Vitamix Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Vitamix Interview Questions

Updated Apr 23, 2017

2.3

IT Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vitamix in March 2017.

Interview

I submitted an application online and heard back with an offer for an interview within a day. We set up a day and time for a phone interview and then....Nothing. I was never called when I was told I would be called for an interview, and when I emailed asking if we needed to reschedule, I was again ignored. I've never experienced such unprofessionalism before. Months later I received an email saying the position no longer exists.

Event Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Vitamix.

Interview

two or three phone calls. Was guaranteed a minimum amount of work, but never actually got that work.
    Was told a fictitious number for the average sales in the Orlando area. After I met the other workers, it was way lower. Every single one of us had to leave for other work because we couldn't afford to work. One of my co-workers actually slept in her car for 5 nights straight because she couldn't afford a hotel room while she was doing her job. Pitiful...

Interview Questions

• Are you confident in front of people while selling.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vitamix in January 2017.

Interview

I had 2 interviews. One on the phones and one in person. Both interviews you are asked behavioral type questions, "Tell me a time when you when above and beyond for a customer.".. Questions like that. For the in person interview there are two separate interviews with 3 managers in each. They all ask you questions about why you want the job, behavioral questions and just random ones. Then after the interviews you shadow someone on the phones to see how the job is done.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time where you went above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time where you dealt with a difficult customer?   Answer Question

Negotiation

You were able to negotiate, but I did not. I was satisfied with what they offered me the first time.

Assembler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Strongsville, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Vitamix (Strongsville, OH) in June 2016.

Interview

The process was great. Had a phone interview on day one the got called in to do a video call interview from a remote location, was administered a saliva drug test, then was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What kind of work environments are you used to?   Answer Question
    • How do you handle working with someone that you don't get along with?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever been assigned a task that you don't usually do? If so, how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very easy.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Strongsville, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Vitamix (Strongsville, OH) in April 2016.

Interview

I had a phone call screening that lasted about 15-20 minutes, then was invited for two in-person interviews. The first in-person interview consisted of me being interviewed by at least 3-5 different people in two rooms. Basically they went back and forth asking questions and then gave me time to ask questions of my own. The last interview was with the boss of the branch. I then received an email and phone call about the job offer.

Interview Questions

• What does customer service mean to you?
      Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      How did you resolve a difficult situation with someone?
      Tell us about a time you went above and beyond for someone.
      What's your experience, why are you interested in this position?
      Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Vitamix.

Interview

There was a total of 3 separate interviews. The first was with the former president and CEO. The second was a Panel interview with multiple managers. The third was another panel interview with different sets of managers from a multitude of departments.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vitamix.

Interview

It was very easy and simple. I went through a staffing agency at the end of my interview I was giving all my information. I did a cotton swap to check for tobacco. I filled put some papers.

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Vitamix (Cleveland, OH) in September 2015.

Interview

The application and interview process was slow and drawn out.After I submitted an online application, I received an email to have a phone interview shortly after. At the end of the phone call I was informed that they did not have a timeline for the next steps in the process. It spanned the length of about two months in total. I had two interviews with HR and a series of interviews with members of the department .

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vitamix in September 2015.

Interview

After submitting my resume, Vitamix reached out to me via email. Did an otherwise phone interview and sent in a video of myself and my perspective on Vitamix. I then filled out like 20 forms. Got hired shortly after.

Interview Questions

• If I would be willing to travel to the demonstration event.   1 Answer

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Vitamix (Cleveland, OH) in July 2015.

Interview

After answering several advertisements directly with emails and calls I did finally get an answer. The interview was all online with a personality test as well as some math and word problem questions. A phone call interview happened later the same week and I was called by several different people in the company.