KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Varsity Tutors Interview Questions

Updated Sep 28, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 663 of over 663 interviews

Employee Referral3%
2.5
HardAverageEasy

Varsity Tutors

Application

I interviewed at Varsity Tutors

Interview

Basic recorded questions about tutor experience, academic background, degree, and a demonstration of 10 mins. Each question will allow three attempts. For the teaching demonstration, candidate will have ten minutes to prepare but not allowed to share screen.

Interview Questions
  • Based on your personality, what age are you willing to tutor
    Answer Question

Varsity Tutors

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Varsity Tutors

Interview

The interview was a one-way interview that asked questions, gave a few minutes to think about the questions, and then you recorded a response. This was easy to use and very convenient.

Interview Questions
  • What is your experience? What subjects and grades have you taught?
1 person found this interview helpful

Technical Account Manager

64 Comments

Join the conversation on

Varsity Tutors

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Varsity Tutors in Sep 2022

Interview

All online. Interview performed through prerecorded videos. Did not talk to one live person prior to getting an offer. Required to perform a 10 minute mock lesson. Whole thing took about 20 minutes.

Interview Questions
  • How does age affect your teaching style
1 person found this interview helpful

Varsity Tutors

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Varsity Tutors in Aug 2022

Interview

Very fair video interview and test. The questions were appropriate and pertinent to the interview. The test was a little weird but not out of the ordinary. I like the video interview because it is the same for all candidates.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Varsity Tutors

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Varsity Tutors in Aug 2022

Interview

Questions are posed in video format, you have a couple of minutes to think of the response and then you record your video response. There were 3 or 4 short form questions and then one long form one where the response was 10 minutes long! Pretend you're talking to someone on the other side of the camera and look right into the lens. I got a call two days later to say I passed the interview process and a contract will be sent soon.

Interview Questions
  • Your background that makes you the right fit for the job, why you're interested, what ages and subjects you like to teach.

Varsity Tutors

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Varsity Tutors

Interview

Filled out the app online. Completed a prerecorded video interview. Was given two chances to record each answer. They followed up about 4 days later with a phone interview with a recruiter. It lasted about 15-20 minutes and was pretty casual. About a week later I was given the offer. Training began a month later and was paid at the $18/hour rate, and it lasted a week. Pros: - quick process - casual interview Cons: - long time before starting

Interview Questions
3 people found this interview helpful

Varsity Tutors

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Varsity Tutors

Interview

The interview process was very casual to, at times, unprofessional. Interviewers were unprepared and did not have a clear vision for the roles and responsibilities or goals. I did not receive a job description that accurately described the role. The recruiter gave wrong information, and for an education company, emails from the recruiter had many grammar mistakes. Out of the three interviewers, only one seemed to genuinely care about the future of the company. It was the worst interview experience in my 20+ year career.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in American Fork, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Varsity Tutors (American Fork, UT)

Interview

Initial interview was done thru Hirevue. It was a virtual interview, with pre-recorded video questions. Unlimited time was allowed to prep for responses and two attempts were allowed to record them. After submitting video responses I completed a personality test. A phone interview was scheduled later and an offer was made shortly after.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Varsity Tutors (Ottawa, ON) in Jul 2022

Interview

Recorded interview that provided a lot of time to practice. Questions pertaining to personal experience as well as teaching experience. A lesson plan was needed to be made during the interview and performed for the video.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Cornwall on Hudson, NY

Application

I interviewed at Varsity Tutors (Cornwall on Hudson, NY)

Interview

Easy interview process with two or more parts, video demonstration and prompt before answering. Have two attempts per response. One ten minutes mock tutoring session for the subject you have chosen.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 663 Interviews

Varsity Tutors Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Varsity Tutors as 71.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.51 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Math Tutor and Tutor rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Private Tutor and Academic Tutor roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Varsity Tutors takes an average of 11 days when considering 689 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Academic Tutor had the quickest hiring process (on average 6 days), whereas Math Tutor roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 11 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Varsity Tutors according to 689 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 28.17%