Versa Networks Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Versa Networks Interview Questions

Interviews at Versa Networks

3.2

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Versa Networks.

Interview

Concentrate on Core networking knowledge. also need to be well versed with scripting languages like Python. data structures and algorithms. linux administration. The entire process is very smooth. if you are good at what you do, you are sure to get an offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Versa Networks (San Jose, CA) in June 2018.

Interview

Worst experience ever. The company needs to learn first of all how to conduct interviews professionally.

They gave me a call for a job description I was interested in but interviewed me for a totally different team.

None of the interviewers were prepared for the interview and one of then was searching for questions on the Internet in front of me.No coordination at all between the interviewers.

When the interviews got over the guy who scheduled my interview tells me to come again after brushing up concepts for the technologies mentioned in the job description I didn't even apply for and was neither interested at all.

This was a complete waste of time. The way they conducted the whole process shows how disorganized their internal processes might be.

Interview Questions

• The technical questions were very easy and didn't require any algorithmic knowledge just basic logic.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Versa Networks.

Interview

One of the worst interview experience ever.

I was reached out by one of engineers working there and we scheduled a telephonic interview. Interview was good and we had lot of discussion regarding my work and OS concepts (thread, locks, mutex etc). Then there was no communication from their side for more than a week. I sent a mail asking about feedback, upon which the manager told I have qualified for further rounds.
    He wanted to schedule 3 more telephonic interviews one after another. So, I took out time from my work and kept 3 hours for this interview and we mutually agreed for a day. I didn't receive any call from their side on scheduled time. So, after half an hour passed from scheduled time, I sent a mail to manager asking about it. He replied that "he forgot to tell people to interview me". Unbelievable and very unprofessional

Then, he asked for another day with 3 hour slot and I did provide him another date. He again forgot to schedule my interview. So, I sent him a mail for reminding that. Then, finally I received invite for interviews. I got interviewed by their engineers and they told that they would reach out with feedback in few days.

It's been more than a month now and I haven't received any feedback from their side.
    This time, even i haven't mailed them as the management seems very unprofessional there.

So, I feel this was a waste of my time and it gives an idea of how management would be there. I would rather not work with such company.

Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Versa Networks (Santa Clara, CA) in October 2018.

Interview

I applied online and was reached out by the director next day and was invited onsite. I had around 6 onsite technical interviews. The interviews were very long and lasted from afternoon until late evening. The interviews were highly technical. I was disappointed with the last interview since it was not on the schedule and i was already exhausted. Also, the interviewer was rude and tested my patience.

I received the feedback in 3 days and was invited to have a chat with one of the founders. He sounded like he was doing me a favor by offering me a job. I was not at all comfortable throughout the process and hence declined the offer. Dont expect professionalism from these guys.

Software Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Versa Networks.

Interview

Had to be delayed as hiring manager was not available for a week.
    Interview taken by one of the engineers working there
    Phone Interview
    Real time coding
    Simple questions based on resume
    Prepare basics well

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Versa Networks (San Jose, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

The position was for Python developers.They wanted interns who had basic information about Python.All the question were regarding Python and networking field.The questions were average and regarding Python only.,jvjvhmvb mghfkhgc nmgdfhdtkdcmhtgchtdhtmdcmjngc

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Versa Networks.

Interview

Had a initial phone screen after which they called me for a on site interview. They asked basic core java and algorithm questions. When the recruiter asked for feedback, they never responded properly. They dont have any HR. It's a total waste of time

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Versa Networks (San Jose, CA) in December 2017.

Interview

online coding before onsite 5 rounds of interview and asked about networks drivers pkt processing concept , platform /processors and io cycles for 1 million pkts/sec and io virtualization vs network virtualization , dpdk and ipsec

Interview Questions

• networks drivers pkt processing concept , platform /processors and io cycles for 1 million pkts/sec and io virtualization vs network virtualization , dpdk and ipsec   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Versa Networks.

Interview

Interview process was 5 hours onsite interview first with the members of technical team, and then followed by another set of engineers in the panel style asking technical questions on layer 4 to layer 1 of the OSI model. Emphasis was on understanding the reasoning for every answer. Also, time to time it was checked if candidate is confident on the answer or not.

Interview Questions

• BGP, OSPF, DHCP, L3VPN, Hub and Spoke   1 Answer

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Versa Networks (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Applied online. Got call from the hiring manager. Went on-site to meet both the founders. One of them was rude and arrogant, while other one was much more down to earth. In between the interviews to fill up time, they sent a software engineer to ask questions, who didn't even know what role I am applying for. None of them had read the resume ahead of time.

Overall based on the interview process and talking to interviewers, I had made up mind not to join the company.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions on OSPF, BGP, firewalls, encryption algorithems etc..   Answer Question