Vanity Shop Of Grand Forks Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at Vanity Shop Of Grand Forks

PT IT Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fargo, ND

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Vanity Shop Of Grand Forks (Fargo, ND) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online and got a call next week. Interview was very easy, basic situational questions. The interviewer was very frank and easy to talk to, most of the time he spent talking about the job position

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you went up and beyond to finish a job   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Pocatello, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vanity Shop Of Grand Forks (Pocatello, ID) in September 2015.

Interview

The manager asked us about ourselves. Asked us if there was an airplane full of jellybeans, how would we get them all out? Then we had to pick out an outfit for the Sales Lead at the counter in the store. It was a group interview with about six or seven girls and I was hired a day or two after the interview.

Interview Questions

• If there was an airplane full of jelly beans, how would you get all of the jellybeans out of the plane?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Duluth, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Vanity Shop Of Grand Forks (Duluth, MN).

Interview

Depends on the store--- You interview with the Store Manager and then get passed along to the District Manager for a phone interview. Then you do a background check, and then you're hired if they like you. Then start the training process.. which isn't great.

Sales Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Willmar, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Vanity Shop Of Grand Forks (Willmar, MN) in January 2015.

Interview

Interviewed first with the store manager, she asked the normal questions and then had me put together a couple outfits that would work for situations she gave me (ex: job interview, date night, etc.). Then had a phone interview with the district manager who offered me the job after I passed the background check.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Appleton, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Vanity Shop Of Grand Forks (Appleton, WI).

Interview

I was called within a week to schedule an interview for the week after. They gave me two time options - 4 pm or 5 pm and told me it would be a group interview. During the call the associate was super nice but asked a couple questions about why I wanted to work there, my favorite summer trend, etc. I got to the interview about 15 mins early and I was the first person there. They told me to look around the store until the rest of the girls got there. Similar to some other reviews, the manager asked us each to put together an outfit for a specific situation (ours was a casual outside date on a rainy day) and defend your selection. Then the manager brought us back to the storage room brought us back and asked us normal interview questions. She seemed really cool and chill and she told us about sales quotas and dress code (you have to wear all their stuff). I didn't actually think it was that hard but I had no experience while the other girls did so that was probably what set them apart.

Interview Questions

• What does customer service mean to you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spokane Valley, Spokane, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Vanity Shop Of Grand Forks (Spokane Valley, Spokane, WA) in June 2014.

Interview

I applied for the job a month ago and got a call the evening before the interview. The assistant manager told me that it was a group interview and we were going to dress a mannequin. I showed up 20 minutes early and they said I didn't need to be there yet, so I left until 5 minutes before. We started 7 minutes late and only one other girl showed up, but there was another group interview three hours earlier. The other girl was dressed casually, but I was wearing a plain, black dress. We were given 5 minutes to pick out an entire outfit based on a theme. Our theme was that we were going to an outdoor barbecue after a graduation. We showed her what we picked out and explained why. She didn't really comment on it. After that, we had to put back everything we found. Then we went into the back room where she asked us some questions. The entire interview lasted 45 minutes, but it will probably be slightly longer for bigger group interviews. The assistant manager said she would call us next week most likely. (I just finished the interview an hour ago, so I don't know if I got the job.)

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Vanity Shop Of Grand Forks (Columbia, MO) in June 2013.

Interview

The interview process was very laid back. Started off as a group interview and just asked basic generic questions about retail, then asked a few situation questions individually. All questions were fairly easy.

Store Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Wayne, IN

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Vanity Shop Of Grand Forks (Fort Wayne, IN) in July 2012.

Interview

I submitted my resume online and filled out the online application process. I was contacted two days later and set up a phone interview with the district manager. I had to take an online personality test. Once that was concluded then was contacted to set up another phone interview with the resgional manager. I was called three hours later by the district manager to offer the position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation was accepted, pay is set by sales volume.

Sales Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Vanity Shop Of Grand Forks (Bloomington, IL) in June 2012.

Interview

I submitted an online application and was called back about a month after. I came to the interview about 15 minutes early and they told me to walk around the store to kill some time. When more girls showed up I realized it was a group interview and I immediately got intimidated and decided to think about some outfits I would put together. When all the girls had arrived they told us to do exactly that. Make an outfit for a specific senario. I showed excitement and enthusiasm, because I really was excited. They loved every bit of it. I wasn't shy about being the first one to speak when we were asked questions, but I also let the other girls gsay what they wanted to say. After the interview I was gathering my things, everyone else had left, and the district manager called me over to chat some more. I got the job right away and was called back a few days later about a management position. I accepted.

Interview Questions

• I was asked if I had 2 employees, one was very likable and who tried very hard but didn't produce results, and the other was not so likeable but met and exceeded goals. Which one would you fire?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They were very flexible with my other job, I don't believe pay is negotiable. I got that vibe early on so I didn't ask.

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Vanity Shop Of Grand Forks (Saint Paul, MN) in February 2012.

Interview

i went in the store, and i asked the manager if they were hiring at the moment, she told me to go online, so i did, i applied, and i called everyother day to check on the status of it, finally they gave me an interview time, and it was a group interview, during which we also had to go on the sales floor and put together a outfit.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

7.25 no negotiaion