Vicarious Visions Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Vicarious Visions Interview Questions

Updated Jun 11, 2018

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Vicarious Visions in April 2017.

Interview

I applied at a university event, where I discussed my interests and experience with other engineers. A few weeks later I scheduled a phone interview, where they asked me a few questions. I receivedand accepted my offer a few days after the interview.

Interview Questions

• In C++, what do the keywords static, volatile, and extern mean?   1 Answer

Gameplay Programmer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vicarious Visions.

Interview

Took the programmer test, then had a phone interview with two programmers. The test was testing basic knowledge of programming and logic. The phone interview only lasted about 40 mins.

Production Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Menands, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Vicarious Visions (Menands, NY) in January 2018.

Interview

- Extremely comfortable process
    - Great technical questions
    - Excellent logic questions
    - Relaxed atmosphere during the on-site interview
    - Positive and enthusiastic interviewers
    - All around it was a very pleasant interview process

Interview Questions

• In past production experience, explain a difficult situation and how you overcame it?   Answer Question

QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Vicarious Visions (Albany, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

Easy interview process. Asked some brain teasers to see where my thought process was while I walked them through the steps to solving on a whiteboard. Then they had me sit down and play a game and track the number of bugs that I found.

Interview Questions

• Name 4 days that start with the letter T.   1 Answer

Associate Game Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, VT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Vicarious Visions (Burlington, VT) in May 2016.

Interview

I was sent a coding test which I completed and returned to them. They reviewed the coding test to decide whether to interview me.

A skype interview was then set up where I talked with 2 of the programmers at Vicarious Visions. They asked me several questions and we went over my answers on the programming test.

Interview Questions

• We went over my answers to the coding test, discussing how I arrived at my answers. They then gave me a few coding problems and watched as I solved them.   Answer Question

Production Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vicarious Visions in May 2018.

Interview

I applied and heard back within a week to setup an interview within the following week. Communication up to that point was pleasant and the phone interview itself was nice and welcoming.

However, I have to give a neutral overall experience because, while the interview itself was positive, I never heard back again, even after sending a follow-up email to the recruiter. I found this rather disappointing as every other place I've ever interviewed with at least responded, even if they decided not to move forward with you.

Interview Questions

• Typical production questions (time you made a mistake, how'd you prepare for a certain situation, etc.)   Answer Question

Vicarious Visions Response

Jun 20, 2018 – Sr. Manager, Talent Attraction

Thank you for your feedback. We strive to respond to all candidates in a timely manner, but it looks like we missed the mark with you. At times, due to the high volume of applications we receive... More

Game Programmer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vicarious Visions in December 2010.

Interview

Lots of one on one or two on one interviews, a tour around the facilities, and lunch.