Village Green Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Village Green

2.7

Sort:

Assistant Property Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Village Green.

Interview

I applied for an open position advertised for a property less than 5 miles from my home. The corporate office called for a phone interview within 1-2 days. Went very well.

Scheduled a subsequent face to face interview at a property 20 miles away. At first I was confused, but then I figured it may be another property manager interviewing for the property that was advertised.

When I arrived, it seemed that no one was aware of who I was and that an interview had been scheduled. It was confusing. That interview went well. It was explained that the APM at this property took the advertised position and now this property was available. Ok. I felt a little deceived, but I could fit in at this property. No problem.

A second interview with the area director was scheduled. The office was 40 miles from my house, downtown. No parking instructions were given to me. I had to park 3 blocks away on the street where a shooting had occurred earlier that morning. I did not have a good feeling about this.

I arrived at the front desk and announced my appointment. After 10 minutes the receptionist took me to another building in the back. I was told to wait in the conference room. I could hear loud music blaring from another room in the building. It was a strange situation.

Finally, the woman came in. My first impression was that she was cold and no personality. She was definitely a "down to business, no small talk" kind of person. She asked about difficult tenants and how I would handle them. She asked about time management and prioritizing. She told me she had been off for 4 days and this was her first day back and there were 1,000 emails waiting for her and my interview scheduled on top of that, then she asked how I would handle that.

After everything, she informed me that there really wasn't a position available. They were back interviewing because the guy in "said position" is looking to transfer to Chicago, but that hasn't happened yet.

Hmm... When I applied for the position, the advertised job was 5 miles from my house and I needed something immediately. Not a back interview!! I made up my mind right there that I would not work for this company. If the interview process is this messed up, I can't imagine how the job would be.

Funny thing is, the next day I received the standard corporate HR email that "another candidate had been selected for the applied position." Good!

What a confused, messed up company!

Interview Questions

• Two people at the property you are applying for have big personalities. How do you think you will fit in with these big personalities?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Village Green (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2014.

Interview

Much too long.....

you first go through a phone screening. Then after a week if you're lucky you will be contacted for a personal interview. After that, there is a third interview with a regional manager. No where do they tell you where you will be placed.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Village Green (Chicago, IL) in May 2012.

Interview

I never had property management experience before working at Village Green. My background was in hospitality. Interviewed with the Sales Manager and Property Manager at the same time. Called to offer employment about a week later with generous pay, plus a rent discount to live on-site so I accepted the offer.

Interview Questions

• How I would handle difficult situations with angry or upset residents.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Village Green (Detroit, MI) in December 2014.

Interview

lengthy process. Phone interview at corporate followed by an in person interview with the property manager. That was followed by a phone interview with the Marketing lead at corporate and then another phone interview with the Area Director.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were put in a position where you had to give someone bad news.   Answer Question

Leasing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Village Green (Dallas, TX) in September 2018.

Interview

The interview process with Villiage green was very pleasent. They for sure send you to different higher ups to chat with if they truly like you. They kept in contact with me every step of the way.

Interview Questions

• Have I managed a crew before?
      Have I worked for Class A+ properties?
      Do I own dogs? (Lol)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Village Green (Detroit, MI) in January 2010.

Interview

Very by the book interview. Everything was read directly from a piece of paper and notes were taken. It was possibly the worst interview I have ever witnessed. If you have a personality they are simple questions to answer. They did not to really uncover the qualities of the person being interviewed.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They named their salary and you take it or leave it.

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Village Green.

Interview

Very short process in my case. I was contacted by the property manager who would be my direct supervisor. Had an interview with her that lasted 2 hours, then had an interview with a Regional Manager that lasted 1 hour, the final step was a phone interview with a Marketing Director. From forst contact to job offer was a week or less.

Interview Questions

• The usual questions for a sales position. Just stay very positive and friendly. The company REALLY focuses on first impressions so be sure to dress accordingly for the interview. Dress is slightly different for each location some more business professional some more urban/fashionable. Even my nails were commented on I found out later.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Starting salaries are pretty cemented.

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Village Green (Saint Louis, MO) in August 2014.

Interview

I was first contacted by an HR recruiter by phone. The interview was about 10 minutes long and then they scheduled the interview with the property manager for me. The in person interview took about 30-40 minutes. From there I was interviewed 3 more times by two marketing directors and the area director.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions. Village Green is big on promoting within so they want to know they can invest in their employees and that they will stay with the company and continue to grow.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They do not typically negotiate salary on an entry level position. Everyone starts out as a Sales consultant and is promoted from there as they perform.

Sales Consultant Interview

Interview

It was a breeze. The recruiter was very kind and helpful. It definitely made me feel at ease to know that they knew what they were looking for and had multiple training programs/classes in place to get new hires up to speed after on-boarding.

Anonymous Employee in Southgate, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Village Green (Southgate, MI) in October 2014.

Interview

There are multiple interviews from in person and over the phone. The interviews progress from onsite manager, to area director, then end with marketing director. Between each interview it will be about 3-5 days till the next step.

Interview Questions

• The ask about face to face and over the phone selling experience.   Answer Question