United American Insurance Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.4

Interviews for Top Jobs at United American Insurance

QAC Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at United American Insurance (Omaha, NE) in November 2012.

Interview

Was very relaxed and easy flow to the interview, the intreviewer didn't try to derail me. Asked about previous call center and customer care experience. Wanted to make sure I could sell myself, be confident in my abilities. Did not discourage my lapse in employment, or curent expedience in needing a job. Lots of competency tests, Math, Typing, Attention to detail, Phone skills, Customer Care, etc.

Interview Questions

• They didn't really ask me any questions I wasn't prepared, or already confidant in answering. The interviewer really was straight forward. Knew what they were looking for, and I had it in spades to offer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They had told me that upon the results of my tests, and my background check they would give me a call. They already seemed pleased with what I had offered and my eagerness to work.
    Because of so many other interviews, I responded with.. Will you let me know yes OR no on the position being given to me?
    They stated that they would.
    Next day, I recieved the E-mail confirming their acceptance.

Strategy Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McKinney, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at United American Insurance (McKinney, TX) in August 2012.

Interview

Three interviews - one with hiring Director then a strategy presentation to the VP and then a third round with three CEOs. People were very friendly.

Interview Questions

• Do you think insurance will be a boring industry?   2 Answers

My current company countered with a pay increase and promotion.

Regional Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in McKinney, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at United American Insurance (McKinney, TX) in July 2012.

Interview

Quick and easy, everyone was very upfront and informative of the company.

Data Entry Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in McKinney, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at United American Insurance (McKinney, TX) in March 2011.

Interview

HR Staff is very friendly and efficient. they were quick to contact me after I applied. The interview consisted of a 20 minute typing test. I had to be able to key 10,000 keys per hr, which is very fast. After I passed that test, I met with the supervisor. Within a couple of hours I received the call from HR dept with the job offer.

Interview Questions

• How much money do you need to make per hr to accept this position?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The data entry job offers $11 per hr for the first three months. After that you go to being paid by the piece. If you want to make more than $11 per hr you must work very hard and fast, no socializing, no bathroom breaks, clocking our for lunch but going back to your desk to keep working, etc.

Senior Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in McKinney, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at United American Insurance (McKinney, TX) in August 2010.

Interview

One interview as I worked for the company as an Agent since 1979. People were professional and interesting, company culture is outstanding and a company you would be proud to represent. I was told that there would be opportunity to grow, have advancement opportunities and increased income. All have come true, this company recognizes talent.

Interview Questions

• Since I had previously owned my own business they questioned if I could have a boss. Being a big believer in the Team concept, I said yes and was hired.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Easy, profession and fast.

QAC Interview

Anonymous Employee in McKinney, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at United American Insurance (McKinney, TX) in August 2009.

Interview

Excessive testing in all areas. The initial phase of the interview process consist of 2 hours of comp based testing including math, spelling, vocabulary, typing skills, call center, customer service knowledge, excel, and word timed test. Once testing (Part 1) is passed, you move on two the second phase ... the second part of computer based skills testing. The criteria for passing the testing phase is determined by HR (min requirements) then by the individual department leadership team's criteria, so it varies. Our dept looks for a FIRM 70% or higher (~85%) excel score, 90% CS score, and 85% call center. These test, for most, are no joke. The testing phase is immediately followed by (if you pass) your initial one on one interview with a hiring supervisor. That supervisor then decides whether a second interview is necessary or gives HR a short written note and accepts or declines the applicant. Upon passing the interview process, you will be called back in to the office and sent to a CareNow facility for a drug screen. If the drug screen (12 point) is clean the background check is processed. Then, if every step returns favorable results, you are offered a Part-Time position with no benefits.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what you know about this company.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. No base pay. Pay per completion only. PT positions only.

Agent Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at United American Insurance.

Interview

Mgr lies to get more agents to sign up so he can get more leads from corporate office.
    Then he gives them all to one rep who doesn't share them with rest of group.
    She cherry picks them and gives leftovers to others.
    Then you're eventually terminated and the manager keeps all yr renewals.
    He does nothing to help agents grow.

Interview Questions

• They'll hire anyone who's dumb enough to apply, so don't worry about any difficult questions.   Answer Question

Other people warned me about this company and it's inept managers.