UCLA Health Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at UCLA Health

2.8

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UCLA Health (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2020.

Interview

One single interview. 24 hours later was offered the position. Interview was scheduled to be about 30 minutes but only took about 20. Questions were brief. Interview was panel style and included 5 people other than myself.

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at UCLA Health.

Interview

After applying for the role, I was emailed less than 24 hours later saying that my application will be moving forward and that they would like to set up an interview with me. Once I passed the employment assessment, I had a video interview with a 2-person panel a week after the initial email. I came in for a 3-hour technical interview about a month after the first interview where I had to answer a few experience/behavioral questions to a 4-person panel before doing a 2-hour long technical assessment.

Interview Questions

• Would you describe yourself as an independent worker or a collaborative one?   1 Answer

Clinical Social Worker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at UCLA Health in January 2020.

Interview

Applied online on the same day the job was posted. I received a call within about a week. We scheduled an interview for the following week.

Interview: It's nice that they have a parking garage and validated. I arrived about 10 minutes early which was good as it was a bit confusing to find the clinic. The front desk staff were very nice. I was asked to wait in the lobby as they were currently with another candidate. After a few minutes, the previous candidate walked out alone. She had a very serious face and it sort of made me feel like it didn't go well? I tried to brush it off so that it wouldn't affect my interview. I was finally escorted inside. To my surprise, there were 2 interviewers in a therapeutic exam room. There was no table to create a barrier. I sat on the large couch in the room. I felt completely exposed which would have been fine, but it was awkward as I often caught the interviewers looking me up and down instead of making general eye contact as I spoke. Additionally, the manager seemed tired and not very interested. She only perked up when she asked her set of questions. I tried my best to show personality and smile, but these interviewers had a poker face and mainly nodded. It was also clear that this was the first time my resume was being reviewed by the other interviewer who was a more senior therapist. She asked the most questions. A strange vibe came when we discussed my work background with low socio economic patients. It almost felt like it was an issue?! since most of the patients they see are private pay. Anyways, I also got the vibe that the staff was much older and much more experienced in the field. Which is a pro and con for me as I am newer to the field, but eager to learn and continue my growth. They also shared that the position did not have a set office. So it's expected to commute between two clinics, which is fine, but should be clear in the job description. I felt that the interview went overall okay - minus what I mentioned above; I answered their questions, and they answered mine. Was informed that they were still interviewing and the next step would be an interview with the medical director and someone else. I did not leave the interview with those "happy feelings" like I have in previous interviews where I got the job. I felt a bit disappointed by the interviewers.

Fast fwd to a week later, I was surprised to receive an email with a request to fill out my 5 references. However, it has been more than a month and have not heard any follow up from HR or the hiring manager for next steps. I saw on linkedin and other job sites that they reposted the position so I assume they are still interviewing.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell us of a time there was a conflict/issue with a patient or co worker?   Answer Question

RN New Grad Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at UCLA Health (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2019.

Interview

20 minute interview with single interviewer , application online and got an interview a month later. Personality type questions were asked and it was a pleasant experience. Everyone at the office was very nice and welcoming to the interview candidates.

Staff Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UCLA Health.

Interview

Applied online and was emailed to interview in person two weeks later. Went in to interview and the interviewer was 30 minutes late. During interview, normal questions about the program and experience.

International Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UCLA Health (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2019.

Interview

I was interviewed for 90-minutes by two team members. Basically I was required to repeat what I have gone through in the past 45 minutes all over again. It can be hard as although I've prepared for the two interviews since the total interview time gone too long I sort of tune out towards the last few minutes. I was accepted.

Interview Questions

• Why do we want to hire you?   Answer Question
    • How are you joggling between being emphatic towards the patient and professional at keeping operations smooth?   Answer Question

Staff Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UCLA Health (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2019.

Interview

I was contacted 1 month after applying. I was offered an interview a couple of weeks after because I am from a different state. I traveled for my interview. It was a bit informal as I just got talk to post-docs and their current SRAs. I asked about the work hours and they said they worked a lot of overtime, but I should expect to only be paid for a 40 hour period. Traveling out of state would also be a part of the position.

I asked how long before I heard about their decision and they told me a couple of weeks because they were in the process of interviewing others. I was encouraged to send them questions if necessary in the meantime. I didn't hear from them until about 27 days after my interview with an automated message from UCLA stating that they position was either filled or no longer available.

It was a very different experience and vibe compared to the clinical research center I work at . I believe experimental skills were more of a quality they were interested in.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to multi-task under pressure to complete several projects at once?   Answer Question

New Grad RN Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UCLA Health.

Interview

I applied online which also included an online survey emailed to you. I was contacted by email for an in person panel interview with the managers of the unit. It was only 25 minutes long.

Regulatory Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UCLA Health (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2019.

Interview

Interviewed with the director, manager, and HR manager. Most were standard interview questions, personal experiences sharing. The interaction was good and the communication during the hiring process was great. Good experience

Interview Questions

• What kind of institution you would like to work for? Small or big?   Answer Question

ACCN Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at UCLA Health (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2019.

Interview

Basic questions, it went well. Know about UCLA and their mission/vision. Super quick, less than five minutes. If you are a nursing student, make sure you have at least a year left of school before graduating. My interview went great and then they told me that I needed to have a year left, after the fact.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at UCLA?   1 Answer