Uberflip Reviews

Updated Jul 3, 2020

3.9
Uberflip Co-founder and CEO Yoav Schwartz
Yoav Schwartz
Pros
  • "I don't play ping pong or drink beer or any of the other things that people in startups do(in 14 reviews)

• "We also know how to have fun with our ping pong tables, foosball and hanging out in the club district in our office on Fridays(in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • "A work from home policy (1 day a week) but it doesn't seem like its encouraged(in 8 reviews)

• "The obvious growing pains--the operations need to catch up with the growth--but that's where our recent funding comes in(in 5 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great people, open culture, good communication, beautiful office"

Former Employee - Marketing in Toronto, ON

I worked at Uberflip full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Lots of fun, hard-working, and motivated people - Open & inclusive culture - Company was continuously expanding, which provided a great learning experience, career growth, and opportunities to try new things - Generally strong leadership & good communication - Stunning office space with lots of natural lighting - Innovative environment, open to new ideas

Cons

- Expansion lead to some growing pains - Too many priorities could lead to employees being overworked

2. "Janitor"

I worked at Uberflip full-time

Pros

good work life balance good food

Cons

There is no down side

3. "Facing in the right direction and making progress"

Current Employee - Senior Technical Director in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Uberflip full-time

Pros

Focused on delivering solutions that make a difference to marketing. We aren't trying to be everything for everybody.

Cons

Standard challenges of a brilliant startup that faces the challenges of scaling.

4. "Great place to work!"

Former Employee - Business Development Representative in Toronto, ON

I worked at Uberflip full-time

Pros

Excellent culture, along with a product that is interesting and currently in a growth stage. Very helpful co-workers and managers that help aid with personal growth and strong leadership

Cons

Nothing that I can think of!

"Avoid at all costs"

1.0
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Toronto, ON

I worked at Uberflip full-time for more than a year

Pros

Dedicated and friendly colleagues at junior levels

Cons

Incompetent management peddling worthless product

6. "Exciting environment to work and grow"

Current Employee - Full Stack Developer in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Uberflip full-time for more than a year

Pros

This is by far one of the best jobs I've ever had. As a software developer, one of the most important elements that contributes to my happiness is working on a valuable product. I really like our product, there's lots of work to keep me busy, and we're constantly adding new features and improvements. Working with the Product and Managers has been easy, I feel like they have good focus and direction, they're good at prioritizing what is important, and overall have done a good job setting realistic timelines and keeping a manageable workload for the engineering team. Our engineering team works well together, it's a positive & kind group of engineers and technical experts, and in my short time working here we've been able to deploy a lot of valuable features and improvements. We have daily deployments, learning workshops, team lunches, awesome events/parties, and overall it's been a welcoming environment for me to come everyday to solve, build, learn, grow and be challenged.

Cons

The location is slightly on the outskirts of downtown Toronto, not the most ideal for commuters coming from the suburbs. But it's a breathtaking 30,000 sqft facility with 16 foot ceilings that is unlike any other. Comfortable private washroom stalls, large kitchen with snacks and coffee/tea/carbonated water, fitness room, weekly yoga/meditation, and if you need a rush of addrenalin, game options include ping pong, foosball, billiards, bubble hockey, and darts.

Continue reading

"Best place to work ..!!"

Current Employee - Manager Business Applications in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Uberflip full-time for less than a year

Pros

Amazing people with full of energy. One of the best startup companies in Toronto.

Cons

I haven't found any cons so far!!

"RUNNN"

1.0
    Former Employee - Marketing Specialist in Toronto, ON

I worked at Uberflip full-time for less than a year

Pros

Some good people here and there

Cons

Long story short its possibly the worst enviroment you will ever work in. Do yourself a favour and meet up with someone who works there before accepting an offer. MGMT is trying to portray a positive image of how amazing it is to work there. Its LIE. Just meetup with someone and don't trust online reviews.

"Great team, great product, cautious when hiring"

Current Employee - Product Manager in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Uberflip full-time for less than a year

Pros

Everyone seems capable, customers love the core product, awesome growth, very open and communicative exec team.

Cons

Lot's of customer wants and needs leads to tough choices in terms of priorities. Might be slow to grow dev team due to focus on quality candidates.

"Amazing place to work"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Uberflip full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Amazing culture, work life balance, and meritocratic attitudes.

Cons

Low salary, some growing pains with new investors

Found 60 reviews