UNM Health Sciences Center Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 6, 2017

2.6

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UNM Health Sciences Center (Albuquerque, NM) in August 2015.

Interview

Panel interview with at least three people. You may be called for a follow up interview(s). You will be asked approximately 10 questions. Most are fairly standard job interview questions and sometimes they are phrased badly (not on purpose, just because the hiring manager writes them and no one in HR checks them)

Interview Questions

• What was a mistake you made in a past job and how did you fix it?   Answer Question

Interview

Detailed and opportunity to meet with other faculty. Group interviews, campus tours, questions were as expected. No real challenges to the interview. Hiring process takes a while as UNM Human resources are slow to move on items..

Physician Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at UNM Health Sciences Center (Albuquerque, NM) in May 2014.

Interview

Interview by phone initially. Then in person with several people and was able to tour the department. Very low stress interview overall. The entire interview lasted about 3 hours. Seems that as long as you are enthusiastic about the process, and have the credentials, everyone is willing to give you a chance. There are always lots of opportunities posted to the website. Everyone was very friendly. Had to pay my way there though.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at UNM Health Sciences Center.

Interview

Applied on website. Interview process was 2 fold: first interview was with staff, second interview was with faculty with whom I would be working.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary. All the questions are fairly standard and relate directly to the job posting or your qualifications.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. It was a staff position so there was no real room to negotiate.

RN Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at UNM Health Sciences Center (Albuquerque, NM) in May 2011.

Interview

It was an application through the online submission. I was contacted for an interview and had two. One of my interviews was with the supervisor staff and the other was with the floor staff. The first was somewhat intimidating but still they made me to feel as comfortable as possible.

Interview Questions

• Tell us what you know about our Magnet journey and what you will do to help.   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at UNM Health Sciences Center in February 2011.

Interview

Detailed and opportunity to meet with team. Group interviews, campus tours, questions were as expected. No real challenges to the interview. Hiring process takes a while as UNM Human resources are slow

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate salary based on my unique qualifications and certifications.