Venafi Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 3, 2016

3.3

Field Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Venafi (Salt Lake City, UT) in September 2016.

Interview

My resume was passed without my knowledge to Venafi a contact made through networking. I received an email in error from Venafi that caused me to make a call to their HR department as I was quite confused. I was answered promptly and helpfully by a member of the HR team and told that I was a candidate for the position. I received a call a few days later and had a very quick, first interview. The process took over 6 weeks and involved 8 interviews (7 of them by phone including the first one). I really enjoyed everyone who I "met" and was very excited by the prospect of the job. I was very disappointed when I was not the successful candidate but would still describe it as a very positive experience - just be prepared for it to take a bit of time.

Interview Questions

• Questions varied with the person depending upon our potential interactions in fulfillment of my duties.   Answer Question

Information Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Venafi (Salt Lake City, UT) in January 2016.

Interview

Process moved quickly. Had one phone interview and then 4 hour-long interviews (all the same day) at the Salt Lake City office location. I met with people in the related departments, people who would be on my team, and two managers up the chain. Everybody was super nice and the time went quickly.

Interview Questions

• How do you work with somebody on your team who isn't giving you the information that you need?   1 Answer

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Venafi (Salt Lake City, UT) in January 2016.

Interview

I had a several hour in-person interview in the Salt Lake office where I met with the hiring manager, his manager, and his manager, as well as functional team leads related to the role, and other employees on the team I'd be working on. The questions were all relevant (nothing off the wall or unexpected), and gave me a good chance to highlight my skills and experience, and why I thought they would be beneficial for Venafi.

Interview Questions

• How would you manage a large document set (1500+ topics) with more than 10 deliverables to ensure best-practice use of singe-source authoring using MadCap Flare.   Answer Question

Security Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Venafi (Salt Lake City, UT) in December 2015.

Interview

First phone interview screen then in person with the Customer Service Team, Director, and VP. Communication throughout the process was exceptional. I knew status and next steps. The team and director dug into how well I knew various PKI topics and SQL queries. VP's interview was gauging cultural and personality fit.

Interview Questions

• They asked me technical questions based on my resume to determine the depth of skills in the various areas. Knowledge of PKI and SQL was a common theme throughout the different interviewers.   1 Answer

Inside Sales Representative (Account Executive) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Venafi (Salt Lake City, UT) in July 2015.

Interview

Was initially contacted by a recruiter after submitting my resume. I was referred by an existing employee.

After an initial phone conversation with recruiter I was then referred to the hiring manager and had a phone interview with him a couple days later.

This was then followed by in person interviews where I spent 5 hours interviewing with every executive in the company. VP of Finance, VP of Legal, VP of Sales, VP of Client services, etc. All in succession.

This was then followed by an in person sales presentation with all of the same people present along with a couple of sales reps.

Then a phone interview with the outside sales rep that I would be working with.

After all of this they didn't even bother to respond to any of my follow-up emails, requests for next steps, and phone calls. After 3 weeks of silence the same recruiter finally bothered to call me and let me know that they hired for the position already.

They had no respect, no common courtesy, no professionalism.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest weakness?   Answer Question
    • What is your biggest strength?   Answer Question
    • describe one of your large deals in detail. How did you find the deal? who did you work with? What challenges did you run into?   Answer Question

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Venafi (Atlanta, GA) in June 2015.

Interview

I had 4 interviews in total. All via phone and 1 face-to-face. There was a quick phone screening interview. Then a face-to-face with the person I would be working with daily. From there, the rest where phone interviews.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Venafi and how can your skills help based on what you think we do?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation phase was quick. It was one phone call. We discussed what was needed for me to sign and they made the offer based on that conversation. So, when the offer came, it was exactly as expected.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Venafi.

Interview

Regular interview process. 5x45 min. One of interviews was taken by skype.
    Candidates beware! They interviewed me more than 40 days ago and I'm still having no reply from them. This is disrespect.

Interview Questions

• Implement public static <T> Iterator<T> flatten(final Iterator<Iterator<T>> it)   Answer Question

Senior Account Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Venafi (Salt Lake City, UT) in January 2015.

Interview

A few phone interviews, followed by an on-site at HQ with privates sessions with all exec leadership. Part of the process was a presentation and role-play. Very straight forward - no surprises and full transparency on next steps.

Interview Questions

• To provide a presentation.   1 Answer

Senior Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Venafi in August 2013.

Interview

Hiring process was very straight forward. Nothing special. First phone screen, then either skype interview or face-to-face with engineers not from your team. It depends where you are. After that, VP interview and offer if it goes well

Interview Questions

• I was asked very simple questions regarding my experience and some exercises for coding and design.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sandy, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Venafi (Sandy, UT) in February 2012.

Interview

Interviewed with head of engineering for one hour. His questions were theory/personality/coding based. Built instant report. He was extremely personable and friendly yet frank and honest. After that interview he had me interview with two engineers from the department. They asked very in-depth questions based on C# and JavaScript and had me write some code in both languages that solved certain problems. Both were extremely skilled and knowledgeable, yet came across as friendly and personable. I was invited to interview with the executive staff several weeks later. These interviews were much more about personality, cultural fit, type questions. All of them were very engaging, passionate individuals and extremely good at their respective jobs. They were also much tougher on my resume and were more difficult to read. I was then invited back to interview with the CEO. This was the highlight of the interviewing process. He was relaxed and comfortable and was far more interested in me as a person than about my skill-set. He helped educate me on why I would want to work for Venafi. Overall, fantastic process!

Interview Questions

• Suppose a blind person came to you and asked you to build a spice rack for you, how would you proceed?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Fairly straight forward.