VNL Interview Questions | Glassdoor

VNL Interview Questions

Updated Aug 5, 2017

3.2

Graduate Engineering Trainee GET Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I interviewed at VNL (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in August 2017.

Interview

It was the worst day of my life.if interviewer doesnt find the candidate suitable for the profile what would he say .he will tell you to improve yourself or simply say no .but in vnl the interviewer was so soooo arrogant .he started insulting me .he asked me a puzzle i could not answer that and then he started insulting my college and then my knowledge .he said that even if you gave me interview 200 times i will not take you.
    Sir if you are reading this if i was not suitable for the post you should simply said me no.but why did you insulted me.
    The receptionist was so humble and earlier when i gave interview there .there were three interviewee and they were very humble and polite.but today that new interviewer just broke my confidence level.now i am not even able to go anywhere else to give interview.thanks to that arrogant guy.

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at VNL (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in June 2017.

Interview

There are two rounds
    1. Written
    2. Interview

Written Test had 5 section
    1. C/C++(15 questions)
    2. Data Structure (15 questions)
    3. Data Communication & Networking Concepts(15 questions)
    4. Operating System(15 questions)
    5. Aptitude (12 questions)

In Interview main focus was on C & C++ programming concepts.Function,Pointers, Structure, Memory Allocation, etc and a little bit of Operating System, Data Structure and Networking.

Expect more questions on what answer you give.

Research and Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at VNL (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in March 2017.

Interview

Interview was professional and as expected, very technical. As i was already working in R&D, i expected them to test subject knowledge, developing algorithms from them. It kept going for over an hour. Theoretical as well as mathematical concepts were tested.
    I come from electronics background and have done post graduation.
    It was obvious of them to ask everything regarding my thesis/project.
    There was lot of cross questioning, contradiction and proving of logics.

Interview Questions

• What if you have stability here but not very good R&D that you are looking for? (Given the fact that i was then working in a relatively unstable company )   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at VNL (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)).

Interview

direct personal interview was taken in which i was asked about my subjects then some coding test was taken by the same person. he made me feel friendly to him, and took it with easy, it was a good experience.

Graduate Engineer Trainee Or Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at VNL (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in March 2015.

Interview

Interview mainly focused on the following things:
    1. Programming Language: C/C++/Embedded C
    2. Data Structure Using C
    3. Data Communication & Networking Concepts
    4. Microprocessor & Controller
    5. Operating System

The controller & processors changes industry to industry and according to application so they didn't asked any thing about it. Just overview. And Some Pins & their functions.

40% main question was on C & C++ deep programming concepts. As it is for software development so they throw the questions mainly on that. Function,Pointers, Structure, Memory Allocation, etc

20% question were on data structure.Stack & Queue, Linear Data Structure: Link list & Arrays. etc

25% question were on Operating system Concepts & Designing. Like Scheduling, Memory Management etc.

15% you can say were on Data communication and Networking concepts.Mainly question were on TCP/IP Protocol Stack. Ethernet Technology. Switch & Routers Concepts. etc

Interview Questions

• Asked to implement design pattern program. & Asked basic questions on that.
      Asked to implement programs on Structures Pointers and Function.

Implement Insertion operation in stack using Link List.
      Implement Push Pop on Queue.

Question on TCP/ IP.

Question on OS Concepts.   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at VNL (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in February 2015.

Interview

First will be written exam followed by a couple of interviews scheduled in the next upcoming days once you are through your written exam.
     Personal interview's duration varies from 1 hr to 4 hrs depending upon your worth.Last will be the HR round which will just be a formality.

Interview Questions

• Topics starting from C language, Linux OS , IPC , Sockets .   Answer Question

Software Developeer/GET Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at VNL (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in January 2015.

Interview

candidates were shortlisted on the basis of academic performances (70% throughout),
    than shortlisted candidates were given a written test based on the following sections ,
    1-Data Structures ,
    2-Programming skills in c++ and c ,
    3-computer networks,
    4- operating system ,
    5-dbms and
    6-general aptitude containig many questions from probability,

after the written test two technical rounds took place where questions from OS DAtastructures were asked ,eg implement a quby using doubly linked list.
     and finally the HR round.
    In HR round questions were asked about the company , what makes you proud of yourself ?

**In HR round they reveal about the bond also for 1-2 years , which I personally found very unethical ,beacause it was not mentioned in the job notification.

Interview Questions

• Implement a queue using doubly linked list ?
      what is endianess ,threads , deadlock etc   Answer Question

Systems Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at VNL (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in December 2012.

Interview

First round was of technical interview and the students selected was called up for HR round next day ,questions were about basic electronics and communication ,be prepared for some technical terms you have never heard of before just say youre not aware of the same .

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation for freshers they provide a specific amount for freshers.

Lead Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at VNL.

Interview

2 tech rounds followed by mgr then hr round

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at VNL in January 2012.

Interview

VNL did visit our campus to recruit.
    first there was written paper , after that one technical round and one Hr round

It was pretty simple. there was 70 question from basic aptitude, c++ basic output question few OS questions.

Interview Questions

• they asked about few basic question from resume like , explain final year project, intern ship project and so on..   Answer Question