Viewpost Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Viewpost Interview Questions

Interviews at Viewpost

Sort:

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Viewpost in August 2014.

Interview

I applied and got an email from one of their recruiters. She setup a phone call with their lead recruiter for a specific date and time. I took the time out of my busy day and rescheduled meetings to take the call. After waiting for ten minutes after the scheduled time I had given up, but that is when the call came in. I talked to the recruiter but it sounded like they had already made their decision on hiring me or not before the phone call. I was told I would get feedback but two weeks later I have not heard anything.

Interview Questions

• There really was not a difficult question. It was questions about how my current work experience would make me a good fit in there.   1 Answer

Internal Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Maitland, FL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Viewpost (Maitland, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

Phone interview twice, concerned mostly with work preformance and asked about previous work experience. Provided over view of work experience applicable to position. Position is self motivated and wanted to ensure would be able to handle required work load.

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Viewpost.

Interview

I applied via the Glassdoor posting and the Recruiting Manager called me within 24 hours. We spent about an hour on the call and he really took the time to get to know me as a person and a candidate for the role.

After the initial call I was scheduled for an onsite interview. The recruiting team scheduled everything for me and was in constant communication throughout the process. The interview itself lasted about 3 hours and I had the opportunity to meet with a nice cross-section of the company. Everyone was not only pleasant but upbeat and excited. I could tell they truly enjoyed their work and the company.

The recruiter did inform me that they were speaking with other candidates and laid out a timeline in which I could expect feedback. Before I left I had the opportunity to have all questions answered. It was a great experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a marketing event that you lead from the concept through completion.   Answer Question

Software Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Maitland, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Viewpost (Maitland, FL) in January 2015.

Interview

Kind of lengthy, but in the sort of way where they are trying to ensure you're a good cultural fit.

Contacted by recruiter, initial phone call with recruiter, second phone call with hiring manager, third conference call with hiring manager and two other team members, fourth in-person interview with hiring manager and 3 other team members, "We'd like to make you an offer.", negotiations, background check and drug test, formal acceptance

HR and the recruiters were awesome and made the process super easy.

Interview Questions

• Lots of standard "either-or" questions (Do you work better in a team or individually?, etc.)

The one that I best recall was "What is your favorite swear word?"   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Viewpost (Orlando, FL) in April 2014.

Interview

Met with 2 panels of interviewers. First one was with two people who mostly asked behavioral questions. Second was with the team leads and involved explaining the projects on my resume and a relatively simple algorithm question on the whiteboard.

Interview Questions

• Write a function that determines if N is a prime number.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Viewpost (Orlando, FL).

Interview

It was awful, the ego to talent ration at this place and their parent company LSQ funding, is just too high. A whole lot of ego with very little talent, it's like a real life parody of the show Silicon Valley. Looking at the other reviews, it appears that combativeness with interviewees is par for the course.

The interview consisted of pretty much asking every trick programming question in the book, until they found one that I was weak on and then basing the entirety of the rest of the interview on that question and being abrasive about it. It is worth noting that I had answered 10 or so correctly already, it was established that I could program and that I was not one of the majority that cannot even do fizz-buzz.

I made the mistake of telling them that I felt that I was a pretty good developer, so they took every occasion to throw that back in my face and say "come on I thought you where a pretty good developer", in a very condescending and mocking manner. I can honestly say, I have never been to a more unprofessional interview in my life. It pretty much boiled down to their lead insulting me to make himself look good in front of his team, snickering and then looking back at his other team members for recognition of his "witty" jabs. I can only venture to guess it was because I had some pretty reputable positions, with some pretty reputable Silicon Vally companies, on my resume and he wanted to show his team that he was better than the guy that had a big valley name on his resume. I am not a combative or abrasive person and was pretty blindsided by the nature of this interview.

In hindsight I should have walked out. Insulting an interviewee is just uncalled for, the interview process is stressful enough without it. They should be ashamed of themselves for conducting themselves in such a manner and for allowing an interviewee to be treated with such disregard.

The CEO was nice, I think he is totally unaware that he has a development team that turn off the talent of the local area, they have a pretty bad rep around town as being a bunch of devs that think they are a whole lot more talented than they are. I think this is reinforced by the fact that they ask the stupid gotcha questions on interviews and then stroke their ego because they studied up on gotcha questions. Assuming everyone else is an idiot because they don't study gotcha questions. Be warned the Dunning Kruger effect is strong with these guys.

Interview Questions

• Assuming you have a Javascript function and you don't know how many parameters where passed in how would you find out how many where passed in?   1 Answer

Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Viewpost.

Interview

Briefly went over company model and then proceeded to lie about expectations and responsibilities for the next hour. The company and ideology was heavily sold. Interview process was rather simple. However, on day one with the company everything that was told to me in the interview was proven to be wrong. I wish I would have seen through the fascade and not have wasted my time with this company.

Customer Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maitland, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Viewpost (Maitland, FL) in December 2014.

Interview

Applied online and was called about a week later. Scheduled a phone interview which went well and was later called for an in person interview. I was asked to talk about my past experiences and to explain my responsibilities with each job. The interview was very informal and I was advised that they were looking for a person that would fit in with their current staff. After the In person interview, I spoke briefly to the hiring manager and then I was walked out. She advised that Viewpost does a very detailed background search and that they had additional applicants to speak with. She then stated that she would contact me upon completion of all interviews.

Customer Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Maitland, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Viewpost (Maitland, FL) in October 2014.

Interview

The recruiter called me to give me more details about the position. She was very friendly, knowledgeable, and pleasantly honest about all aspects of the interview process and the company structure. I was intrigued by the energy and fresh approach. I was hopeful to even get an interview with such an awesome company. She set me up for a phone interview. The interviewer seemed to know my resume, and had poignant questions from the start. When I went in for a second interview I met with three different interviewers. They seemed to work well together and care about my answers. We all wanted the same thing. They wanted the person who would be the best fit, and I wanted a job that suited my skill set and my potential. A few days later the original recruiter called to offer me the position. She let me know I needed to pass a background check before they made the final offer. She outlined each step of that process which put me at ease. The communication was superior. I was grateful for the courtesy of consummate professionals.

Interview Questions

• When you are working with people who are not carrying their part of a project, how do you approach them?   1 Answer
    • What is your ideal work environment?   1 Answer

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Maitland, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Viewpost (Maitland, FL) in October 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by the HR Director and completed a phone interview that lasted roughly 45 mins - 1 hour. Afterwards, I was scheduled to come in and interview with the leadership team individually. That was scheduled within 24 hours of my phone interview and the interview took place 3-4 days after the original phone interview.

Meeting the leadership team was extremely valuable and really helped me learn so much more about the company, the vision and the direction.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to make a difficult decision. Follow-up questions (paraphrasing) were: What was the situation, what did you do, what was the result.   Answer Question