Village Green Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 31, 2017

2.7

Property Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Village Green (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

I was interviewed in person twice and over the phone once. The recruiter from HR called and conducted a 10 minute phone interview. I then interviewed in person at the property with my direct supervisor and was called that afternoon to interview with his supervisor.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Village Green?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Village Green (Chicago, IL).

Interview

It was a three step process.
    -First was a phone interview with a corporate recruiter over the phone who asked the basic questions and gave an overview of the job and company and perks
    -Second was an onsite interview with the Property Manager who described the specific property and had more detailed questions that pertained to the site i would be working at
    -Third was over the phone with the Regional Sales Manager and went into some of the marketing strategies and into situational questions

Property Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Village Green (Baltimore, MD) in February 2017.

Interview

1st the was a phone interview. Then I showed up to a hiring fair to Interview with the area director for about and hour. Then another phone Interview and 2 other in person interviews

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Village Green.

Interview

Fairly easy. Two interviews max, the property manager and area director. Was told right away I was getting the position. Wasn't a long wait time for a response. HR is very prompt when sending over an offer letter. Just make sure that salary and or compensation is correct on payroll. Some things can get messed up if you transfer to a new site

Assistant Property Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Village Green.

Interview

I applied for an open position advertised for a property less than 5 miles from my home. The corporate office called for a phone interview within 1-2 days. Went very well.

Scheduled a subsequent face to face interview at a property 20 miles away. At first I was confused, but then I figured it may be another property manager interviewing for the property that was advertised.

When I arrived, it seemed that no one was aware of who I was and that an interview had been scheduled. It was confusing. That interview went well. It was explained that the APM at this property took the advertised position and now this property was available. Ok. I felt a little deceived, but I could fit in at this property. No problem.

A second interview with the area director was scheduled. The office was 40 miles from my house, downtown. No parking instructions were given to me. I had to park 3 blocks away on the street where a shooting had occurred earlier that morning. I did not have a good feeling about this.

I arrived at the front desk and announced my appointment. After 10 minutes the receptionist took me to another building in the back. I was told to wait in the conference room. I could hear loud music blaring from another room in the building. It was a strange situation.

Finally, the woman came in. My first impression was that she was cold and no personality. She was definitely a "down to business, no small talk" kind of person. She asked about difficult tenants and how I would handle them. She asked about time management and prioritizing. She told me she had been off for 4 days and this was her first day back and there were 1,000 emails waiting for her and my interview scheduled on top of that, then she asked how I would handle that.

After everything, she informed me that there really wasn't a position available. They were back interviewing because the guy in "said position" is looking to transfer to Chicago, but that hasn't happened yet.

Hmm... When I applied for the position, the advertised job was 5 miles from my house and I needed something immediately. Not a back interview!! I made up my mind right there that I would not work for this company. If the interview process is this messed up, I can't imagine how the job would be.

Funny thing is, the next day I received the standard corporate HR email that "another candidate had been selected for the applied position." Good!

What a confused, messed up company!

Interview Questions

• Two people at the property you are applying for have big personalities. How do you think you will fit in with these big personalities?   1 Answer

Senior Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Village Green (Detroit, MI) in July 2015.

Interview

General sales interview questions - everyone who I interviewed with was personable and made me feel comfortable. That being said, everyone was also very professional and knowledgable about Village Green. You can tell people are extremely passionate about this company!

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Village Green (Chicago, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

I submitted my application and resume online and about two days later I received a call form the Corporate Recruiter. A phone interview was set up with the recruiter and he asked me about some of my work experience and told me a little more about Village Green. I had an in person interview with the Property Manager and the Area Director. The following day the recruiter contacted me to set up a time to have a phone interview with the Assistant Marketing Director and the next day I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you set difficult goals. What did you do to achieve them? Walk me through the process and purpose.   Answer Question

Concierge Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Village Green (Saint Louis, MO) in May 2015.

Interview

My interview started 45 minutes later than scheduled. The office didn't know who I was supposed to interview with. I ended up speaking with 3 different people and notified that I got the job a week later.

Graphic Design Interview

Interview

Overall interview was pretty typical. General questions about myself and how I work best. Company said they wanted something new and different which is exactly what I bring, but in reality I just got the feeling like they weren't ready. Also felt like they were badly understaffed and that, if hired, I'd be overloaded with a bunch of work, quantity not quality. I asked if there was peer interaction, team work, and a chance for brainstorming and peer reviews, to which they vaguely answered 'not much'. It sounds like this is a company that lost sight of the creative process. That creative direction is being past down from one single person and that there's not much room for true progress and development. Cookie-cutter is a word that came to mind. This is one company that seems afraid of change, progress, and growth. Thinking inside the box.

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Village Green (Kansas City, MO) in April 2015.

Interview

it was long. people were nice. told me a lot of lies. sold me something that was not going to happen even with the construction crew ever. expectations were not explained to the fullest