Versa Networks Reviews

3.9
Versa Networks CEO Kelly Ahuja
Kelly Ahuja
1 Rating
Pros
  • "Excellent Work on SDWAN & SD-Security Technology(in 5 reviews)

• "Excellent work environment with great benefits(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  1. "Challenging vendor in the SDWAN and Security world. Definitely making a big noise in the industry. Lot more to come!"

Former Employee - Engineer in San Jose, CA

I worked at Versa Networks full-time for less than a year

Pros

First things first, from a technology point of view it is super competitive here in this industry. A lot of vendors in the same ballpark, it takes enough efforts to make a footprint on multiple technologies to cover it up. I believe Versa is definitely one of them thriving to make those efforts in the field of SD-WAN, SD-Access, SD-Branch, SD security that obviously made a huge difference to shake up the WAN market. The funny part is there is more to come, not stopping anytime soon. Keep an eye. From the corporate culture point of view, it is a fast pace environment with a strong and core development team building phenomenal products. Not easy for everyone to fit in. If you want a comfort zone, this ain't a place you should look forward to. They are in competing for mode, they are accelerating. So definitely, it is expected to put your time on the line, skills on the line and obviously you will be rewarded for your work. Do not expect spoon-feeding, an absolute structure, since it is a startup mode, things get really on the fly, something you should be aware of it because this is in a building phase, not 10k employees company to afford the structure in the organization. You have to roll up your sleeves and jump into the fire. There is a saying " Get sh**done" and it absolutely fits in. Financially, you will be rewarded, I see no second thought on that. Totally up to the market salary. Growth, I would say really depends on who you put in your vision? How you find a path to hit your vision? It is super challenging and it really boils down to who you work with and what you work on. It is totally depending on the people around you. This is pretty common wherever we go. So good luck with that. Hopefully, this gives a better understanding. Overall I would say it's good. Make sure what you want, where you be going to at the time of the interview itself. Good luck!

Cons

Honestly, no place is perfect so I don't like to pen down too many negative things here. Go with a flow. If you don't like to be part of it then the best thing is to move on.

Versa Networks2020-01-24
  2. "Awesome organization to work for"

4.0
    Current Employee - Cyber Security Analyst in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Versa Networks full-time for more than a year

Pros

Highly technical people with whom you share your experience and match your skills. No hierarchical structure to follow Easy to present your ideas to management. Payscale..:)

Cons

Every company has some, but better to look at pros than cons.

Versa Networks2019-07-23

"Good company to learn"

Current Employee - Software Engineer(Internship) in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Versa Networks part-time for less than a year

Pros

Mentors provide very well support for interns, Good company to learn innovative technology like SD-WAN, Competitive Salary, Free lunch on two days a week

Cons

Not such cons to mention

Versa Networks2019-04-08

"Just another networking company"

2.0
    Former Employee - Senior Front End Developer in San Jose, CA

I worked at Versa Networks full-time for less than a year

Pros

Free lunch Fridays. If you are from India you may like working here

Cons

Very flat organizational structure with no middle management. No team manager, not employee development, no structure.

Versa Networks2019-04-04

"Terrible place to work, lack of professionalism"

1.0
    Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at Versa Networks full-time

Pros

SDWAN is an upcoming technology and a good space to be in. You can benefit from interacting with the right people

Cons

1. Politics is rampant. Performance is gauged by the number of hours put in, not by the quality of work delivered. 2. Chaotic work environment, people tirelessly work in circles and get very little productive work done. 3. No performance appraisals. 4. Lack of professionalism in the way employees are treated. 5. Knowledge is in the hands of few who misuse it to become powerful.

Versa Networks2019-04-13

"Solutions Support Engineer"

I have been working at Versa Networks full-time for less than a year

Pros

Exposure to new technology Rich feature set Cooperative colleagues Good and reachable Management

Cons

Expensive health insurance Bad 401k Only 10 PTO’s per year

Versa Networks2018-08-17
  7. "software engineer"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Versa Networks full-time for more than a year

Pros

Best startup company in sd-wan. Top management is focused and friendly, co-workers are always eady to help.

Cons

Compared to Flag company, sometime it is long hours but acceptable.

Versa Networks2018-07-23

"Software Test Engineer"

Current Employee - Software Test Engineer in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Versa Networks full-time for less than a year

Pros

1. Excellent Work on SDWAN & SD-Security Technology. Feature rich solution! 2. Talented and focussed engineering team 3. Good stock options & compensation package 4. Friendly environment. You can approach Kumar, Kelly & Apurva anytime you want! They're very frank and down to earth to approach. 5. Nice office place I joined Versa less than an year ago. Intially, I did get spooked by the reviews on Glassdoor. I still joined Versa. Now, several months down the line, I'm glad that I made the right decision and joined Versa. Believe me, reviews don't tell you the true story always. The product is going excellent and so is the company!

Cons

1. Health plan is costly for a family. 2. Now that the team is growing there should be a proper HR personnel 3. No free daily lunch, just Tuesday & Friday

Versa Networks2018-02-03
  9. "Software Engineer Intern"

I have been working at Versa Networks part-time

Pros

Good Work. As a beginner you learn a lot

Cons

You need to be pretty fast in the work provided

Versa Networks2017-10-25

"Best place to work/contribute and learn"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Versa Networks full-time for more than a year

Pros

- If an individual is good and interested, he/she can contribute and learn many things(got opportunity to work on many things in this company compared to any previous work places) - one of the best SDWAN and NFV solution available in market(Customers told this info who evaluated other vendors) - Founders are excellent in both technical and managing company. - one of the best engineering team. Any new complicated feature would be implemented, tested and delivered in couple days. Any bug would(no matter how complex is bug) would be fixed in hours. - very comprehensive solution with SDWAN, Analytics, Orchestrator, uCPE and SD-Security. No other vendor has such solution in the market. - Flat hierarchy. Everybody codes including director of engineering. Finally, if someone wants to contribute and learn SDWAN, SD-Security, vCPE, virtualization etc, this is one of the good place. If some one who runs away from work and does not take responsibility, it will be tough place.

Cons

Personally, I have not come across any cons in my last 2 years. Of course there is no work place in this world where all the employees are super happy about employer. Before joining this company, I was worried after looking to negative comments in glassdoor but my friend who was already working in versa assured me they are not true. I agree with him after working for 2 years, most of the negative comments are not true.

Versa Networks2017-04-12