Veeva Systems Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Veeva Systems Interview Questions

Interviews at Veeva Systems

2.9

Sort:

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Veeva Systems.

Interview

Lots of one on one interviews via phone and skype, candidate exercise to assess critical thinking and problem solving skills. There isn't a lot of pressure during the interviews, the real challenge is reserved for the exercise. The interviews are meant to feel you out and ensure you're a fit for their environment.

Interview Questions

• Be ready to answer some questions about your exercise you hadn't considered.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations, solid offer.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Veeva Systems.

Interview

There's a phone call, a Skype or in-person interview, a case exercise (expect to take 15-20 hours on this), meeting with another manager, and a fifth interview. Takes awhile to go through the whole process. Overall, it was pretty intensive, especially the case exercise. They present an issue and you have to learn how to use their system and configure a solution with it. It seemed like they had to go through the process even though I could tell from the beginning that it was going well and I would get hired. Best way in is to get an employee referral.

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Veeva Systems in September 2015.

Interview

Brief behavioral interview followed by in-depth case and additional behavioral interview with another consultant. Case is challenging and they give you one week to create something formal then present it to a senior consultant and 2 team members. After that you wait a week and they give you the ol' ye or neigh

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you failed, can you tell me more about ___ experience? What did you learn?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Veeva Systems.

Interview

There's a phone interview to start where you get acquainted with another consultant. They want to learn about your personality and if you are a fit with Veeva's culture. Then, you take part in a case study interview in which you are given a case and software to use to create a solution and present to a board of consultants. This is the most difficult, yet most rewarding experience of the interview process. Then, if you make it through this piece, you take part in a few more phone interviews to get better acquainted with other employees/management. Overall, an enjoyable and challenging experience that does a great job examining whether you are a good fit.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared to address questions about your case study solutions you haven't thought about or don't know the exact answer to.   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Veeva Systems.

Interview

Interview process included a quick phone screening interview with very basic questions asked of what you are interested in and why to make sure you can move to the next step. Next step included being asked to do a case study using Salesforce, which was quite difficult given the limited information on the case and having no background knowledge on Salesforce. Was asked to present this case in front of a panel.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Veeva Systems (Pleasanton, CA) in December 2017.

Interview

Lengthy process. Took about a month and half for me. As it's already been said, you start off with a behavioral interview, then move onto the case study. Final interview is with a manager you would work with if offered the job. Unfortunate that the interview process is so long and didn't get an offer, so be prepared for that.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Veeva Systems (Philadelphia, PA) in January 2017.

Interview

I had a drawn out and strange experience here which was essentially a huge waste of time. They took ~4 weeks to get back to me after each of the first two phone interviews, but seemed very eager to hire me at each point of contact. After ~5 phone interviews, including the case presentation, we set up a date for the final interview. A few days before, I got an automated email saying that they were no longer interested in me. I waited a day or two before reaching out to the HR woman I had been coordinating with (after months of interviewing me she couldn't reach out?) and was told they decided to go with a more technical candidate. I was never asked any questions about technical skills, so make sure to bring them up. Looking back after going through a fair amount of other companies' interview processes, their communication was sporadic and interviewers didn't feel cohesive. I was also not invited to an office location at any time, though I asked to be, so didn't know what the culture or environment was like which was a huge turn off.

Interview Questions

• Basic behavioral questions, lots of teamwork/communication questions   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Veeva Systems (New York, NY).

Interview

Case study as mentioned by everyone. It is not an exercise to pick your brain, whatever you developed they can develop better. It is just an exercise to see if you can familiarise yourself with Salesforce as the products are built on the platform. 2 more sessions of face to face interview after case study presentation.

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Veeva Systems (Indianapolis, IN) in April 2018.

Interview

1. Employee referral, they forwarded my resume to the practice manager for new grads
    2. Got an email day later asking for a 30 minute video call with HR
    3. Scheduled my own video call with HR using a Calendly link
    4. Call went well, asked to do the candidate exercise. Scheduled a week out and was sent the case study exactly 7 days before my presentation to just one person over video call.
    5. Liked the case study, and seemed they wanted to hire after that. Asked for me to schedule a call with the VP of commercial and schedule a peer interview with someone that is an associate consultant currently.
    6. Had another interview to review benefits with someone else, and had the call with VP and peer interview all in the same week. Offer by Friday.
    7. Whole process was fast and took a little over two and a half weeks. Exercise took the most of that time.

**The exercise is the biggest factor and is make or break, they want to see if you can handle the pressure of working from home. Stick it out and dont give up. Be humble and explain how you solved the. It is not ultimately what you come up with....but how you got the answer.**

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Veeva Systems in February 2018.

Interview

Met with 6 people over about 4 months. All are basic, qualitative interviews besides the case exercise. Extremely disorganized and poorly thought out interview process. After 8 interviews I received a template email 'thanking me for applying, but unfortunately my resume was not a match'. Any company that can string someone along through 8 interviews and then not even have the courtesy to send a personalized rejection email is a company not worth working for.