Value City Furniture Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.1

Sort:

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Value City Furniture (Orlando, FL).

Interview

1st Interview was at a job fair
    2nd Interview was a skype interview
    3rd Final interview was in person

The 3rd interview was called a final interview and to date I have never heard back from them. I even followed up with multiple emails asking the status of the interview with no response.

Interview Questions

• Tell me why you want this position, from your resume you are over qualified.   1 Answer

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vienna, WV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Value City Furniture (Vienna, WV) in August 2013.

Interview

Interview was pretty standard. brought em in, filled out a secondary application (even though I had given them a comprehensive resume) and then asked em basic questiosn about former positions and the position I was applying for.

Interview Questions

I actually did not decline, I was offered the job, then it was taken away at the last moment because corporate decided to remove the position. (classy move)

Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burbank, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Value City Furniture (Burbank, IL) in May 2012.

Interview

Fast, brief and to the point. Interveiwer was sort of looking down on potential employee! Mad some jokes that didn't have a place in that environment. I was made to feel uncomfortable by bad jokes.

Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Olmsted, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Value City Furniture (North Olmsted, OH) in January 2017.

Interview

Interview was great Managers was very nice as well as the associates I had to take drug test and background check after you pass you have to take a physical test to check if your capable of lifting heavy objects

Merchandise Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warrensville Heights, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Value City Furniture (Warrensville Heights, OH) in February 2011.

Interview

long very thorough but lacked any detail. manager wasn't very nice kind of a mean guy full of him self and tried ti be very intimidating he turned out to be a terrible boss that was very mean and controling

Interview Questions

• what can you contribute to us   1 Answer

Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warren, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Value City Furniture (Warren, MI) in May 2013.

Interview

Some questions about your experience. Why should they hire you. How great a company they are. I felt like i was being given consideration like a soldier applying for a water gun game job. They were threatened by my years of experience. I could tell moving up would not happen and i may not be able to deal with the haters.

Interview Questions

• How did you hear abput them?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation
     I had to start at the bottom

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belleville, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Value City Furniture (Belleville, IL) in July 2016.

Interview

Interviewed for manager
    Asked if will to do sales
    Positive interview but did not get a call back as promised
    Might be due to not will to do sales first

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mentor, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Value City Furniture (Mentor, OH) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process involved walking in and meeting with a manager. Answer questions about why you would be a good fit. Easy process particularly if you are confident, trainable and money motivated. After that, submit authorizations for a BGC and DT. Meet with office manager and new hires to complete paperwork, tax forms, etc. and get training schedule. At the time, they sent new hires to one week of training. Done by a different person in the company everyday, which was helpful as you can learn much from various selling styles, tips etc.

Interview Questions

• Why aren't you selling Cars?!!   1 Answer

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Value City Furniture (Indianapolis, IN) in May 2012.

Interview

It was more of a conversation the manager I was interviewing with made me very comfortable. I was in furniture retail prior to applying to value city, a lot of the conversation was comparing processes and procedures.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Value City Furniture (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

I met with sales manager and discussed my resume. We talked about general sales techniques. I was told that if I passed a drug test and background check I would receive an offer.

Interview Questions

• what is your sales background   1 Answer