Vertafore Reviews

Updated Jun 2, 2020

2.7
Vertafore Chief Executive Officer  Amy Zupon
Amy Zupon
Pros
  • "Great benefits and work/life balance(in 72 reviews)

• "I have good work-life balance, a supportive work environment, I work with great people, and my manager is helpful and supportive(in 40 reviews)

Cons
  • "Upper management could also improve in many ways(in 45 reviews)

• "Lots of excitement in the Denver office but more cynical employees in Bothell because of large layoffs(in 25 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"A good place to work"

I have been working at Vertafore full-time

Pros

I have been with the company for over 2 years now and have read some of the reviews after a newer colleague of mine asked about the reviews and thought I would post my own experience. For several people I work with, this is their first job and don't realize the grass isn’t always greener on the other side. Frankly, some find more time complaining about their jobs than they do actually doing the work. I can't speak for every team but we do have some legacy technology but I have had an opportunity to work on some real modern level technology and it seems like there are plans to start getting more teams involved in this. The Denver office has a great location for those in downtown and the perks have improved over the last year with things like more free snacks, cereal for the teams and breakfasts once a month. The people here are great and we learn a lot from each other. There is a high level of accountability which I do hear some people complain about it but for me I was tired of seeing some of my colleagues brag about how little they had to work or going home at 2pm every day when I was putting in extra hours to cover them and now most of them are gone which has actually improved the attitude of the team. As having worked at several other companies, the opportunity to learn and grow and know that if you work hard you will be rewarded provides a great opportunity. I have seen several of my colleagues get promoted over the last year and they appear to be doing a better job at this although some may not quite be ready. Communication has greatly improved and at least we know what other teams are doing through more transparent communication. Management does communicate an open door policy and has been receptive to new ideas including a SDET training program to teach QA folks how to further their career.

Cons

The commute if you don't live in the city and there is no formal work at home policy but some managers appear to still allow their folks to work from home. Not enough senior team members to train the onboarding of junior staff, although it has improved it still needs more. More opportunities for learning and more opportunities to work on the newer tech stacks.

Vertafore2020-02-16

April 8, 2020HR Manager

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience! Your perspective is extremely helpful, and we're so glad to hear you find the culture and growth opportunities to be positive and on par with what we aim to offer our employees. We continue to make strides in promoting a transparent and collaborative culture with clear vision and strategy, and it seems we're on the right path! Thanks for taking the time to write your review, and please don't hesitate to let your leadership or HRBP know how we can continue to improve your experience at Vertafore. Thanks for all you do!

"Good place to work"

5.0
    Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at Vertafore full-time for less than a year

Pros

Love my coworkers Good benefits Flexible schedule

Cons

I really don't have any

Vertafore2019-01-09

August 13, 2019HR Manager

Thanks for your feedback! We are thrilled to hear your experience at Vertafore has been positive, and you are enjoying things like our competitive benefits packages and team of talented employees. We appreciate everything you do for us and look forward to partnering to make Vertafore a great place to grow your career!

3. "Too many reorganizations"

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Vertafore full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Had great coworkers willing to help each other work on great technology

Cons

Management always focus on doing reorganizations.

Vertafore2020-05-27
  4. "Amazing! They treat employees very well."

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Denver, CO

I have been working at Vertafore full-time

Pros

I have always felt that they cared about their employees and treated them well. The company seems to really care how their employees feel and take the necessary steps to consistently improve. The company also has great benefits and lots of perks such as unlimited PTO, education reimbursement, etc. Since COVID 19 they are doing everything possible to keep all employees employed and healthy. They are consistently going above and beyond. They continue to be upfront and honest in their updates, never leaving us to wonder what will happen next or what is going on. You can tell a lot about a CEO, upper management and an organization by how the handle difficult times. I am impressed. Overall this is a good company. It is reliable, has honest management, and tries to do what is best for its employees. It is not perfect, but it definitely a community/company I want to continue to be a part of.

Cons

A lot of the staff is very young, and by that I don’t mean by age but by professional maturity. A lot of them are intelligent and driven, but their entitlement and lack of professional experience make them difficult to work with.

Vertafore2020-05-25
  5. "SE-I review"

5.0
    Current Employee - Software Engineer-I in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Vertafore full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work-life balance. Smart, decent individuals who work well together.

Cons

Could always use more pay

Vertafore2020-05-14

"Vision vs Execution"

2.0
    Former Employee - Customer Support Manager in Denver, CO

I worked at Vertafore full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The people of Vertafore are the best that I've been able to work with. The leaders within Customer Support are the best around. They've instilled a culture of growth and success as a team that brings each individual up. I'm thankful to have worked for them. The team I managed made my job so much easier. All the internal business partners I came across were always open to collaborating.

Cons

The vision of the company is great. The execution is the exact opposite. Leaders in certain parts of the company have a reactive mindset. They wait until things break before doing something about it. There are processes all over the company that aren't defined or built to be as efficient as possible. There is a lot of work to do for the company to be aligned with other tech companies. Having spoken to individuals in other tech companies, there is a sense that there isn't any alignment within Vertafore to drive the vision. The company has a great opportunity in its industry, but until certain senior leaders change or leave, it will be a constant struggle for employees having to deal with constant uncertainty on the direction of the company.

Vertafore2020-04-29

April 30, 2020HR Manager

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. We're glad to hear that you enjoyed the strong leadership and culture of growth within our Customer Support team and Vertafore as an organization. It's important to us to have a strong vision, and I'm glad that's been your experience as an employee. We appreciate the feedback on being more efficient and proactive, and we hope to drive more efficiencies as we continue to refine our processes. We'll definitely pass along your feedback to the appropriate leaders in hopes we can make these improvements moving forward. Thanks again!

7. "Great Company But I Wish They Paid More"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at Vertafore full-time

Pros

There is a great work life balance and everyone that works at Vertafore is extremely nice. The culture is good but not as great as some other companies i have worked for.

Cons

I don't think they pay as well as they should

Vertafore2020-04-06

April 8, 2020HR Manager

Thanks for writing your review! We are always looking for ways to improve our culture, so if you have thoughts on what could help us improve we encourage you to share that in our current Voice of Vertafore engagement survey or share directly with your department's leadership. Thanks again!

8. "Great Benefits"

I have been working at Vertafore full-time

Pros

Education stipends, great learning opportunities, unlimited PTO, flexible WFH policy, depending on your team

Cons

Very limited view to happenings at HQ. Disconnection between office locations.

Vertafore2020-03-30

April 8, 2020HR Manager

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback! We agree that our opportunities to learn and grow, benefits (including PTO and tuition reimbursement) and work/life balance are some of the best in the industry! It sounds like we could better communicate between our office locations - please reach out to Feedback@vertafore.com and let us know where you see these gaps! We'd love to hear your thoughts on identifying a great solution.

"Frustrating"

I have been working at Vertafore

Pros

For the most part you work with great co-workers.

Cons

Management has no comprehension of what a true leader is. Vertafore has plenty of Managers and Upper Management but in most departments, no understand of how to develop people. The company totes that their employees are important but you don't see that. There are a lot of people walking around with attitude and self importance. Employees are underpaid.

Vertafore2020-02-27

April 14, 2020HR Manager

We appreciate you sharing your feedback. Our people certainly are our biggest asset, and truly are of highest importance to us. We feel this is demonstrated on a daily basis across all teams and locations, so we're sorry to learn you feel differently. Please reach out to HRBusinessPartners@vertafore.com or Feedback@Vertafore.com so we can learn more.

"Get 'The Vertafore Way' Off the Page and Into Practice"

2.0
    Current Employee - IT Support in Denver, CO

I have been working at Vertafore full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Work Life Balance, Time Away From Work Policies

Cons

Management Dishonesty, Little Interest In Employee Development

Vertafore2020-03-11

April 14, 2020HR Manager

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. Growth and development is a top priority for us, so we're sorry to hear your experience has felt inconsistent. Please reach out to your HR Business Partner or to Feedback@Vertafore.com so we can better understand where we can offer support. Thanks again, and we look forward to your continued success at Vertafore!

Found 550 reviews