Valeant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 3, 2017

2.8

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Valeant (Orlando, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a member of HR on the phone. I was not asked any interview questions, no pre-screen or anything. I was told that the hiring manger was holding interviews later in the week. However the interviews were taking place 2 hours south of where I lived and where the position was located. Kind of strange to have all the local applicants drive 2 hours away to apply for a position located where they live.

I spent two hours driving to the interview which added to the anticipation of an interview in the first place. I arrived at the hotel I was going to meet the hiring manager at for my interview. To my surprise is was a nice hotel that had valet or onsite parking for 15.00. So I drove two hours, paid 15 dollars to park just to interview.

The interview was pretty straight forward, I had a lot of sales and marketing experience but no experience in pharma. I outlined my sales background as it related to the position. I thought the interview went pretty well.

After an hour interview I was not given a business card or any contact info for the recruiter. As time went by I researched Valeant a little more online and found out somethings that were relevant in the news. Which made me questions the stability of the company and the position. 3 weeks went by and I decided to reach out to the HR rep. They never even took the time to reply to my email to see if I was still a candidate. Months later and still no response to that email or a we have decided to pursue other candidates email.

As I continue my job search I am not very upset that I did not get a call back from this company due to the poor communication on their end. Also have candidates drive 2 hours and pay for parking to interview is not a good first impression of the company.

Senior Quality Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Valeant in June 2016.

Interview

Phone interview lasted 15 minutes and involved qualifications. In the last minute HR rep said I had no QA experience to which I said I did not claim to on my resume and they were looking for someone with previous QA experience. Then I asked why did she call me if she had not intention of pursuing my candidacy? No answer...then she said if we're interested we'll call you and hung up.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Valeant in February 2016.

Interview

I was emailed about scheduling a phone interview, I received no reply about a time that worked for the both us. Later that day I was sent an email from HR informing me that they decided to pursue another candidate. I never did receive a reply, or an retraction of the initial email asking to interview me even after I re-emailed the interviewer. Pretty disappointed that there is such a lack of communication between HR and hiring managers that this could happen. I was referred for the position by a current employee who was impressed with my qualifications adding to the surprise of this "interviewing" experience.

Marketing Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bridgewater, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Valeant (Bridgewater, NJ).

Interview

I went through a recruiter who told me more about Valeant. I didn't know much, but was looking for a job. The online articles weren't favorable to the company, so i should have realized that was a red flag. At first, I wasn't interested, but heard they paid well, so decided to give it a shot. After working with a recruiter, I had a few phone screens, then was invited in to meet some managers. All the managers were surprisingly great, well educated, well experienced people. The nterview questions were as expected. Usual stuff about experience, how I got there etc. Once they decided to offer me the position, it went really quickly and I got a call within a week. The company prides itself on being lean and fast. I quickly received an offer letter and benefits package on email. Had to take a drug test and provide references. It all went very smoothly. The day i got fired was even faster and smoother.

Interview Questions

• Asked the usual about experience, education, qualifications. Asked about what I thought of Valeant products.   1 Answer

Negotiation

once you get an offer, ask for 10% more. They typically hold back $5-10K assuming you might ask for more. If they really want you, you can get more. Or ask for another week of vacation.

Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Valeant.

Interview

I applied online via a posting on Indeed.com. I received an email from a recruiter about 2 days later asking to schedule a time to speak so she could get to know me better. We scheduled a time to speak and had a very conversational phone call about the position available at Valeant and my background experience. I was told I was passed through to the face to face interview round before the holidays and haven't heard anything since.

Interview Questions

• Asked about my degree and current position; asked why I am looking for a new job   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Valeant.

Interview

very efficient process, and enjoyable interview experience. Step 1: phone screen 2: virtual interview 3: face to face 4: received my offer verbally 5: received formal offer letter and employment documents to complete within 48 hrs

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Valeant (Wilmington, DE) in August 2015.

Interview

Standard interview process, however the hiring DM wanted to meet at a location over two and a half hours drive from my home for the first interview, and the same location for the second. That equates to 10 hours on the road, with gas and tolls coming out of pocket, which for me was just under $200. I didn't get the job, (which is fine, it happens) but it took two weeks and a couple emails to get an answer either way. When I asked why, I got a generic, canned answer. Very inconsiderate and unprofessional.

Federal Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Valeant (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Phone, Brief, to the point

Interviewer spent 20 minutes on the phone asking about my past experiences and how they would apply to the job I was interviewing for.
    I discussed my past experiences and how I believed that my history of success was the best indicator of future success for the job I was applying for.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your past experience   1 Answer

Senior Quality EM Quality Interview

Interview

Had several 1:1 interviews with hiring manager as well as colleagues that would be interacting with in the given role. I kept hearing this place is not for everyone. It is a fast paced and dynamic environment, hard working but rewarding place.

Interview Questions

• What did you fail at at your previous employer and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Finance Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Valeant in May 2015.

Interview

I went through a recruiter. The first round of interviews was with two managers. Both were amicable and knowledgeable about the company, however neither were certain about the role, functions, or who was the hiring manager. I made it through a second round where the senior manager seemed preoccupied with his phone and aloof. All parties repeated the same information the company ran lean. HR repeated the same information company ran lean.... Benefits are excellent however for a large corporation I was surprised at how little professional development was offered.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in the position?
      How would you manage the role?
      How much was your last salary?
      Answer Question