Vertafore Reviews | Glassdoor

3.1
Vertafore Chief Executive Officer Amy Zupon
Amy Zupon

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Great teams and an awesome work-life balance" (in 47 reviews)

• "Great People and great location of the Bothell office" (in 32 reviews)

Cons
  • "Upper Management does not know what they are doing" (in 26 reviews)

• "Not enough transparency, senior management turnover" (in 14 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Lots of Opportunities!"

Current Employee - IT Professional in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - IT Professional in Denver, CO

I have been working at Vertafore full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are many, many opportunities to grow as a professional, both in your own department or via internal transfer.

The tough screening process means most people who join the company are extremely competent with good attitudes.

Typical "tech" workplace with open floor plan, decent amenities, etc.

Company contributes $1500 to your HSA on January 1st.

Full time employees get 18 PTO days in their first year. Company observes 10 holidays per year + 1 floating holiday for employees (29 total days off per year).

Cons

Salary is just average. Again the real story is the opportunity to RAPIDLY advance.

"Sales"

Current Employee - Sales in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Sales in Denver, CO

I have been working at Vertafore full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have just completed the last day of the 6-week training at Vertafore and I couldn't be more excited to begin. The culture here is amazing. The staff are vibrant, motivated and highly intelligent. They take pride in the company and employees are treated very well. From happy hours to after work sports leagues, to water cooler convo's Vertafore is a FUN team to be a part of.
    Bonus: stocking the kitchens with fresh fruit for all the employees every monday.

Cons

To my understanding anyone not in upper management has to pay for their own parking. They do provide free eco passes though. Since I don't live by public transportation, I have to drive and it gets quite costly.
    I am still under two months in so i haven't had time to think of any significant cons. I know previously there was a lot of restructuring and significant turnover, but I think that opens the door now to grow within the company.

3. "Great company"

I have been working at Vertafore full-time

Pros

Good comp
    Great work environment
    Great co workers
    Happy hours

Cons

None that I can think of

4. "LRS Specialist"

Former Employee - LRS Specialist in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - LRS Specialist in Denver, CO

I worked at Vertafore full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Loving company to work for
    Plenty of employee outings
    Lots of communication between multiple parts of business

Cons

Compensation is on the smaller side
    Opportunity for growth seems capped

"Good Place to Work"

Current Employee - Senior Software QA Engineer in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Senior Software QA Engineer in Denver, CO

I have been working at Vertafore full-time (More than a year)

Pros

First off note that Vertafore has gone through a major transformation in the last year, and has moved much of their operations to Denver and adopted many copmany wide practices where individual offices may have done their own thing. So many people were either jaded by that or let go. So while those negative comments on here are completely legitimate, they are less a reflection of the actual culture here now but more a result of that large change.

Pros:
    Great working environment, great teams and collaboration.
    Good work life balance.
    Good salary and benefits.
    Great opportunities for growth.

Cons

Development can feel a little undervalued when compared to sales in this organization. At times it feels like we are developers at a sales company rather than a software company. Case in point, at a company all hands leadership recognized 5 individuals for doing great work and not one was from the development team. We are physically separated, and while the fourth floor has lovely open spaces and conference rooms, the 6th floor where dev is has employee cubicles jammed into our conference rooms.

Advice to Management

Sales didn't hit their goals last year, and my bonus suffered because of that. Stop celebrating them so much and recognize the contributions of the Development team.

"Great company to work for - with some challenges around adopting Agile Scrum."

I have been working at Vertafore full-time

Pros

Work-life balance. Camaraderie across teams. Downtown location. The new car smell for a lot of the recent hires over the last 18 months. Opportunities to learn new technologies and help shepherd an old industry into the modern age.

Cons

It would seem there is not a thorough understanding of, nor a truly deep adherence to Agile Scrum among some levels of management. At some levels, much lip service is paid to Agile Scrum, but it's quickly shoved aside when tight deadlines are desired. But efforts are underway to address that.

Advice to Management

Say it. Do it. And Win Together!!!

7. "Great Culture. Poor Development Leadership"

I worked at Vertafore full-time

Pros

Great people, and culture, perks were decent.

Cons

Don't work for SB in Denver. I have worked for several software companies over the last decade and have experienced different management styles and SB is one of the worst managers I have worked for. SB leads by fear and very few like working for SB. There was a sense of relief when she left one of the Vertafore offices and I could see real collaboration and innovation take place.

"Poor leadership/communication is king"

I worked at Vertafore full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-great culture in sales org
    -solid pay
    -great benefits
    - easy dress code

Cons

-leadership is out of touch with customers (literally will not even talk to them sometimes)
    -constantly preach professional development, but will do NOTHING to get you there
    -doesn’t matter how hard you work or how good you are at your job, only the ones who Brown-nose enough will get promotions

Advice to Management

Listen to your own advice “The Vertafore Way” , as leadership here seldomly does

"Good company to work for"

Current Employee - 360Dev in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - 360Dev in Denver, CO

I have been working at Vertafore full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I’ve been with V4 going on 10 years and have worked in 4 different offices. There have been some difficult decisions made by the company, but that’s what happens in the ever changing world of software.

Cons

If you are a fan of change, this company isn’t for you. Change is inevitable.

Advice to Management

Do better at retaining awesome employees. Some were let go in the move to Denver, and those were very valuable employees. People who would have relocated. Please leave the Bothell dev team in place! They Are irreplaceable.

"Pretty good, with some growing pains"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Denver, CO

I have been working at Vertafore full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Vertafore puts a huge emphasis on the professional development of their employees. Promotions from within the company are common and there's a lot of room to grow. They also pay very well.

Cons

The company is in a bit of chaos after relocating most of their teams to the Denver office. Many senior positions are still vacant and they're having a hard time hiring for them.