Vertafore Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 18, 2017

2.7

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Interview

I applied for one of the software developer positions in Denver where they will train you in Java for three months. I did this at a job fair where they gave all applicants a proctored aptitude/IQ test, and afterwards promised to send us email links to the personality test (a mandatory part of their application) to take at home. A few days passed and my colleagues who also attended the job fair got their links but I didn't get mine. So I called and the recruiter and she said she couldn't find my test and would look into it. A week later when I didn't hear back I emailed her and got no response. A couple of weeks after that I got through on the phone and the recruiter told me that I got a high score on the aptitude test and at that point (because evidently she was not going to voluntarily send me the link to the personality test without me prodding) she sent me the link to the test right away and said I would hear back in a couple of days. Given the problems I seemed to have during the application process it was of no surprise that the recruiter very quickly wrote to me less than twenty-four hours later to let me know my application had been unsuccessful.

My resume is very relevant and considering I scored well in their aptitude test and am intelligent enough to select the "correct" answers in the personality test I would have thought that this might at least earn me an interview. They ask your age and race at the beginning of the both aptitude and personality tests, and it's visually obvious I'm a 40 something minority female, and I strongly suspect this is why my application was such a negative experience.

Interview Questions

• Aptitude test included working out geometric patterns and sequences   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Vertafore (Denver, CO).

Interview

First you take an online questionnaire, then do a video interview where you re-do the test. Then some people are selected to go to the interview in-person. The process can take at least a month. Everyone was friendly.

Interview Questions

• Personality test of problem solving and patterns. Whiteboarding questions as well.   Answer Question

Systems Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vertafore.

Interview

The interview process was one of the most impersonal I have encountered in a long time.
    I submitted an application and was contacted for an initial interview. I got a link to a test (Wunderlic, I think). The first test was a waste as I was required to retake it with my video cam on and a recruiter present. I passed the phone screen interview and the recruiter recruiter said he would pass on the information to the hiring manager and get back to me in a week. I sent a standard thank you note. Two weeks go by and silence. It took more than an hour to find a way to contact the recruiter by phone. Not even a simple followup. It was like pulling teeth.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Vertafore.

Interview

The technical talent acquisition team in Denver is completely incompetent, and I would recommend that candidates avoid wasting time with them.

They asked me to do not 1 but 2 IQ tests that had nothing to do with software engineering. The first one is on-your-own and the second one is while a recruiter virtually and silently watches you. It is uncomfortable and seems pointless. I was told I'd get feedback after the second test, but never heard from anyone.

A month later, someone approached me on LinkedIn and asked if I was interested in an opportunity with Vertafore. I explained what I had already done, and the person simply ignored me after that.

Ignoring and disrespecting candidates seems to be a common practice for this company.

QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Vertafore (Denver, CO) in July 2017.

Interview

Interesting - not necessarily negative, but be prepared to hurry up and wait. I submitted my application the 3rd week of May. 24 hours later, I received an email asking me to take a personality and aptitude test (pretty sure it was the Wonderlic test, which is used by a lot of other companies, too). I then heard nothing for three weeks, when a recruiter reached out to me on LinkedIn asking if I would be interested in applying for a QA job at Vertafore. I sent her a quick email back explaining I had already applied and taken the personality test but heard nothing back. Less than 48 hours later, I was scheduled for a video interview with her. The video interview was pretty simple - same test again and a nice chat about the company, the team, etc. Was I thrilled about taking the same test again? Not really, but it was no big deal, and the recruiter and I had a few laughs about it. I then had a phone interview with the hiring manager the next day, and that was a really positive conversation. We didn't just discuss my qualifications, but we talked a lot about what I would call cultural fit. There was no question I would be a good cultural fit there. The manager explained that the recruiter would call to schedule my in-person interview soon. He did about a week later. So, what happened and why no offer? I actually received an offer from another company I was also interviewing with before we could meet for an in-person. I think if Vertafore hadn't lost my application in a black hole back in May, I would have made it through the process faster, and maybe I would be an employee here. They were simply too slow with their process.

Interview Questions

• A lot of cultural fit questions - how would you handle conflict, competing priorities, etc.   1 Answer

Software Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vertafore (Atlanta, GA) in June 2017.

Interview

Vertafore sends an email asking you to take this "IQ" test, if you do well they make you do it again to "verify" it was you whom took the test. Not once I was asked about myself nor the projects I have worked on. I took the "IQ" test again and they didn't even have the courage to tell me that I did not get the position. They simply said we will take it to the "upper-management". An automated email, 48 hours after the interview was sent. What a waste of my time. They did not even visit my website (using google analytics) to view the projects I worked on or to learn more about the candidate. If you are interviewing for this company, save your time and apply elsewhere. You don't want to to work for a company that is very unprofessional and non-organic.

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vertafore (Denver, CO).

Interview

Applied, then invited to take a timed personality & cognitive assessment. Easy and nothing to worry about. Honestly, I don't know who they're filtering with these. I've done the same on for multiple companies. They give you 15 mins for the cognitive, and I was interrupted for several of those minutes and still got an acceptable score. Not trying to say I'm some genius, I just think they want you to answer all the questions.

Then scheduled for a video call with recruiter. He had me redo the assessment to confirm it was me. Again, easy. Then had a pretty informal/easy-going conversation with the recruiter. Nothing challenging, pretty much just wanted to get an idea of what I wanted, and then he talked about the company and what was going on at their Denver location.

I was then told pretty explicitly I would hear back and that I was exactly what they wanted. He said they were waiting on hiring managers and I'd hear back in 1.5 weeks.

1.5 weeks comes, hear nothing, so I follow up. I get an immediate reply (within the minute!) saying I'll hear by the end of the week - that they're trying to figure out process for out of state applicants.

I do not hear by the end of the week. A month goes by. Nothing. I follow up again - nothing.

I get the impression that I got blown off because I was out of state. Not a big deal, but would appreciate some communication - especially after literally being told I was "exactly what they're looking for."

LRS Compliance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vertafore (East Lansing, MI) in June 2017.

Interview

I originally applied for a different analyst position, but I was bot selected. However, the recruiter stayed in contact with me and I recieved a secobd chance with this analyst position. It was a great experience and he made sure to give me tips to help.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vertafore in June 2017.

Interview

1st step is being sent a personality and cognitive assessment (both 15 minutes long). Then you re-do it for the HR Rep as they watch you via video chat. Then they set up a 30 minute phone call with 2 executives. If that goes well, then they set up an in-person interview where you must prepare a 30 minute mock sales pitch where the same execs will role play with you on.

Interview Questions

• Why would you want to work for Vertafore? How would you say you stand out from the other Candidates?   Answer Question

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vertafore (Atlanta, GA) in June 2017.

Interview

The process starts with an online personality quiz followed by an aptitude test (algebra, word matching, logic). A recruiter contacted me the next day to schedule a follow-up video interview, where you retake the aptitude section and talk about the position and yourself.

Next was a technical interview over by video call, about an hour, half focusing on the things on your resume and the other half on a CodePen doing a coding question, was quite collaborative, more an exercise in basic skills + ability to work with someone than a pure test of skill.

Had on-site interview the next week, met with the same people from the technical call for a blend of (mostly resume-related) technical questions as well as professional questions (do you like working with others, how do you react when someone comes to you with issues/improvements in your work, etc).

Overall the process was reasonable and moved quickly, everyone was quite friendly and the engineers were knowledgeable and personable. They certainly care as much, if not more, about your ability to work with others and eagerness to learn as they do about your sheer skills.

My only qualm with the process was that they said to expect to get an update, if not a decision, by the end of the following week after the on-site, but then there was absolute silence (not a returned email or voicemail) for 2.5 weeks, then an email (personal, not automatic) that they were hiring someone with more corporate experience.

Seems like a great place to work and the process up to the end went along rapidly. Two notes if you apply: If you don't have industry experience make sure you have a decent amount of personal work or projects to show your stuff and if something is listed as a technical tool/skill on your resume make sure you know it and can answer questions about it; they will check that you know what you say you know.

Interview Questions

• Is Node.js multi-threaded?   1 Answer
    • The online coding question was styled as such: Can you come up with an answer to this (relatively straightforward, entry level) question, what's the time complexity of your solution? Can we improve on that solution, if so what's the new complexity and is that optimal for this problem?   Answer Question