UCLA Health Interview Questions | Glassdoor

UCLA Health Interview Questions

Updated Apr 16, 2018

2.8

Management Interview

Interview

I have applied for several positions with UCLA as I was referred by two acquaintances of mine that work for UCLA.

If you know someone that works at UCLA, you'll definitely get in. It seems to me that a lot of unqualified candidates get into UCLA. Both my acquaintances were not qualified nor had the necessary experience to be considered for their jobs but because friends of theirs work at UCLA, they talked to the hiring managers.

A very faulty system.

Staff Research Associate I Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UCLA Health in March 2018.

Interview

Met with 2 potential supervisors. Informed me about what I would be doing and gave me a quick tour of the lab. Only questions that were asked were about my educational background. Overall, ok experience but somewhat informal.

Administrative Assistant II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UCLA Health (Long Beach, CA).

Interview

I applied online, about two weeks later I received a phone call for an interview. I did a quick survey, interviewed it was pretty casual. I received another call about 3 weeks later offering me the job. They let me know my start date, and said I would have to pass a drug screen and physical! Overall great experience.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at UCLA Health (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

Called to come in on two separate occasions. Spoke with the head of the front desk the first time and then the hiring manager the second time. Standard interview process describing previous work experience, going over resume, etc. Described what type of health office it was and whether I was comfortable in that environment.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at UCLA Health (South San Francisco, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

Applied through staffing agency. Process took one week. They didn't go through phone interview. I was invited to on-site interview. It was panel type. They asked general questions and technical questions. Interview took 30 min. Everyone seemed friendly

Interview Questions

• Technical questions and general questions   1 Answer

Nursing Volunteer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UCLA Health (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Brief and to the point. The interviewer was very serious that her face got me anxious. She asked personality questions along with senario questions. Then she explained the details about parking and fees

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose nursing?   1 Answer

UCLA Health Response

Jan 17, 2018 – Content Strategist

Thank you for your review and welcome aboard! We are thrilled to hear that you have joined the UCLA Health team. Thank you for being part of the team!

Staff Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at UCLA Health (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2017.

Interview

I’m a Nevada resident, so I received many emails. First was the phone interview, which was rescheduled because of a clerical error on their behalf, then an in-person interview that lasted a mere 15 mins. I was asked the exact same questions that I was asked over the phone, so nothing too great. Overall mediocre and unorganized.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience with managing health educational programs?   1 Answer
    • List your desire to fulfill each of (3 given) positions by percentage.   1 Answer

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UCLA Health (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2017.

Interview

Position wasn't as described in phone screening. Interview process was very combative with one of the interviewers. Most of the questions he asked, had nothing to do with the position.

Staff RN Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at UCLA Health (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

The initial interview was held in their HR building on Wilshire. I was given a paper form to fill out with silly questions like what is your favorite place in the world and why and what is your favorite meal and why. I interviewed with the unit heads for roughly 20-30 minutes. After that they sent me up to Ronald Regan to get a tour of the unit and sit down for a peer panel interview with 4 RNs who worked on the unit.

Staff RN Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in UCLA, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at UCLA Health (UCLA, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Went to HR first for an overview of UCLA health benefits, salary and job description. Then took a bus to the hospital for interview with Unit manager and charge nurse. The staff wanted detailed information about policies regarding CCRT, ARDS and mass transfusion protocol.

Interview Questions

• What was your hospitals policy on CCRT? When is CCRT indicated for a patient? How do you know when a patient is in ARDS and how do you manage a patient with this diagnosis relative to any other patient needing ventilator support? What is your hospital's policy for mass transfusion? What ratio of blood products did you give?   Answer Question