Veeva Systems Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Veeva Systems Interview Questions

Updated Jun 11, 2017

2.7

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Veeva Systems.

Interview

Called for phone screening, I did very badly. But they only asked the typical questions like strength/weakness, what i expect from the job, etc. Did not last long enough to get to technical questions.

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Veeva Systems (Pleasanton, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

I interviewed from New York, for a position in California. The process was very quick. They could usually get back to me within the week of the interview. I interviewed for the UI team, so the process might be different from other teams. First, the hiring manager called me to chat with me and asked me some questions on JavaScript. Then I had two phone screens where I code in collaborative codepen. Finally they flew me over to west coast and had an onsite interview from 10 to 4 (again, different team does differently). On the onsite, I meet with many members of the team (their philosophy was to let interviewee meet as many future coworkers as possible), they each interviewed me for a different areas including skill, cultural fit, etc.

Interview Questions

• 1. implement array.prototype.map
      2. implement _.debounce from lodash (given the description of what this function does)
      3. use any framework, implement a multi tab view in codepen
      4. use any framework, implement a select element with basic filtering based on user input

behavior:
      1. How did you find out this position
      2. Why do you want to work for veeva
      Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Veeva Systems.

Interview

I applied through their website and I was reached out by one of their HR in two weeks. However, they asked me about my current status at U.S. Since they did not sponsor visa currently. I was not selected for the rest of the interview.

Data Steward Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartsville, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Veeva Systems (Hartsville, SC) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview process overall was okay but it was very tedious. The process started with the initial 20 minute phone interview and then three more interviews online with various supervisors for the specific roles.

The phone interview was very basic. I was asked general questions about my job history and accomplishments on each job. The phone interview also consisted of general information about the role itself and what they were looking for in a general candidate.

The second interview was online through their zoom meeting application. I met with one of the managers and it consisted of talking about your job history in specific details like what did you do over the years, how many years of experience you had up until a certain point and why you would be a great fit for the role.

The third interview was similar to the second but it focused more on company culture and your specific preferences in what you look for in a company. It was pretty cut and dry and you got a good feel about what the company expects from their employees and their vision statement.

The last interview was difficult. You had to explain the candidate exercise and how you went about completing it. I interviewed with three managers but only two participated. It was quick and this was the deciding interview on whether or not you got the job.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question was how to explain the candidate exercise. Overall it was pretty confusing to figure out what they wanted and how you got the information. I didn't think it was fair that this was the sole deciding factor to get the job when everything went well up until that point.   Answer Question

Principal Front-End Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Veeva Systems (Pleasanton, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Interview process is good. But hiring process is not good.
    Don't know why they continued with further rounds when they knew that they cannot match the expected salary.
    Apart from technical questions, they focused on cultural questions too, that shows how Veeva wants to build good team.

Interview Questions

• It's a puzzle. by removing 3 lines make 5 equal size of squares... like that.   Answer Question

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Veeva Systems (Pleasanton, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Disorganized recruiting process. HR was not involved at all and hiring manager has to coordinate interviews. Showed up on-site, with no prior information on who is on the interview schedule, format and duration. Chose not to involve development in the interview process, which is odd since product manager is supposed to work closely with development. Clarified how product manager is measured with VP. They explained they have a huge team of product managers since each product manager will interface closely with 2 - 3 key accounts. They don't appear to move very fast since "CRM is large and complicated" but is trying to transition to agile. This is an internally focused product management position. Product manager is measured by the number of features delivered instead of product revenue. Most product managers have been in the company for a while, and never held product management positions elsewhere so they have a certain way of doing things. I have similar experience like others where one of the interviewers asked me directly the names of managers in the last 2 companies, and wanted to know if he can contact them. I was surprised since I never had anybody asked me that information unless it is for reference check.

Interview Questions

• Redesign a feature that user does not find useful with minimal information provided.   Answer Question

UI Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Veeva Systems in March 2017.

Interview

I skipped the behavioral interview because I was referred. The first step for me was a technical screen over the phone where I answered a lot of questions about Flexbox and Redux. I had to give very specific answers. The next step was technical coding challenge where I had to make a React Component on CodePen. The interviewer was very friendly and super helpful.

Interview Questions

• What are some pros and cons of flexbox and the grid system?   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Veeva Systems.

Interview

Waste of time! I interviewed with 5 people, all went great, nailed the exercise (which took a while to do and prepare). They had a get to know me call with another executive after b/c it went so well. The woman then mentioned that they definitely want to move forward, just asked for references, which they never called. She then went completely silent. I called and she said they had a change in hiring needs and to follow up with her in a month. I did and she never wrote back.
    What a terrible company to waste people's time and not even have the decency to call people back who they basically told they had the job, especially after spending all the time on the presentation and exercise.

Associate Software Engineer (New Grad) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Veeva Systems (Pleasanton, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online after seeing a new grad position on linkedin around end of Jan. After a while, was approached by a recruiter (Ashley, who's wonderful). Then set up a phone interview, which was 90 minutes, to talk about experience, some technical questions, and two coding problems. After that, invited to an on-site day, which consisted of 4 interviews with various engineering and senior people and lunch with two other associate SWEs. A few days after that, asked to set up a phone call and was told they didn't want to continue. Think the thing that screwed me was the unit test/debugging section, which was unexpected and based on their actual code (which obviously you haven't seen before).

Interview Questions

• Phone interview:
      1. given 2 Lists, find the similar elements and print them as a new list
      2. determine whether two strings are anagrams
      3. Classes and OOP (constructors, static methods/vars, stuff like that)
      4. SQL and RDBM questions
      On-site:
      5. What is a hastable, how does it work, time complexity, etc
      6. use two stacks to make a queue
      7. java garbage collection
      8. debugging unit tests
      1 Answer

Front End Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Veeva Systems in February 2017.

Interview

Chat with Hiring manager asked basic JS questions. I made sure that my requirement is to file for Green Card immediately.

I was invited to onsite. Everything went great. Engineers focused on "trick" Javascript questions rather than concepts. But nothing too hard.

I got a response everything is good and they want to move forward. Hiring manager found out he only can file Green card after 1 year.

I mentioned it's important for me but its not deal breaker. So he proceed with offer and gave salary numbers which are 3% higher than my current salary. I mentioned there is year end and I am going to get 3% raise in 1 month.

He said thats the best they can do and they were proud of these numbers lol. I felt like I wasted hours of my time as I mentioned my current salary and Green card requirement from beginning.

This give me a really good early indication to stay away from this company.

Interview Questions

• What is closure, output of JS code. Engineer was searching for code online while writing these questions on piece of paper lol.

When I asked few question on his question he got confused and said he is not sure..haha :P
      Answer Question