Ustream Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ustream Interview Questions

2.8

Marketing Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ustream (San Francisco, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

Although the interview process was very smooth, it took abnormally very long for them to get their paperwork finished. It took two months to finally start working. It was somewhat unorganized as well.

Interview Questions

• Career goals and aspirations   1 Answer

Interview

Process was professional. Met many many people, thorough which gave me a good sense of the people I would work with. Also showed they take it serious.

Questions were typical with big focus on how I thoughts about teams and my technical know how of the video space

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Straight forward

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ustream (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

First interview with hiring manager, second interview will be round of interviews with other department employees ( 3 o 4 people). I received an offer a couple of weeks later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I declined first offer and received higher offer. I think it was more than $5k but less than $10k annually.

Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ustream (San Francisco, CA) in July 2012.

Interview

I sent in my resume. Heard from the recruiter about a week later. Had a phone screening with the recruiter, then a phone interview with an intern (beats me...). About a week later I was brought in interviewed with 2 future co-workers, then the hiring manager, then another future co-worker, then another future co-worker, then a wrap-up with the recruiter. Sounds like a lot I know but it actually went by pretty quickly and everyone was really nice.

Interview Questions

• The world is being invaded by aliens and you're in charge of defending the planet. What do you do? (to be fair I learned later on this is NOT typical there)   Answer Question

Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ustream (San Francisco, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

I received a phone call from the Marketing Manager and returned her call to set up an interview the following day. The next day we set up an interview via Skype Video chat and I was interviewed by the Marketing Team in teams of two, essentially. Eagerness to learn and a strong understanding of social media will help all those applying for the position. The people are very nice and fun-loving. Happy hours are common. However, they have a strong work ethic and know when to buckle down.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation process as this was an internship with an hourly rate.

Secretary Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ustream (San Francisco, CA) in June 2010.

Interview

Short and welcoming. Did not tour the facility.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years?   1 Answer
    • Why are you interested in this position?   1 Answer

Too little income. Hours required.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Budapest (Hungary)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ustream (Budapest (Hungary)) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online, the process took about 2 weeks. It went neither too slowly nor very quickly. The first round was a technical and a general HR round mixed together. This seemed a bit unprofessional, like they were doing it for the first time. The technical questions were pretty easy (some trivial Java concurrency problems), they didn't bother to ask the usual HR questions (which is not necessarily a bad thing). But overall it was a good experience. This took about an hour.

Few days later they asked me to complete a home assignment. This wasn't too challenging either. Server-client written in java, client asks the server to answer the current time, server remembers last n responses. I had to put them in a docker container and also make a simple web interface.

As a third round, I had to spend a full day at the company and investigate a problem onsite. The problem was about some reconnection issue between their local dns server and a zookeeper instance. Not particularly programming oriented, but I didn't mind. This is a bug that has been presented in their system since ages and they couldn't figure out why. Luckily, they don't expect the candidate to actually solve the problem. This day was not paid, compensated or whatsoever, which is illegal according to the Hungarian law. Without this it would not have been a bad experience. They emailed me few days later saying I wasn't selected.

Interview Questions

• Java concurrency questions. Race conditions, synchronization, etc   Answer Question