Vertafore Reviews

Updated May 13, 2021

3.3
Vertafore Chief Executive Officer  Amy Zupon
Amy Zupon
Pros
  • "great work-life balance, and leadership that cares(in 77 reviews)

• "Great people, great culture, good benefits, great management(in 43 reviews)

• Cons
  • "When you move to a new position in the company you get the standard raise even if you go from the lowest level to an upper management position(in 51 reviews)

• "Lots of excitement in the Denver office but more cynical employees in Bothell because of large layoffs(in 25 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Veteran Status

This rating reflects the overall rating of Vertafore and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 4.0
      Current Employee
      Featured Review

Amazing! They treat employees very well.

May 24, 2020 - Sales Associate in Denver, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have always felt that they cared about their employees and treated them well. The company seems to really care how their employees feel and take the necessary steps to consistently improve. The company also has great benefits and lots of perks such as unlimited PTO, education reimbursement, etc. Since COVID 19 they are doing everything possible to keep all employees employed and healthy. They are consistently going above and beyond. They continue to be upfront and honest in their updates, never leaving us to wonder what will happen next or what is going on. You can tell a lot about a CEO, upper management and an organization by how the handle difficult times. I am impressed. Overall this is a good company. It is reliable, has honest management, and tries to do what is best for its employees. It is not perfect, but it definitely a community/company I want to continue to be a part of.

Cons

A lot of the staff is very young, and by that I don’t mean by age but by professional maturity. A lot of them are intelligent and driven, but their entitlement and lack of professional experience make them difficult to work with.

4 people found this review helpful

Vertafore Response

HR Manager

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts and feedback with us! We care deeply about our employees, and are constantly striving to make their experience the best it can be. With the current situation surrounding COVID-19, the health and safety of our employees is certainly a top priority. We are doing everything possible to support our employees during this unprecedented time, and we are glad to hear our efforts have been positive. Please let us know how we can continue improving your experience, and we look forward to your continued success at Vertafore!

2. 5.0

Great place to work

Mar 17, 2021 - Senior Account Manager in Denver, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Love the environment/people I work with on a day to day basis in the office.

Cons

Getting something done in the company can take a long time because of the many formalities and departments and customers will get angry at the amount of time it takes to complete seemingly simple tasks.

1 person found this review helpful
    3. 5.0

Not too shabby

May 13, 2021 - Senior Analyst in Denver, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Decent pay - Nice people - Time flexibility - Able to work remote

Cons

Cross-department work can sometimes be a pain - Outsourced TSO makes you have to jump through WAY too many hoops for things that shouldn't take long

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

East Lansing location is good, headquarters seems unstable

Apr 14, 2021 - Customer Support Analyst II in East Lansing, MI
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fun, friendly, supportive office environment. Good benefits and PTO. Room for career growth. Appreciate the responsiveness to COVID-19 as we were quick to move remote and haven't been rushed back into an unsafe work environment. My immediate managers have been very understanding of the need for work-life balance as well as physical and mental health.

Cons

Can be difficult to work with departments stationed in headquarters. Upper management and executive team changes too frequently. This location's general manager isn't very present.

5. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Classic example of why trickle-down economics doesn't work

Apr 29, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Company culture here is very sales-focused, but otherwise great. I had a very good time with my peers and the cross-functional collaboration was enjoyable. -Overall pretty good benefits: unlimited PTO, good healthcare packages, employer contributions, etc. -RAVE points system: if you want to give recognition to someone in Vertafore, you can give them RAVE points that can be redeemed for some pretty cool products and gift cards. -Two "rest and recharge" days throughout the year due to COVID; a bunch of companies out there offer a lot more than two days, but at least Vertafore offers something. -A lot of opportunities to move within the company. Internal hiring board is constantly open for employees to express their interests. -Great place to start a career, they are very willing to take on less experienced folks in order to build them up.

Cons

-ALL of the promotions go to management. Even though you and your team exceed expectations and the C-suite notice the work that's been done in your team, all the credit goes to the managers/directors and they get promoted. None of that money will trickle down to you. -Salaries are below industry standard, I wouldn't look here if you're already established in your field and know what you're looking for. -Career pathing is abysmal. If you're new to the industry and are looking for guidance on how you can build your career, the infrastructure isn't present at Vertafore. And even if you exceed expectations and earn a promotion, management will disagree and keep you where you're at. -Vertafore constantly prides themselves about diversity and inclusion, but there's no BIPOC representation in upper management. Hardly any focus groups within the company, which speaks to how much their own employees care about diversity and inclusion. -The CEO has been disappointingly quiet with current events regarding social injustices. Her last statement was with regards to George Floyd, but what company didn't say something about Summer '20? No statement about any other black lives lost, no statement about the spa shootings in Atlanta, no statement about the surge in Anti-Asian hate crimes, no statement on the Derek Chauvin verdict, no statement about voting rights in Georgia. The diversity/inclusion that Vertafore clamors about is only socially forced onto them; they simply do not care.

1 person found this review helpful
    6. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

2021 New Employee

Mar 6, 2021 - Customer Support Specialist in Denver, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

This overall a great company! The people are very friendly and are very invested in people. I really like how the managers emphasize the option of you growing with the company and tell you that if there is a department you would like to work in one day they will be supportive of that and help you work towards that goal. I feel like I have a lot of options going forward.

Cons

I really wish they would allow us to work in the office without the mask restrictions but this is only a temporary con so aside from that I do not have any particular complaints.

7. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Company

Apr 29, 2021 - Technical Program Manager in Denver, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

The company really cares about their employees and are committed to being an inclusive workplace

Cons

some of the leadership expects too much with not enough resources to get everything done

8. 1.0

Level one hire company

Mar 8, 2021 - Project Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits package, schedule flexibility, unlimited PTO, and good office location

Cons

No work/life balance, leadership is lazy, no valuable training, people quit with no back filled plan until yearly boot camp then everyone struggles and picks up the extra work, your direct Manager won’t be involved in your daily work and doesn’t fully understand the project processes, there’s no real growth for Project Managers, Promotions occur on a yearly basis and if you received a promotion you have to wait 2 to 3 years until you receive the next promotion, LOW PAY - NO EXPERIENCE YOU START AT 50K with 1500 Quarterly bonuses, EXPERIENCED PROJECT MANAGERS MAKE 65 -85K. They always underpaying Project Managers so do your research, this company is very much reactive for every situation. IF YOU DONT DO WELL WITH CONSTANT CHANGE AND NO DIRECTION, THIS JOB IS NOT IT!

2 people found this review helpful
    9. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Aimless nightmare

Apr 24, 2021 - Customer Support Specialist I in Denver, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Decent pay -Some of middle management are pretty good people -Good job mobility within the support department (however the pay raises that come with promotion are absolutely laughable)

Cons

Too many to list. Vertafore is spread FAR too thin across the insurance supply chain and is attempting to serve far too many niches, resulting in mediocre products at best, unusable products at worst. You will spend at least 40 hours a week fruitlessly wrestling with SQL spaghetti code that gets more broken every year while dealing with (justifiably) furious customers and apathetic, demoralized coworkers/subject matter experts. Too many ineffectual idiots and sociopaths in upper-middle management. Lower management is treated like garbage and receive only marginally better pay than Tier II support staff. Massive employee churn results in poor company culture and cohesion - and the best and brightest always jump ship first! SME's and Tier II support analysts are incredibly bureaucratic and uncooperative. There are many jobs where the "learn on the job" model works wonders - call center tech support is NOT one of them, especially when you're expected to learn a new (broken!) product every few months. Google "Vertafore products" and hit the first result. Within two years you will be supporting nearly ALL of these, and bilingualism is a de facto requirement for about a third of them. Call center tech support is never an easy job, but the point of it is to fix problems that customers bring you. Your job becomes impossible when those problems are unfixable most of the time. Do NOT waste your expertise here, ESPECIALLY if your expertise is in acccounting/finance. The break room ping pong tables and organic banana deliveries are not worth the hair tearing and agony.

2 people found this review helpful
    10. 4.0
      Former Employee

My time

Apr 20, 2021 - Student in Colorado Springs, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

It was good, great work environment

Cons

No internship referral program for wanting to stay with the company

Viewing 1 - 10 of 656 Reviews