Universal Orlando Resort Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Universal Orlando Resort Interview Questions

Updated Aug 9, 2017

2.2

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Universal Orlando Resort.

Interview

Got an email to come in for an interview. Process could take about 30 minutes to one hour depending on the amount of people that have appointments. Simple questions. Offered position on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Universal Orlando Resort (Orlando, FL) in July 2017.

Interview

apply online, after one month, got the 1st phone interview, waiting for one month got the in-person interview. A long way to get this internship, but a nice experience.

Blue Man Group Theater Usher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Universal Orlando Resort.

Interview

I think the interview would have been a lot better if their initial application process screened me better. I applied when I was 17 and was called in to interview, I got there and was told the job is 18+ and I couldn't work there. That was very frustrating, I drove 45 minutes to get told I could work at a Starbucks. I wasn't really asked any direct questions outside of "What job are you applying for" and I don't know if that would have changed had I taken a job. I was offered a job at Starbucks (I'm not driving that far to be a barista) and to hold a parade balloon (I didn't weigh enough to do that) Everything else was for someone 18+.

Interview Questions

• I wasn't asked anything past "What job are you applying for today"   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Universal Orlando Resort (Orlando, FL) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied for seasonal position but didn't get accepted because I requested one weekend off for a school conference 2 months in advance.
    My interview appointment was for 8:30am and I tried arriving early for it, but the Human Resource building doesn't open until 8:30am. There were about 20 people waiting outside of the building for interviews and various things. When the building opened, we had to go through security and fill out a quick form and wait in a waiting room until they called your name. When they called my name, I introduced myself and sat down. The interviewer asked why I wanted to work at Universal. He then looked at my form which asks if you need any time off, I had requested a weekend off for a school conference that I am presenting at, he asked me about it and then said that they were unable to accommodate this request. And then he sent me out, didn't even get to finish the interview, it lasted less than 5 minutes. So don't even bother applying if you need any time off.

Admissions Attendant Interview

Application

Interview

Applied online and got an email to schedule an interview. Arrived half an hour early to be able to find the building and go through the pre-interview process. First thing you do is sign in at front desk and go through security. Afterwards, you take a seat in the waiting area, fill out the paper you are given with questions about the position you are interested in and your availability, and then wait for them to call your name. When called, you follow the interviewer into the cubicle, sit down and they'll start with some basic questions. Be prepared to answer why Universal. They ask about availability and what days would you like off. If you can perform the duties of your position without accommodation. If you have reliable transportation and if you need any time off for vacation. Afterwards, they'll ask situational questions pertaining to customer service and any experience you might have. I was actually offered the position after my interview was done so they had me sit outside and wait for the new-hire paperwork, fingerprinting and photo ID. It's very smooth and relaxing, I recommend you dress professional and look confident. Also bring any ID (license and social security or passport) in case you're offered the job as they'll need this to process you.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you worked as part of a team to accomplish something.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a difficult guest situation, how you handled it and the outcome.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a guest.   Answer Question

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Universal Orlando Resort (Orlando, FL).

Interview

-Lengthy Process (7 weeks from 1st Interview to Start Date)
    -Strong interview questions
    -3 stage process: Phone Screen, In-Person Interview (group of 3-4 interviewers), Park Walkthrough with Senior Leadership

Phone Screen - standard phone screen, discuss availability, salary expectations, ensure your experience is inline with what the business needs are. NOTE: make sure to pay attention at the end if you are offered an in-person (I was offered at the end of my phone screen) because they will give you the location & parking information. They will not or may not email you the information so write it down accurately.

Group In-Person - was in front of 3-4 interviewers running down a list of fairly standard behavioral questions and example questions. Asked everything from how to discipline employees, what good guest service looks like, to why choose Universal over Disney / Sea World etc.

Park Walk-through: final interview stage, it is a park walk through with the senior park leadership (1-2 people). You may be asked to observe park team members for good behaviors or opportunities but ultimately it is a discussion to make sure you are the best candidate, best fit, and that your experience matches what they want out of their leaders.

Offer was extended 1 week after the final interview.

Interview Questions

• Orlando is home to many theme parks -- Why choose Universal and not our competitors?   Answer Question

Attractions Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Universal Orlando Resort (Orlando, FL).

Interview

It was very smooth and easy. You go in at your scheduled time and will have to wait because the room is usually full of people. Once you get called, you get taken back and they just ask you basic interview questions. If they like you, they'll offer you the job right then and there. Then you do your fingerprinting and ID badge so make sure to bring all your proper paperwork.

Merchandise Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Universal Orlando Resort (Orlando, FL).

Interview

The interview process was fairly straightforward questions. The interviewer asked basic questions. It may be daunting if this is your first ever job. Overall the interview took 15 minutes then I was hired on the spot, and sent give finger prints and photo.

Restaurant Host Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Universal Orlando Resort (Orlando, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

I showed up about half an hour before my scheduled interview and parked in a parking spot labelled 'applicant parking' which was just a short walk away from the human resources building where the interview would eventually take place. As soon as I walked in, I was met by security guards whom I told why I was there, my name, and information, then went through security comparable to airport security. After that, they gave me a small pre-interview questionnaire that only took me about 5 minutes to fill out. There were questions like 'what position are you applying for?', 'select one of the following jobs you'd be interested in', 'what pay would you like to receive?'. Just basic easy questions. In the lobby, they were playing a Harry Potter movie and I was only sitting down for about 10 minutes before my name was called to interview. I was taken into a cubicle and was greeted by a super friendly employee who asked me only a few questions before finding an opening that would suit me. He was very personable and down to Earth. He offered me a job, I accepted, and went back out to the lobby to wait for an available employee to go over some paperwork with me and do some background checks and fingerprint me. They also scheduled my orientation, gave me a folder with some important info in it and sent me on my way home. It was an overall pleasant experience, because everyone was very friendly and professional. Don't be nervous--everyone will treat you with kindness and respect there!

Prep/Line Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Universal Orlando Resort (Orlando, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

First pre-interviewed with a Universal hiring manager. Interviewed well and transferred to Head Chef of The Cowfish. Interviewed even better and hired on the spot. Then transferred to another room to set-up my orientation days. 3-5 hour process if hired. 3-5 minute process if not.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Universal?   1 Answer