Udemy Interview Questions

Updated Jun 19, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 225 of over 225 interviews

Recruiter14%
2.9
HardAverageEasy

Udemy

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Udemy

Interview

Very unorganized interview process from the beginning. It was exceptionally long with so many unnecessary steps and people included. The whole process takes between 6 to 10 weeks which is absurd. You will get a lot of mixed messages on the way. You will receive a lot of “follow-up” or “clarification” questions through e-mail, after spending hours of your time and answering exact same questions. The hiring manager was not only indecisive but obsessed with small details which really don’t matter. But the worst part is - Recruiting team and hiring managers are unresponsive. After spending weeks, preparing, interviewing and presenting, you will not be communicated and if you are lucky you will get a “copy-pasted” generic message with different sized fonts and colors. Unless you are 100% sure that this is your dream job and the hiring manager is your dream mentor, which I highly doubt would be the case, I would recommend to look for another company. Because the time you will spend could be utilized more efficiently.

Interview Questions
  • Many behavioral questions in each round.
    Answer Question

Udemy

Application

I interviewed at Udemy

Interview

Interview process was very thorough and well-planned out over the course of about a week. Consisted of initial phone call, followed by a Zoom call with a hiring manager and a final interview lasting about 3 hours. Mixture of behavioral questions as well as case questions covering technical background.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Udemy (San Francisco, CA)

Interview

Three phone interviews, one with Recruiter, one with Hiring Manager, one with someone from the team. Then invited to come onsite for 4 more interviews (30 minutes each) with leadership, followed by an hour presentation, followed by another 1 hour interview with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions
  • Give a 30 minute training aimed at new managers to a panel comprised of 5 Sr. Managers, followed by your marketing strategy for the training, and how you would measure success. This needed to be original content and I was given 2 business days to prepare.

Udemy

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Udemy in Apr 2021

Interview

Data platform intern. Worst process ever. Recruiter didn’t call on the promised phone interview schedule, and ghosted for 1.5 week and reached out with exact wording - “sorry I swamped last week”. I rescheduled, and she got me a phone interview with a hiring manager. On the day of the interview, another guy (not hiring manager) came 17 minutes late to 45 minutes interview. He said sorry, but he didn’t look sorry. His posture, body signals and tone was arrogant. He asked me if I have extra 17 minutes, I said no, because I had other meetings. I expected that the right thing would be rescheduling, but he said let’s see what we can do. He asked me to introduce myself, and I did. Then in an obnoxious manner, he asked “What do you want to get out of this internship?”. I was again disgusted by the tone. Interview continued on with a leetcode question. Obviously, I didn’t do good. I was rejected, but I am very much glad that I am going to a different company with a more respectful attitudes towards their interns. If they think the students are just some kind of resources that they can just easily replace, I don’t think it’s a good place to work at. Please do not waste our time and if you do make mistakes, make amends accordingly.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Udemy

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Udemy in Apr 2021

Interview

The process would have been fine if Udemy: 1. Did not require multiple specific in-depth references early in the process before the candidate even makes it to the final round. It is unnecessary if the candidate does not make it to consideration for an offer. 2. Did not go radio-silent for weeks after having someone prepare a 30-minute strategy presentation for the position being hired (not a theoretical case study) that is presented to the entire hiring group. It feels like free consulting. 3. Did not make a candidate wait 2+ weeks for feedback that is simply "the presentation was good and people liked meeting you" and tell them you are going with "another candidate" only to hire an external recruiting firm that tries to source you literally later that same day.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Udemy (Dublin, Dublin) in Apr 2021

Interview

The recruiter phoned me almost 10min late. She spoke mindlessly fast and made no effort to pronounce well, even though she was talking to a non-native English speaker for a non-English speaking role. I could understand everything, but I was shocked by her rude manners and her lack of empathy. She was careless and clearly wanted to hang up the minute I picked up the phone. There was no introduction of herself nor the role. She just started shooting questions and asked me if I have any question after just 10min. She gave me the worst explanation of a role that I have ever listened to and promised to contact me the following week. That should have happened last week. I would not work for Udemy even if they pay me 10k more than another employer. If they treat referred candidates like this, I cannot imagine what happens when you apply on your own. I felt so insulted that I have even cancelled my account since then.

Interview Questions
  • - Why do you want to join Udemy? - Tell me about your previous experience

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Istanbul

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Udemy (Istanbul) in Apr 2021

Interview

HR contact me for istanbul office. 1) Hackerrank 2) HR interview 3) Manager interview design a machine learning problem 4) Product manager interview 5) Manger interview for soft skills 6) Take home assignment 7) Director interview design a machine learning problem

Interview Questions
  • Hackkerrank some test questions about ML, statistics and 1 Sql, 1 ML, 1 Programming question. Manger and director ask design a machine learning problem which features you use ...

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Udemy (Dublin, Dublin) in Apr 2021

Interview

To put this simply - this was an extremely poor experience. It took Udemy 10 weeks to reply to my application! 10 weeks!!! By that stage I had by that point already assumed that they would not be getting in touch with me at all. There was no mention of this either by the Udemy recruiter that got in touch with me initially or the recruiter that subsequently interviewed me. This was the first time I had ever considered declining an interview for a role that I had interviewed for given how poor a start this was already! Given how long it had been since my application it led me to assume that Udemy's search hadn't gone well & that they were scraping the bottom of the barrel with me. Mexperience during my interview did not change my opinion & ultimately felt like a waste of my time. The recruiter was late to our online meeting but did not offer so much as a courtesy apology - subsequently the end of our meeting was rushed as she seemingly had a more important meeting to get to!

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Udemy (San Jose, CA) in Apr 2021

Interview

got an online assessment with 2 coding questions and 1 sql query. had a call with HR after a week. get an automated reject email 2 days later. no reason for the rejection.

Interview Questions
  • get data from api and find the orders in the given range given orders in a csv file, find the sum of orders for each customer id

Udemy

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Udemy in Apr 2021

Interview

1. Hacker Rink with around 4-5 questions, average in difficulty 2. Phone call with recruiter, where they asked basic background questions and set up the next interview 3. Zoom coding challenge with easy to medium leetcode

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 225 Interviews