Uberflip Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Uberflip

Sort:

Social Media Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Uberflip (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

Interviewer was late to call so proceeded to rush through the interview. Asked questions about me but then interrupted and asked 4 questions and immediately said I wasn't what they were looking for and asked if I wanted to donate money to their charity. I wasn't bothered by not being a right fit, I was bothered about how incredibly rude the interviewer was. I would never recommend applying here to anyone.

Interview Questions

• Did I have experience with a particular email automation system   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Uberflip (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in December 2016.

Interview

I was referred through an industry contact. I met with the person hiring for the role at the Uberflip office and had an hour long conversation about the role. I felt positive about the interview - I left thinking it had gone really well, but now it seems as though it didn't. I emailed a couple weeks later to follow-up and was told they were still in the hiring process. When I didn't hear back for another month, I followed up again via email (even though I knew I probably wasn't getting an invitation for subsequent interviews) and never heard back. In my opinion, it's really poor practice to ignore candidates after you've interviewed them. No one likes giving people bad news, but it's disrespectful to not reply. If a candidate has taken time and energy to prepare and interview at your organization, please take thirty seconds to reply back to let them know they weren't successful. More tangible feedback is ideal, but actually replying should be the bare minimum and I don't think it's unreasonable to expect this. Unfortunately, this hasn't left me with a great impression of Uberflip as an organization, despite starting off with a very positive view of the company.

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Uberflip (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Smooth, extremely friendly vibes. Phone screening, followed by a 1:1, followed by a group interview. Questions around past experience, familiarity with the tech stack and demonstrated ability to scale. It took 2 weeks from start to finish, over all had a wonderful opportunity to experience the work environment first hand before stepping into the role.

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Uberflip (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process was quick and not extensively hard. I met with the Marketing team and executive team during a span of 3 days and they made an offer that I accepted after some negotiation. The questions spanned around Marketing tech, content marketing, ABM & Marketing Automation/CRM type things. Uberflip is big in the content marketing, CMS and Automation space so its very helpful to look up things around what companies like Hubspot, Salesforce,Marketo and other big B2B brands do. Read their blogs, read up on B2B marketing trends, look up new marketing technologies and have a good foundation in the basics of Marketing like the 4P's, analytics (look a some Google Analytics things), look up the Uberflip stack via Datanyze.

Interview Questions

• Do you have an prior experience in ABM?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Uberflip (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2017.

Interview

It was super straight forward and took just over 2 weeks to complete. The recruiting team were very friendly, responsive and helpful enough to provide a realistic time frame for the decision-making process. Overall a great experience!

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Uberflip.

Interview

Relatively quick, process took roughly two weeks. Office is in a pretty terrible spot and they require you to be in office every day. This shows a lack of trust in their employees. At the end of the day I was offered a job which I ended up declining. Base pay was low, manager could not tell me definitively who was hitting their targets and when I looked for reviews online nearly everything was negative. This leads me to believe that all the positive reviews are completed by Uberflip themselves. I find the company also lacks vision as they have recently re-branded and changed their name. Viewed the opportunity as a liability on my end. Also the staffing agency that I was working with told me that they stopped recruiting for Uberflip as the burn rate (turnover) was so high.

Interview Questions

• Very basic, tell me about background, how you heard about job, why a start up etc...   Answer Question

Uberflip Response

Aug 22, 2016 – COO

Thanks for the feedback. Seems like we did a bad job giving you all the details. Sorry to hear the experience was not better for you. I'll try and provide some clarity here but feel free to reach out... More

Front End Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Uberflip (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

I had an initial phone call interview with human resources, which was short and included basic questions of my experience, salary expectations, etc.

They then had me come in for an in-person tech challenge, which was 2 and a half hours long, followed by a half hour discussion of the tech challenge/further interview questions.

The interviewers were mostly nice but asked questions that I felt were strange. For example, when discussing opportunities for growth, the interviewer asked me how could I expect growth to happen for me given that I had the same amount of experience as her (the team lead). I found this a bit off-putting as it's generally the company that tries to sell to the interviewers how they help with employee growth, and not the other way around.

I left with the interviewers telling me I should have an answer by the end of the week. I didn't get the job (a friend who works there told me), but I've yet to hear back from HR about it, even after sending multiple follow up e-mails. Given that I took a day off my current job to participate in the interview, the least I expected was a response. The whole experience really left a bad impression with me.

Sales Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Uberflip (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2015.

Interview

Very friendly and casual, nothing too challenging question wise, however I did find a lot of the questions to be very ambiguous and a bit difficult to interpret. Before the in person interview was a web interview done over video with prerecorded questions that you had a short time to respond in which was also different.

Interview Questions

• Walk us through your resume and explain it as it pertains to this position.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Uberflip (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in July 2018.

Interview

An Uberflip recruiter reached-out to me, so I took a look at the company and felt impressed by the positive vibes and accolades. Decided to move forward with an introductory phone call. My first impression was positive, the call was natural and I enjoyed the good feels -- I could really feel a difference in the experience from other companies. I wanted to see where this could go, so we followed-up with an in-person interview.

I was sent some instructions to perform a small task -- setting up a testing environment using a git project which would be used during the interview to test my skills. The project had some bugs scattered throughout, which I would be tasked to solve during the interview. Took me about an hour to setup the environment.

I met with with several members of the engineering team for a 2-hour session. The first 60-75 minutes was discussing my history and experience, followed by each member taking turns to ask some simple technical questions to test my abilities. The final 30-45 minutes was using the development environment I setup on my laptop, fixing bugs that were purposefully scattered throughout the application, show how I reason through finding the bugs and fixing them. The interviewer had a list of questions related to this exercise which was used as a standard for all interviews.

It was a positive experience. I wasn't asked to solve riddles or program on a whiteboard. It wasn't too demanding on my time, or aimed at making me feel insignificant, like interviews at some other companies.

Finally I met with the lead engineer where we had a technical discussions about systems, and I asked about areas where the engineering department might need more attention and assistance. Followed by a 5 minute meeting with the chief marketing officer, where we talked brief to check my cultural fit.

(I don't remember if those second meetings where the same day, or on another day that week).

Later that week I received an offer from Uberflip.

Overall, the company moved very quickly from initial contact to interviews to offer. They didn't waste my time, were following up with me by phone call/email whenever there was a delay (very good at keeping me in the loop), and I think we got everything done within a week.

It was one of my most positive interview experiences ever.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember anymore... it's been a while since the interview. Standard behavioral/intention and technical questions.   Answer Question

Uberflip Response

Oct 22, 2018 – Culture Specialist

Thank you for your feedback on the interview process at Uberflip! We love hearing about peoples experiences with us and I am so glad to see we made a positive impact throughout the whole process... More

Customer Success Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Uberflip (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2014.

Interview

My first interview was a group interview with 4 other applicants. We took turn answering questions and engaged in discussion. I got a call back to explore another position also available at the company and then after a few weeks I had my final interview for the role I am in today.

Interview Questions

• 1. Why do you want to work in tech
      2. How do you stay up to date with tech news and trends
      3. What do you know about content marketing
      4. What do you know about the product?

We then went over some scenarios and discussion.   Answer Question