Vacasa Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.4

1. Featured Interview

Housekeeper Interview

Anonymous Employee in Davenport, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Vacasa (Davenport, FL) in November 2018.

Interview

I had a in person interview and it was simple. The hiring manager asked me about my work experience and he talked about the benefits vacasa has to offer for their employees.Also talked about what i would be doing as a housekeeper.

Outbound Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Vacasa (Portland, OR) in January 2018.

Interview

The first step was a phone interview, I was given an information pack and contract of what Vacasa could offer a potential client, I was then rung back 48 hours later and treated to a mock sales call which lasted around half an hour. Following this, I was invited to an in-person interview with two of the hiring managers.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Vacasa (Portland, OR) in November 2017.

Interview

Phone Interview, high level from an HR rep. Asked some basic questions, took about 15-20 minutes, and then said they would follow up next week if interested. They followed up but were not interested.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Vacasa (Boise, ID) in August 2018.

Interview

After the application, I got a fifteen minute phone interview that was mainly a logistics/get to know you call. I then went into the Boise office for an interview and met with two managers, one in person and one Skyping in. The experience was great, and, while it followed an outline of questions, felt more like a conversation. They really emphasize culture fit, even in an analyst position. After the interview, I was sent an online SQL test that involved writing some queries and suggesting efficiency improvements. A formal offer came about two days after that.

Interview Questions

• How lucky do you think you are?   1 Answer
    • What would your best friend say is their favorite part of being your friend?   1 Answer
    • What is your favorite book, board game, recreational activity?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Vacasa (Boise, ID) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online. I was contacted for a phone screening a few weeks later. The phone screening asked me questions about workplace behavior, not really about the actual position. Pretty easy screening. I was contacted a day after for a one on one interview at the office. This interview was a pretty disappointing experience. It went about five minutes long, and he didn't ask me any specific questions about the position. Frankly, It was a letdown--not that I didn't get the job, but that it was a total waste of my time. It was clear from the first question asked that I was not seriously being considered for the position. The person interviewing me would ask a question, and then not really pay attention to my answer. He also looked over my shoulder at someone else in the office several times. Such is life, but it was still very disappointing and unprofessional.
    It almost felt like he wanted to interview me as some sort of joke.

Interview Questions

• So, do you have any games you like to play?
      What kind of boss do you like?
      Are you from the area?
      What have you been doing since you graduated?   1 Answer

Analytics Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vacasa in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got called to set up a phone interview time. The phone interview was a very intense behavioral interview, asking questions about how you reacted in essentially every situation they could possibly think of. "Give me an example of when there was a conflict in your recent position, and how you reacted to the situation." or "Give me an example of a time that you were a part of a team, and what role did you play on the team." The questions were all very specific, requiring an example as well as an explanation. They also asked me a few random questions, I listed it below.

Interview Questions

• How lucky are you on a scale of 1 to 10?   1 Answer

Analytics Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vacasa.

Interview

Culture phone interview, followed by an in-person interview. Not really any technical questions. Questions more about how you would solve problems, explaining previous work, and questions about how you are in the workplace.

Interview Questions

• Who do you admire and why?   Answer Question
    • How did you come up with a solution to a problem in either the workplace, or a school setting?   Answer Question

Analytics Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vacasa in September 2017.

Interview

I applied on their website and got a call in two weeks. The interview was for 30 minutes and all of the questions were behavioral ones. The hiring manager was rushing through the interview.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Vacasa (Boise, ID) in November 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very comprehensive and detailed. I was interviewed over the phone and then in person at the Boise office. The whole process took 3 weeks from the first interview until I was offered the position. Very organized and great communication!

Internship Interview

Interview

It was an okay interview, behavioral questions, but some of the questions asked were a bit ambiguous so I didn't know how to answer some of them. Overall it was an average interview process.

Intern Interview

Interview

There was a phone screening round, which was rather easy to pass. During the in-person interview, the questions weren't that hard to answer but some of them were very ambiguously asked so it was hard to tell what they were asking for.

Interview Questions

• Very standard interview questions, just worded very weirdly for some of them.   Answer Question