Viking Cruises Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.3

Sort:

Travel Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodland Hills, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Viking Cruises (Woodland Hills, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

The process is a bit crazy. You interview first with an HR lady who ask you question that have nothing to do with the job you applied for. After that you meet with management of air team. They did not really explain the job and just wanted to know my background.

Interview Questions

• What is the booking your currently reading.   3 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Woodland Hills, CA

Application

I interviewed at Viking Cruises (Woodland Hills, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

The recruiters are reviewing your qualifications even when you don't know it. For example, when they call you for an interview, make sure you sound friendly and professional- they're testing how you sound on the phone. It's actually a kind of phone interview but without the interview questions. If you get called twice, another employee told me that its because they either like you or theyre not sure about your phone voice and need to listen to you again.
    My interview started off with 1 manager (I think) then a 2nd interview with 2 supervisors- one right after the other. Each interview takes a few minutes but they make you wait between each interview to see how comfortable you handle the pressure.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how good is your geography skills?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodland Hills, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Viking Cruises (Woodland Hills, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

I applied online and received a call from one of their recruiters. I had a brief phone interview with "Karen" on the phone and she scheduled me for an interview. I went to their location in Woodland Hills and met with her for a 20 minute in person role play. From there, I went to "John" for 3.5 minutes of questioning and then to "Irena" for 6 minutes of interview time. One hour after the interview concluded, I received a call from "Karen" regarding an offer. When I spoke to her, she informed me that in his 3.5 minutes of "deep interview techniques", John concluded that I should start out as a Travel Agent Consultant and not with the regular inbound calling. When I inquired why I was considered inadequate to handle regular calls in their call center, I was told because John felt I wasn't experienced enough. In the end Viking offered me the position to handle travel agent calls and told me to think about it over the weekend. I called back the next week, left 2 messages on voice mail and when I finally reached her said the offer was no long valid! This is the most pathetic and unprofessional interview experience to date. How does a company stay in business when they don't even really interview candidates? Then when you don't get down on your knees and kiss their feet when they extend a pathetic position which is not different than anything you would find in a local mall, they get defensive. Don't waste your time with these amateurs!

Interview Questions

• Role play regarding a customer wanting to go on a vacation to Europe.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Woodland Hills, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Viking Cruises (Woodland Hills, CA) in December 2012.

Interview

It's different for everyone; there is no clear, consistent policy for the interview process. We have all had different experiences. Different number of interviews from 1 to 6.

Negotiation

There is no negotiation. You take it or you leave it and if you don't like anything their policy is, "There's the door."

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Viking Cruises (Boston, MA) in March 2011.

Interview

Questions about travel and sales. Listening to agent's sales/service calls. Role-playing with director and manager to go through the call script. I'm sure there is more, but it was years ago, and the process is different and much more uniform now.

Interview Questions

• How would you compare yourself to the person that referred you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Viking Cruises (Boston, MA) in June 2016.

Interview

submit resume, 1 phone interview. they email you tests. you take tests. come in for interview. they let you know after the interview if you got the job. I did

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Viking Cruises (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied and was contacted within one day via email requesting a telephone interview. It was more of an explanation of what the role involved and a quick couple of questions about my work experience. The interviewer answered all of my questions even those involving commission structure. He was very upfront and informative about expectations.

Interview Questions

• Not really questions, more informative - more like if I understood the work schedule and training expections.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Viking Cruises (Phoenix, AZ) in September 2018.

Interview

There was no process and no interview. I was met by a very nervous guy who didn't smile or look at me, was nervously looking through papers and his watch. Asked me the same questions over and over about a brief project I worked on that had nothing to do with travel and thought my years as a top sales exec was a few months. When I attempted to talk about metrics, awards and experience in international travel and sales, including selling Viking cruises, he chuckled and asked if I had anything else before we conclude.

Overall, they already had the people they wanted and were going through motions. I felt my time was wasted and I now have a very bad view of a company I once loved.

Interview Questions

• Questions about IT sales? Made no sense. Asked about how many calls in a day I made. No interest in how much money I made for the company, no interest in my awards for high revenue, about being a top sales agent, my travel or cruise sales experience or travel at all.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Viking Cruises (Boston, MA).

Interview

Found job fair advertised on employment website. Walked in for open house, filled out application, attached resume, listened to sales pitch and left with Viking promotional products. Then got call back for 2nd interview and hired.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle rejection and stay positive on the phone? How resilient are you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Viking Cruises (Boston, MA) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online via the Viking Cruise website. I received an email the next day including a link to a personality assessment (which took about 15 minutes to complete) as well as some "pre-qualifying" questions (such as availability to work nights, weekends and holidays as well as verifying call center experience). I interviewed the next day and knew at the end of the interview that they wanted to hire me. I got my "official" offer letter 2 business days later/

Interview Questions

• I was given a suggested formula for how to sell a trip and asked to role play a phone call. The application also had a quiz matching cities to their country.   1 Answer