were easy to talk to, HR was efficient.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UCLA Health (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

It was pretty easy, but the woman who interviewed me turned it into a political interview. Which I found unprofessional and very uncomfortable. She kept bringing me for in-person interviews many many times. And then she didn't respond to me for 4 weeks, after saying how I am the best candidate. After those four weeks, I ended up getting a very unprofessional email, saying I did not get the job. So it was very unfortunate because I really wanted the job.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at UCLA Health (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

standard behavioral questions, research experience, classes taken that are relevant, passion and interests, what do you want to get from the internship. Interview was overall easy and people were very friendly and explained the position clearly. Case interviews of how to interact with patients and clients.

Interview Questions

• What is your dream career path in health care?   1 Answer