Verizon Telematics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Verizon Telematics Interview Questions

Updated Aug 16, 2017

Installation Scheduler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon Telematics (Waltham, MA) in August 2017.

Interview

I was brought in and the first thing I was asked to describe myself non-work related. I was then asked quite a few questions. I was then told about the job and what it entails. I then asked a few questions. Overall, I believe it was a good interview.

Interview Questions

• I was asked why I am leaving the job I have and what interested me about Verizon Telematics.   1 Answer

Research Interview

Interview

The HR recruiter was rather unprofessional - frequently scheduling interviews without checking my availability first and doing so the day of or the day before. When trying to work with them, there was no resolution, but rather I was dropped from the process, which frankly I was okay with, if it was any indicator of how the company runs things.

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Solon, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon Telematics (Solon, OH) in May 2017.

Interview

I had a four step interview process. First was with the talent acquisition person who who given some technical questions to ask me over the phone.
    Then a senior engineer arranged for a second interview over the phone, and followed it up with an in-person interview where the two engineers asked me very technical questions regarding L2 and L3 technologies (Switching and Routing).
    Then a fourth interview with my manager which was not a technical one but to assess my skills.

Interview Questions

• 1. What is the technology behind Spanning-Tree Protocol
      2. What new technology is making STP look old?   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Telematics in February 2017.

Interview

This has been the most professional, well-managed, and enjoyable interview experience I've had in many years. From the easy of submitting my online profile, to the communication with recruiter, to the experience with the hiring manager -- I was/am very impressed.

After submitting online profile, I heard from and spoke with recruiter over the phone. The following four-ish weeks consisted of a handful of phone conversations with hiring manager and other people on the team as well as one on-site interview. The entire time I was continually updated on the status, next steps, and anticipated timeline.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Verizon Telematics?   1 Answer

Business Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon Telematics (Tampa, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

I walked into the office. It was very clear that everyone was working hard but the people felt enthusiastic and friendly. My interview went well, the manager I interviewed with was genuine, explained the job very well and explained the culture and opportunity very well.
    The interview process felt like a legitimate conversation in what I wanted for a career, what skills and work ethic I had. It did not feel like a screening and did not feel awkward.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking for an opportunity with fleetmatics?   Answer Question

Product Owner Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Verizon Telematics.

Interview

I applied for a Product Owner role with Verizon Telematics in mid-December. I received a call from an internal recruiter approximately 3 weeks later asking if she could schedule a time for me to speak with the hiring manager the next day. The initial call with the recruiter was great and she gave me some great tips for a successful call with the hiring manager. Salary expectations were discussed during the initial call, although I do not like discussing until an offer is even made. The phone interview with the hiring manager last 30+ minutes. It was very laid back (likely because of his style). No tricky questions were asked, very conversational. I followed-up with the recruiter after the call and was told they'd get back to me by Friday of that week. Due to weather issues and the recruiter being sick, I didn't hear back until the following Tuesday. I was asked to come in for a face-to-face interview on Thursday. Unfortunately, I was diagnosed with pink eye Wednesday evening. Given how highly contagious pink eye is, I was forced to cancel my interview. I emailed both the hiring manager and recruiter what was going on and told them I'd be willing to do a video call, but recognized that they likely wanted to meet me in person. That email was sent around 6am that morning. Sadly, I never received a response from either person.... which I found extremely unprofessional.

Service Desk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Verizon Telematics (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Not truthful, I was not told about alot of things that the job entailed. I was not given the right name for the position. They told me there would be training and there was not..

Purchasing Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Verizon Telematics (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

This manager moves very quickly. One of the fastest processes I have ever had, which is appreciated. Quick, straight forward and very well handled. Great people and easy to work with.

Performance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Telematics (Atlanta, GA) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview was scheduled and the first round was cleared. People at the other end were very happy with my performance so they told me to have another round of Skype interview which was to be next week.

I waited till the date and just hours before the interview I got 2 calls. One from the interviewer stating "We have an internal meeting so can we have it reschedule after an hour" to which my answer was yes.

The second call I got from the recruiter at the same time stating that the position has been filled internally so we cannot take it forward, to which I explain the discussion which I had with the interviewer just before this call.

I was not sure if the interview will happen or not but finally the Skype call came at the rescheduled time and I was interviewed for 45 mins. Again the interviewer were happy with the performance and told that we want you on board but due to some architect unavailability one more round will be conducted, to which I agreed.

After this I never heard from the interviewer. I followed up with the recruiter and he also told that he do not have any updates on it.

My question to the company is that if already the position was filled why was I interviewed again. Even so interviewed again why was i told that the company want my experience and I can add value to the company.
    Finally no one have the curtsy to tell me what happened. I am ok with not selecting me but if things were already decided why to keep others in dark.
    Very-very much disappointed by the way the whole process took place.

Interview Questions

• Performance Engineering troubleshooting   1 Answer

Performance Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Verizon Telematics in August 2016.

Interview

Very-very much disappointed by the way the whole process took place.