UNM Health Sciences Center Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at UNM Health Sciences Center

2.9

RN Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at UNM Health Sciences Center (Albuquerque, NM) in May 2011.

Interview

It was an application through the online submission. I was contacted for an interview and had two. One of my interviews was with the supervisor staff and the other was with the floor staff. The first was somewhat intimidating but still they made me to feel as comfortable as possible.

Interview Questions

• Tell us what you know about our Magnet journey and what you will do to help.   Answer Question

Research Scientist III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UNM Health Sciences Center (Albuquerque, NM) in December 2018.

Interview

Applied shortly before closing date, interviewed two weeks later, interview was overall casual and without situational questions ("tell me about a time..."). Application required I submit a sample of computer/statistical coding.

Interview Questions

• Data management skills, statistical experience, long-term plans   Answer Question

Negotiation

The negotiation phase lacked professionalism.

I was given a verbal salary offer which I accepted. I was then asked to consider a start date (none was suggested at time of offer or interview) and to get back to the hiring manager. I attempted to negotiate a start date to accommodate child care needs by offering a full-time start date 2-3 months later. I also offered to start at less than 1 FTE if an earlier start date was needed (I later learned that the FTE of the position must start at that advertised). Without discussion, the offer was rescinded the next day based not on the 1 FTE start date but on the premise that I sought to change the job description.

A subsequent discussion with an HR representative offered some encouragement that the UNMHSC administration would learn from my input.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UNM Health Sciences Center (Albuquerque, NM) in August 2015.

Interview

Panel interview with at least three people. You may be called for a follow up interview(s). You will be asked approximately 10 questions. Most are fairly standard job interview questions and sometimes they are phrased badly (not on purpose, just because the hiring manager writes them and no one in HR checks them)

Interview Questions

• What was a mistake you made in a past job and how did you fix it?   Answer Question

Physician Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at UNM Health Sciences Center (Albuquerque, NM) in May 2014.

Interview

Interview by phone initially. Then in person with several people and was able to tour the department. Very low stress interview overall. The entire interview lasted about 3 hours. Seems that as long as you are enthusiastic about the process, and have the credentials, everyone is willing to give you a chance. There are always lots of opportunities posted to the website. Everyone was very friendly. Had to pay my way there though.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at UNM Health Sciences Center.

Interview

Applied on website. Interview process was 2 fold: first interview was with staff, second interview was with faculty with whom I would be working.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary. All the questions are fairly standard and relate directly to the job posting or your qualifications.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. It was a staff position so there was no real room to negotiate.

Interview

Detailed and opportunity to meet with other faculty. Group interviews, campus tours, questions were as expected. No real challenges to the interview. Hiring process takes a while as UNM Human resources are slow to move on items..

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at UNM Health Sciences Center in February 2011.

Interview

Detailed and opportunity to meet with team. Group interviews, campus tours, questions were as expected. No real challenges to the interview. Hiring process takes a while as UNM Human resources are slow

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate salary based on my unique qualifications and certifications.

NP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at UNM Health Sciences Center (Albuquerque, NM) in May 2019.

Interview

Several interviews over the course of several weeks. Progressive interview process with repeated behavioral interviewing questions. Met with manager first then staff then panel of providers over the course of several weeks.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral interviewing and general knowledge. Many situational scenarios   Answer Question