Ultimate Medical Academy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Career Services Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ultimate Medical Academy (Tampa, FL) in September 2016.

Interview

I was recruited by a staffing agency, so I first met with a representative from the agency for the first interview. Then, I was scheduled to meet with one of the directors at UMA for a one on one interview. The interview lasted probably about 15 minutes, and was pretty easy. They let you know within a couple of days.

Strategy Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ultimate Medical Academy in March 2018.

Interview

There were 5 phone screening/ interview in total. The first one is mainly like a casual chat to see if there's any fake experience on your resume. And the gist of all these interviews is to let the candidate talk with everyone in the group that you may work with during the internship. So I basically have talked with the associate, manager, director, VP and SVP of the department that I am getting in.

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ultimate Medical Academy (Tampa, FL) in October 2011.

Interview

I was informed by a friend about the opportunity at UMA. I was brought in for a group interview process with two interviewers that were upbeat, possitive and professional. I was asked questions in front of the other potential advisors pertaining to how I would deal with particular issues which may arise during a conversation with a potential student.

Interview Questions

• I was asked what I would say if a potential student told me no.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I called 2-3 times after the interview to see if they had decided to hire me yet and they finally said yes and gave me a start training date.

Admissions Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ultimate Medical Academy in March 2014.

Interview

Consisted of three interview phases, made it through all three. The first was a phone interview where a woman verified some of your information and told me about the hours and wages. The second was a group interview where everyone showed off. All of the potentials would try their best to impress the two men who were interviewing, it was laughable. The third was with one of the directors. Then my recruiter texted me and said I was hired.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiating wages. Everyone is now making 16/hour. Advisors who have been there for years and being in a fourth of the revenue will make $5-9 more an hour.

Nov 3, 2014 – Associate Director, Social Media & Engagement

We're sorry to hear that your interview at UMA did not live up to your expectations. We use this process to find the folks that will fit best with our work culture and expectations and sometimes that... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ultimate Medical Academy (Tampa, FL).

Interview

People were nice but that's the issue. You are literally TOLD being selected is based on a high energy, upbeat attitude......I mean basically be as phony and over dramatic as possible. Seems like your background doesn't really matter. Just as long as you're willing to participate in the childish games & play all day while hearing screaming.

Interview Questions

• Doesn't make a difference. Just as long as the answer is super duper cutesy wutesy & ends with the fact that you're willing to sell water to a whale.   4 Answers

Mar 16, 2015 – Vice President, Marketing

We are looking for staff that have high-energy and a positive attitude. But the difference is, those who are successful at the Academy, can exhibit these traits organically and authentically. That's... More

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ultimate Medical Academy (Tampa, FL) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied online, through a Craigslist ad posted by a recruiter. After she reviewed my resume and cover letter, she responded and scheduled a date and time for the group interview. They will ask you if you have a preference for East Coast (mainly 9am-6pm) or West Coast (11am-8pm), I told them that wherever they needed me was okay and they put me in East Coast.

I arrived for the group interview with about 35 people. Bring multiple copies of your resume!! They had us go in to a classroom with a member of HR (Dinesha) who explained the details of the job. They gave us the "good, bad, and ugly" of what to expect before they moved forward.

Then in walked a few members of management. They asked everyone a few questions for about 2-3 minutes per person, then deliberated while we waited. Out of the 35 people or so, only 5 of us were selected for a second interview.

THIS INTERVIEW IS MORE ABOUT YOUR PERSONALITY THAN EXPERIENCE!! They aren't REALLY interested in your experience at a call center as much as they are how well you're going to be able to really connect with someone on the phone. Smile! Stand out! be confident! Have a conversation with them, don't just answer their questions blankly. And for the love of GOD, don't answer your phone (like some tacky girl did in the middle of our interview - she did not go on to the next round).

The second interview was a little less intimidating - they walked us through the main floor to get a glimpse fo the environment, then we met directly with our DOAs. Two hours later, they offered me the position!

The interview process is VERY long, so make sure to clear your calendar. I would say I was there for about 4-5 hours.

Interview Questions

• How do you like to be managed?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Ultimate Medical Academy (Tampa, FL).

Interview

They hire about 30 people monthly. In that month they have 3 interviews each week, consisting of 30 people in each group. So, they interview about 360 people monthly, and hire 30 of those each month.

You will receive an email, most likely telling you to enter through the wrong door. Upon arriving, you will awkwardly wait in a cheap large hallway with very stained chairs. You and the 29 other people in the group will eventually be taken into a room where you are told about the company. They will say loud, energetic, lots of time on the phone, etc....

They want to see people who are very energetic, positive, and concise with their answers. They are looking for people who are able to draw people into them with their personality and words.

After the group interview, they speak out of hearing range for about 5 minutes. They then come back and call about 5 names. Those 5 people stay. They other 25 are taken outside and told "Sorry it didn't work out" and the door is closed on them. The 5 that stay are then taking to the other side of the building and are each put into a 1:1 interview with the person who will be their future boss. At this point in time you will walk on to the admissions floor, and you will hear the music and the energy. You will say to yourself that it isn't too bad. However, what you won't know, is when you walk onto the floor you will not see how bad it normally is.

The process takes about 5 hours.

What they fail to mention is the drugs, the manipulation, the harassing environment, the fact that they truly don't care about you. They are well aware most people last under 90 days there (in fact at 90 days you have a meeting to determine if you get to keep your job, most do not). Those that last more than 90 days MAYBE last until their 5-7 month. This ideal for the school, which they will tell you this after you are hired. They don't care for people who are they along time because most "lose" the level of energy it takes to manipulate people all day, every day. There are the random people there who do really well for longer, but that is NOT the norm.

Interview Questions

• Why is this a good job for you?
      What will you bring to the UMA team?   Answer Question

Sep 20, 2016 – Vice President, Marketing

Sorry to hear you had a negative experience with UMA. We take the matters you stated above quite seriously and HR will take appropriate action as needed. You are always welcome to speak directly... More

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ultimate Medical Academy.

Interview

Walk in to a hallway where there's a table to check in and hand in copies of resume to an HR rep.

Once it's time, you and the other interviewees will be escorted into a classroom and educated on UMA's background, culture and details on the position. This part of the interview is to weed out anyone that isn't comfortable with working in a metrics and performance based work environment.

After a "bathroom break" aka chance to leave if you're no longer feeling the vibe, you're split into groups of 15-20. Once your name is called, you stand up and introduce yourself. You're asked a few questions regarding your character and/or experience, while the interviewer reviews your resume. This part doesn't last long, 5-10 minutes per person depending how talkative they are. After everyone is interviewed, you're escorted back to the hallway you checked in at and told if you get to go on or not.

If you're selected, you wait for a director to come and get you. If hired, this director will be your supervisor. The director takes you to their area of the call center for a 1 on 1 interview. You will find out if you are hired for the job at the conclusion of this interview.

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ultimate Medical Academy (Tampa, FL) in April 2013.

Interview

Relaxed. It was more about getting to know me than anything else. I had to describe where I had worked at before, where I did something similar. They wanted to know about my experiences working at a former school. that experience seemed to help me the most

Interview Questions

• How do you think you can contribute to a students success?
      What made you want to come to UMA ?   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was straight forward. I got a letter stating that they wanted to hire me, and a salary.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ultimate Medical Academy.

Interview

Group interview that had very little professional feel to it. fun atmosphere but that ends quickly when you start. Depending which team you end up on is your chance of staying with the company

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ultimate Medical Academy (Tampa, FL) in September 2016.

Interview

A group interview in a classroom starts with a recruiter providing you the PROS & CONS of the job. That information took up about 30 minutes. Following the information session another recruiter/Member of management come in the room and begins to interview everyone in the room(one by one) and you answer the questions with everyone listening. You are required to bring 5 resumes with you. Once the 2nd interviewer leaves the room the original recruiter comes back and "trims the fat" . The names that are called get a second interview, those that are not are escorted to the exit, and encouraged to re-apply for another position. They do explain before escorting the unselected individuals that it is possible they were not selected because of the role they applied for and they will possibly be more successful in a more customer service role.