VNL Interview Questions | Glassdoor

VNL Interview Questions

3.1

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at VNL (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)).

Interview

direct personal interview was taken in which i was asked about my subjects then some coding test was taken by the same person. he made me feel friendly to him, and took it with easy, it was a good experience.

Graduate Engineer Trainee Or Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at VNL (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in March 2015.

Interview

Interview mainly focused on the following things:
    1. Programming Language: C/C++/Embedded C
    2. Data Structure Using C
    3. Data Communication & Networking Concepts
    4. Microprocessor & Controller
    5. Operating System

The controller & processors changes industry to industry and according to application so they didn't asked any thing about it. Just overview. And Some Pins & their functions.

40% main question was on C & C++ deep programming concepts. As it is for software development so they throw the questions mainly on that. Function,Pointers, Structure, Memory Allocation, etc

20% question were on data structure.Stack & Queue, Linear Data Structure: Link list & Arrays. etc

25% question were on Operating system Concepts & Designing. Like Scheduling, Memory Management etc.

15% you can say were on Data communication and Networking concepts.Mainly question were on TCP/IP Protocol Stack. Ethernet Technology. Switch & Routers Concepts. etc

Interview Questions

• Asked to implement design pattern program. & Asked basic questions on that.
      Asked to implement programs on Structures Pointers and Function.

Implement Insertion operation in stack using Link List.
      Implement Push Pop on Queue.

Question on TCP/ IP.

Question on OS Concepts.
      Answer Question

Software Developeer/GET Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at VNL (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in January 2015.

Interview

candidates were shortlisted on the basis of academic performances (70% throughout),
    than shortlisted candidates were given a written test based on the following sections ,
    1-Data Structures ,
    2-Programming skills in c++ and c ,
    3-computer networks,
    4- operating system ,
    5-dbms and
    6-general aptitude containig many questions from probability,

after the written test two technical rounds took place where questions from OS DAtastructures were asked ,eg implement a quby using doubly linked list.
     and finally the HR round.
    In HR round questions were asked about the company , what makes you proud of yourself ?

**In HR round they reveal about the bond also for 1-2 years , which I personally found very unethical ,beacause it was not mentioned in the job notification.

Interview Questions

• Implement a queue using doubly linked list ?
      what is endianess ,threads , deadlock etc
      Answer Question

Systems Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at VNL (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in December 2012.

Interview

First round was of technical interview and the students selected was called up for HR round next day ,questions were about basic electronics and communication ,be prepared for some technical terms you have never heard of before just say youre not aware of the same .

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation for freshers they provide a specific amount for freshers.

Lead Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at VNL.

Interview

2 tech rounds followed by mgr then hr round

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at VNL in January 2012.

Interview

VNL did visit our campus to recruit.
    first there was written paper , after that one technical round and one Hr round

It was pretty simple. there was 70 question from basic aptitude, c++ basic output question few OS questions.

Interview Questions

• they asked about few basic question from resume like , explain final year project, intern ship project and so on..   Answer Question

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at VNL (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in November 2010.

Interview

To be a successful professional in the field of information technology with a well-established company having a global vision, which offers me opportunities to learn and develop technical as well as creative skills both in my professional and personal life.

Key Skills
    Java SE, EE
    Python
    Data Structures & Algorithms (Beginner’s Level)
    Linux
    Networking Protocols (SNMP, TR-069, VoIP: SIP, SDP, RTP etc.)
    Network Management Systems
    Communication Skills

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at VNL (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in April 2010.

Interview

For freshers it is a Enterance test follwoed by a technical interview focussing on the basic Data structure and C lang and Data Structure for hardware Digital electronics and Basics.

For experinced Phone interview followed by a 1:1 technical Inteveriew (might be 2 rounds) .

Interview Questions

• How do two processor communcate ? If they have to.   1 Answer
    • What is volatile type in C lang ? Detaila about the static type of variable.   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was good as they usually offer whatever you ask as people often realize their msitake of joining a unprofessional company after the have been lured by high compensation.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at VNL (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in December 2009.

Interview

1)Telephonic
    2)Written