Vista Equity Partners Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Vista Equity Partners Interview Questions

Updated May 21, 2017

2.8

Consultant Interview

Interview

Was contacted for an interview and instructed to take an online aptitude and personality test. Completed the screening within the designated time frame and was contacted almost two weeks later for a phone interview. The interviewer missed the phone screen, apologized, sent only one email attempting to reschedule, and then I never heard back. Not sure what the deal over at VEP is, but HR doesn't seem entirely with it.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I interviewed at Vista Equity Partners (Chicago, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

It's ironic to me that a company looking to hire a recruiter has such a poor recruiter conducting the search. It's embarrassing on behalf of the company when you do not follow up with your candidates or at the very least close them out.

I did not receive an offer because I was not even given the chance to interview after initial contact. Amidst our coordination for an interview, the recruiter simply disappeared and never rescheduled or regretted me. It was completely unprofessional and quite frankly speaks to how desperately this company needs to hire a new recruiter.

Good luck!

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Vista Equity Partners in September 2016.

Interview

I had a first 30 min phone interview, which was a great experience. The interviewer was very friendly and genuinely interested in learning about me, my capabilities and career goals. The questions were personal and technical about leverage buyout and discounted Cash Flow. Unfortunately, I didn't get to the next round.

PE Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Vista Equity Partners (San Francisco, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Very unprofessional. I submitted an online application and was told to complete a personality and cognitive assessment. I answered 30+ out of the 50 questions in the cognitive assessment in the short time period given and received a notice shortly after that I was not moving forward. They could not even hold a 15 minute phone conversation.

Interview Questions

• Their personality test asked questions like:
      Are you self-conscious?
      Are you easily upset?   Answer Question

Sales Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Vista Equity Partners.

Interview

Several weeks after submitting an online application for the position, I received an email advising that I had made it to the "next step in our hiring process". That next step was a critical thinking assessment that consisted of 50 questions that needed to be completed in 15 minutes. While challenging, none of them were impossible to answer. However, they became progressively more complex and much more time consuming to complete. I'm pretty sure I got them all correct, but I think I only got through the first 19 to 20.

I didn't hear anything from them for about 7 or 8 weeks and sort of forgot about the process. Then, I received a short email thanking me for my interest and letting me know that I wouldn't be considered further.

It seems that if I was sufficiently qualified to be considered for the assessment, a phone discussion at some point about the position should have been warranted.

Interview Questions

• They never even pursued a short, exploratory phone conversation, but rather limited the entire preliminary process to a 15 minute online assessment.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Vista Equity Partners in March 2016.

Interview

Vista is the equity firm for several companies, they decided to also do the recruiting and hiring. Over control much? the recruiter was very weak on follow up. once he did make it to the interview he knew nothing about Greenways products. I felt like i was leading the conversation and interviewing myself. After i finished asking myself and answering my own questions, he said they would be in touch to set up a second assessment. why two you ask? well the second would be the same test but they would be watching me on line. he said to make me more comfortable i wont be able to see him but he will be able to see me. Creepy much? now i understand wanting to verify but by now i had invested my time with the first assessment (very tough by the way) plus an interview, could they not invest and get me out there to their location? or wait until we are further in the process? to watch as i think? in my house? webcam? really creepy. he said he would be sending out some times that he is free. the next day i received the email but instead of time frames it said there was a change in management and all hiring was on hold. a big old hot mess from the time they reached out. I would never apply to any organization that is partnering with Vista. they are over controlling, insensitive and creepy. i would not be surprised if they did a background check, credit check, and blood work with a dna profile. And then not even have a job opening.

Interview Questions

• general and basic since recruiter does not know the companies he is representing products.   1 Answer

Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vista Equity Partners (Dallas, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a corporate recruiter at a Vista Equity Partner portfolio company in Dallas. After he saw that I was a good fit, I received an email linking to a questionnaire. The "questionnaire" turned out to be behavioral assessment exam. Despite what the behavioral assessment vendors may tell you, there is no hard science backing their effectiveness. Most MDs (real doctors) will tell you that using a behavioral assessment exam to identify good job candidates is quackery. This does not reflect well on Vista Equity Partners' HR department.

Interview Questions

• Here are some of the ridiculous statements that I was asked to indicate if I agree or disagree on the behavioral assessment exam:

"I worry about decisions I have made."
      "I am afraid of being rejected."
      "I am sociable and outgoing."
      "Throughout my life I have kept up with my peers socially."
      "I find life boring."
      "I am shy"   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vista Equity Partners (Chicago, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

applied online through posting. 4 days after applying I received an online link to an assessment that took about 30 mins, call with manager of HR, call with senior deal professional and in person interviews. In person interviews contained case study. I was able to take notes, but the questions did not require live calculations.

Interview Questions

• Why Vista? What is your 3/5/10 year plan? How can you leverage your current skill set in this role   Answer Question

Senior Events Manager Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Vista Equity Partners.

Interview

Was solicited by a recruiter to apply. Had two conversations by phone that went well. The role sounded very interesting. Took the online cognitive and personality test. I was then scheduled to take the cognitive test in the office. I did that and never heard another word so made the assumption that I failed the test. Very interesting hiring approach.

Interview Questions

• What type of experience do you have with creating internal processes that maximizes the event portfolio?   Answer Question

Executive Director Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Vista Equity Partners in September 2015.

Interview

Good set up by recruiter though they seem disorganized and no process. Lack of follow up is poor in letting candidates know where they stand or if position is filled.

Interview Questions

HRVP from Atlanta very arrogant and condescending. Lacked proper follow up in timely manner. Started discussions in September and dragged on until I became uninterested a few months later.