Value City Furniture Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 12, 2017

2.3

Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Olmsted, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Value City Furniture (North Olmsted, OH) in January 2017.

Interview

Interview was great Managers was very nice as well as the associates I had to take drug test and background check after you pass you have to take a physical test to check if your capable of lifting heavy objects

Delivery Helper Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Value City Furniture.

Interview

Interview, Drug Test, Physical Strength Test were all required. Everything went rather smoothly. Everyone was nice and able to help answer questions in a timely manner. Seemed eager to get a helping hand. Heard drivers have to go through training.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Value City Furniture (New York, NY).

Interview

it was very quick with open house interview. I had 4 manager interview me one right after other. Which cool i guess they like me. after couple day got my phone call offer me a job.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belleville, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Value City Furniture (Belleville, IL) in July 2016.

Interview

Interviewed for manager
    Asked if will to do sales
    Positive interview but did not get a call back as promised
    Might be due to not will to do sales first

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Value City Furniture (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

I met with sales manager and discussed my resume. We talked about general sales techniques. I was told that if I passed a drug test and background check I would receive an offer.

Interview Questions

• what is your sales background   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manahawkin, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Value City Furniture (Manahawkin, NJ) in April 2016.

Interview

Very quick. Straight to the point whether you understand the sales process or not. Retail background is a good base as well. Sales is a make it or break it and they will hire easily because of the high turnover.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairview Heights, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Value City Furniture (Fairview Heights, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

I have a friend that currently works there and one day she had texted me and told me that her General Manager wanted me to immediately come in and fill out an application. I was wearing casual clothing, I had just got off work from my job. I went in and filled out the application, not really expecting a full on interview. My friend pulled me into the GM's office and the GM interviewed me on the spot with my friend, the Assistant Manager in the room.

Commissioned Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Altoona, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Value City Furniture (Altoona, PA) in June 2015.

Interview

The entire process was matter of fact and straight forward. I came with a great deal of experience, so it was an easy transition for me. It was fast and easy.

Negotiation

There is no negotiation. There is a commission rate, weekly draw and bonus opportunities.

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mentor, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Value City Furniture (Mentor, OH) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process involved walking in and meeting with a manager. Answer questions about why you would be a good fit. Easy process particularly if you are confident, trainable and money motivated. After that, submit authorizations for a BGC and DT. Meet with office manager and new hires to complete paperwork, tax forms, etc. and get training schedule. At the time, they sent new hires to one week of training. Done by a different person in the company everyday, which was helpful as you can learn much from various selling styles, tips etc.

Interview Questions

• Why aren't you selling Cars?!!   1 Answer

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Value City Furniture.

Interview

I had a one-on-one interview with Sales Manager. I was asked a series of questions in a very direct way. The people that worked in the office were very friendly.

Interview Questions

• Tell me why do you want to work at Value City Furniture?   Answer Question