Valeant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Valeant

2.8

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Valeant (Houston, TX).

Interview

A couple over phone interviews as well as a couple in person. The process in generally, took about six weeks. A person for this company should have at least 5 plus years experience to really comprehend the scope of the job. There are a lot of long term employees.

Interview Questions

• Tips ... Know their products and competition. Understand the dynamics of the offices you will be calling on. Understand a buy and bill platform as well as scripts. This job is more medical than pharmaceutical.   Answer Question

Treasury Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Valeant.

Interview

Quick and easy, over the phone then in person on sight in NJ. Very friendly welcoming people and a beautiful building. I was greeted upon entrance and was prompted to the interview room for an hour long interview

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Valeant (Saint Louis, MO) in February 2018.

Interview

Had an initial phone interview that went very well and was moved into the face to face phase of interviewing. Interviewed with 4 individuals one at a time. I think it actually went pretty well, but they really want someone who has a background in healthcare. I was told I'd hear back in the next week or two and never got a call. Also, after doing more research on Valeant Pharmaceuticals, they are a very controversial company with a bad past. Watch the Netflix documentary Dirty Money - Valeant. They basically take over companies, cut the R&D and raise the prescription prices 5000% (not an exaggeration) to make their money. They cost consumers up to $300K+ a year for prescriptions! Might be a good thing this shady company didn't call me back.

Interview Questions

• Asked about every position I've ever held and what I learned, what I liked, what I didn't and what my manager would say about me for each. Seems a bit ridiculous if you've have 4 jobs and 2-3 positions at each over a 20 year career.   Answer Question

Senior Regulatory Affairs Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Valeant.

Interview

Interview with HR followed by online application. If HR interview passes, interview with hiring manager will progress for at least thirty minutes. It was also a phone call interview.

Interview Questions

• Do you actually write CMC in word format or do you only publish CMC?   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Valeant (New Brunswick, NJ) in May 2017.

Interview

Quick just a phone call and a face to face interview with the manager and Director of sales. Got a phone call with in a few days with an offer

Interview Questions

• Have you sold Pharmaceuticals before   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Valeant (Orlando, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a member of HR on the phone. I was not asked any interview questions, no pre-screen or anything. I was told that the hiring manger was holding interviews later in the week. However the interviews were taking place 2 hours south of where I lived and where the position was located. Kind of strange to have all the local applicants drive 2 hours away to apply for a position located where they live.

I spent two hours driving to the interview which added to the anticipation of an interview in the first place. I arrived at the hotel I was going to meet the hiring manager at for my interview. To my surprise is was a nice hotel that had valet or onsite parking for 15.00. So I drove two hours, paid 15 dollars to park just to interview.

The interview was pretty straight forward, I had a lot of sales and marketing experience but no experience in pharma. I outlined my sales background as it related to the position. I thought the interview went pretty well.

After an hour interview I was not given a business card or any contact info for the recruiter. As time went by I researched Valeant a little more online and found out somethings that were relevant in the news. Which made me questions the stability of the company and the position. 3 weeks went by and I decided to reach out to the HR rep. They never even took the time to reply to my email to see if I was still a candidate. Months later and still no response to that email or a we have decided to pursue other candidates email.

As I continue my job search I am not very upset that I did not get a call back from this company due to the poor communication on their end. Also have candidates drive 2 hours and pay for parking to interview is not a good first impression of the company.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bridgewater, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Valeant (Bridgewater, NJ) in February 2017.

Interview

1/2 day onsite interview with the hiring manager and several stakeholders. Most were conversational with typical questions. Overall a good experience. Only two negatives were the interview communications wasn't clear and while it listed the interview panel, it didn't indicate the titles or position of each person and salary became an issue post interview as their budget was below my asking range. Was willing to negotiate and surprised they didn't screen me out prior to committing to half a day or explore other ways to secure an offer.

Interview Questions

• Interview questions were standard and none were overly difficult or surprising.   Answer Question

Senior Quality Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Valeant in June 2016.

Interview

Phone interview lasted 15 minutes and involved qualifications. In the last minute HR rep said I had no QA experience to which I said I did not claim to on my resume and they were looking for someone with previous QA experience. Then I asked why did she call me if she had not intention of pursuing my candidacy? No answer...then she said if we're interested we'll call you and hung up.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Valeant in February 2016.

Interview

I was emailed about scheduling a phone interview, I received no reply about a time that worked for the both us. Later that day I was sent an email from HR informing me that they decided to pursue another candidate. I never did receive a reply, or an retraction of the initial email asking to interview me even after I re-emailed the interviewer. Pretty disappointed that there is such a lack of communication between HR and hiring managers that this could happen. I was referred for the position by a current employee who was impressed with my qualifications adding to the surprise of this "interviewing" experience.

Marketing Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bridgewater, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Valeant (Bridgewater, NJ).

Interview

I went through a recruiter who told me more about Valeant. I didn't know much, but was looking for a job. The online articles weren't favorable to the company, so i should have realized that was a red flag. At first, I wasn't interested, but heard they paid well, so decided to give it a shot. After working with a recruiter, I had a few phone screens, then was invited in to meet some managers. All the managers were surprisingly great, well educated, well experienced people. The nterview questions were as expected. Usual stuff about experience, how I got there etc. Once they decided to offer me the position, it went really quickly and I got a call within a week. The company prides itself on being lean and fast. I quickly received an offer letter and benefits package on email. Had to take a drug test and provide references. It all went very smoothly. The day i got fired was even faster and smoother.

Interview Questions

• Asked the usual about experience, education, qualifications. Asked about what I thought of Valeant products.   1 Answer

Negotiation

once you get an offer, ask for 10% more. They typically hold back $5-10K assuming you might ask for more. If they really want you, you can get more. Or ask for another week of vacation.