KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

UPC Insurance Interview Questions

Updated Aug 8, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 16 of over 16 interviews

2.7
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at UPC Insurance

UPC Insurance

Application

I interviewed at UPC Insurance

Interview

Interview process was a lot for the amount of pay offered. Video interview followed by phone call followed by an hour video interview followed by a test and essay. It was insane

Interview Questions
  • A lot of questions were asked
    Answer Question

UPC Insurance

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UPC Insurance in Nov 2021

Interview

I applied online after getting a notification from linked in. Immediately the next day I received an email to take a behavioral assessment. I completed the assessment and received an email a couple hours later to complete a video interview. The video interview was less intense than I thought it would be, you’re given a week to complete but the questions are very general and more geared towards understanding your thought process (not your traditional interview questions) ex. Describe a time where you wanted to get frustrated and how did you deal with it. Once I submitted the video interview, I received an email the next morning to schedule a virtual interview with hiring managers. All communication is handled with a contact in HR. The virtual interview was less intense than I anticipated, I met with two of the managers and they were very welcoming and engaging. Lasted about 30 minutes and it was very to the point, which I loved. I had interviewed on Friday afternoon and the manager advised that I would hear back by Tuesday the following week so when I received an email Saturday morning from HR to schedule another virtual interview I was kind of surprised. I also received a call Monday morning to come in for an in person assessment. The assessment was a timed test and essay prompt. I completed both in person assessment and additional virtual interview by that following Wednesday. I received a call on the following Monday afternoon with a verbal job offer. The whole process took about 3 weeks and was very time consuming and involved a lot of going out of your way for things but very worth it!

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time you were in a frustrating situation and how did you deal with it?

Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UPC Insurance (Saint Petersburg, FL)

Interview

Applied online, called to follow-up after a week of hearing nothing. Completed online assessments, completed phone interview, complete video interview, completed in person assessments, and in person interviews with hiring manager and leadership team. Entire process took 4-6 weeks

Interview Questions
  • What makes you effective in sales?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at UPC Insurance (Saint Petersburg, FL) in Nov 2020

Interview

Was approached by a 3rd party recruiter via LinkedIn about the role, very pleasant gal. Completed an in-depth Q& A (5 pgs of my explaining processes and past experience), 2 behavioral assessments, and a SparkHire one-way video interview. About 15 hours of my time for the week taken up and I hadn't even gotten to a phone or zoom call. Found out over a week later they had filled the position. Apparently ghosting the candidate and their vendor is common and says everything I need to know about the company product and customer service.

Interview Questions
  • What are the steps in instructing an employee about signing up for FMLA, what are the requirements to be covered under FMLA?
  • Explain how you’ve managed and written policies

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UPC Insurance (Saint Petersburg, FL)

Interview

The first interview is for you to record responses to pre-recorded questions. You can re-do your recording as many times as you'd like. UPC cannot see any draft recordings, only the recordings you post.

Interview Questions
  • Q: Why do you believe you are a good candidate for the position

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at UPC Insurance (Saint Petersburg, FL) in Jan 2020

Interview

Applied online and was asked to complete a personality test and 30 question Wonderlic assessment. About 3 days later, I was asked to complete a spark hire interview - a really interesting way to remote interview! The questions asked were thought provoking and I was glad to have the opportunity to record them multiple times. I was then asked to attend for an interview. Another wonderlic assessment (50 question) was given and I had to write a statement about why I thought I was a fit for the company and role. After these were both completed, I was interviewed by three people. To give yourself the best possible chance at success, I would suggest two things. Practice the Wonderlic online (there are many websites that offer free practice tests) because if you haven't taken the test in a while, you may be a little rusty! I would also suggest having a few real life experiences picked out in your mind that cover a range of customer service / adverse work situations. The questions asked are a variety of open end questions and STAR questions. Be ready to provide details of the Situation, Task, Actions and Results. At this time, the outcome of my interview is pending, but should I be made an offer I would definitely take it. I really liked the feel of the organization and the people I encountered during the interview.

Interview Questions
  • What is the difference between customer service and customer experience
  • Tell me about a time you made a mistake. What happened? How did you learn from it?
3 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at UPC Insurance (Saint Petersburg, FL)

Interview

Applied online. Sometime after applying I got an email asking for a phone interview, which we scheduled for a week later. After the phone interview we scheduled in person interviews for a week later. There were several interviews that day about 30 minutes each. They all asked about the same questions. I received an email three days later saying I'd hear back "next week" and I never heard back even after trying to reach out to the people who interviewed and scheduled me. It's been almost four months so I didn't get the job, I just think it's rude that they couldn't even send me an email to say so any time before.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at UPC Insurance (Saint Petersburg, FL) in Feb 2019

Interview

Initially there were brief online tests of behavioral and Analytical assessment, followed by conversation and review with HR. second phone interview with Hiring Manager. 2.5 hour Skype interview with 3 m3mbers of the team, the hiring manager and the CIO. Spent a total of 6 hours of my work-week interviewing. Although I am more than qualified, I am outside of Florida which may be undesirable. UPC NEVER RESPONDED! VERY UNPROFESSIONAL! I spent hours of my very busy workday arranging and completing the interview process, and they cannot even email a "thanks, but no-thanks" ? Coincidentally, I figured they passed on my candidacy when I found the IDENTICAL job description posted at a more senior (Director)level at $30k more max compensation. Ironically, they will not find a better candidate even at that rate and title. Terribly unprofessional. I no longer have sympathy for companies claiming to have trouble finding qualified employees.

Interview Questions
  • General questions regarding experience relating to the role they are looking to fill
4 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at UPC Insurance (Saint Petersburg, FL) in Feb 2019

Interview

The interview process was very casual and personal. I instantly felt at ease by the warm friendly greetings everyone gave me. The assessments were easy. I interviewed with Margaret first and she was very friendly and easy to talk to but also straightforward and easy to understand. I enjoyed the interview process and I’m really hoping to hear back from them soon!

Interview Questions
  • A balanced combination about my personal life, previous experiences and my skills.
3 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UPC Insurance (Saint Petersburg, FL) in Jan 2019

Interview

Quite interesting approach. This review is based upon a telephone interview. 2 managers were on the line. After the initial hello, the very next question was tell me about you and why I should hire you. I wasn't even sure what position they were calling about nor did they announce it. No overview of the position or company. Very direct. Why you? Why are you perfect for this position? 1 life example. Overall, quick, professional, unique approach, it did catch me off guard.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about yourself
  • Why should we choose you for this position?
  • Give me an example of when you went against the grain and had a unique idea amongst your peers and what was the outcome?
1 person found this interview helpful