Ullico Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ullico Interview Questions

3.2

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Ullico (Silver Spring, MD) in July 2014.

Interview

Standard process, HR phone call at first, then schedule on site interview with both HR and Hiring Manager. After that waiting for the decision. The whole process took couple of weeks.Pretty efficient.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions, like work though your resume, etc and some behaviours questions.   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ullico.

Interview

2 round. first round is about 1-hour. typical HR question. "why you want this position", etc. 2nd round is easy, the department head talks a lot. did not ask many question. asked salary expectation. then hr followed up in a week with the offer. not great salary but benefit is good,

Senior Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ullico (Washington, DC).

Interview

At the time of the my hiring, the company was going through a managerial change. The company brought on board new staff and products to better place themselves in the market. I was interviewed by the Senior Underwriter at the time and the President of the company. They really wanted an experienced underwriter because they needed to hit the ground running.

Interview Questions

• The interview was pretty easy going. No surprises or unexpected questions were asked.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was communication going back and forth about salary and signing bonus. After the initial offer, the entire negotiation took about three days.

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Ullico in May 2011.

Interview

The interview process was very thorough. For a job requiring 7-10 years experience, it was the right amount of interviewing - hiring manager, his/her boss, 2 peers and 1 subordinate of a peer who would be a stakeholder of the role I interviewed for. The process involved a phone call with HR and the hiring manager, then one day of interviews in person with these 2 people in person, as well as all the others I listed. Questions asked were sound and fitting. Everyone was polite and acted professionally.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in insurance? I never had been in insurance before and was not in love with the industry I came from (medical reporting), so I answered as best I could about my interest in a technical type of industry that my skills could tranfer to.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The company will consider limited relocation assistance for mid level positions, and very good relo for senior positions. There is no negotiation on vacation and sick days, but overall their benefits offering is better than average.

Group Underwriter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ullico.

Interview

Very easy math test and easy interview once you pass the math tear

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not able to negoatiate salary or benefits