Volt Payments Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Volt Payments Interview Questions

Interviews at Volt Payments

1.5

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Interview

This was not really an interview. The recruiter asked if I owned a phone, a car and a printer and then proceed to tell me how I can make money with them. I was the one who ended up asking the most questions about how they differentiate, etc.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Volt Payments in May 2013.

Interview

Pretty simple. I applied and got a call from a Regional Sales Manager. He went through all expectations, salary potential, etc. Went through very thorough initial training with their corporate trainer. Was in the field within a week. Get paid on time, what more could I want.

Interview Questions

• All traditional questions. I guess getting paid commission only, but their compensation was generous and I'm used to commission only as a rep for years   Answer Question
    • Weren't really any   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Volt Payments.

Interview

The company spams job boards with the exact same position. The position is always open in virtually every single place you can imagine. After calling the number associated with the posting, I spoke with a regional supervisor. This portion of the "interview" consisted of telling me about how much money i could make and how easy it was to cash in on their products and services. All of the answers to my questions were extremely vague.

Interview Questions

• They actually only asked me one question: Do you have business to business sales experience? I was shocked that this was the only question they asked me.   Answer Question

They have numerous negative reviews on multiple websites regarding the way in which they send sales representatives to potential customer meetings. In some cases the business owner did not even know the sales rep was coming to the :"pre-screened interview".

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Volt Payments (Saint Louis, MO) in February 2017.

Interview

Easy, they hire pretty much anybody that can hold a conversation and has sale experience. As I notice it's pretty standard that merchant service companies hire anybody off the street.

Interview Questions

• Nothing in particular was asked other than the status quo: "what sales experience do you have, etc."   1 Answer

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melville, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Volt Payments (Melville, NY) in December 2017.

Interview

Applied on line. Received a phone call to schedule an in-person interview for the following week. Interview was conducted by someone leaving the company. She explained the people she recruits are unprofessional and often lie. Environment seems shady. It was clear I was not interested

Interview Questions

• Have you interviewed people who are unprofessional and difficult to control?   1 Answer

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melville, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Volt Payments (Melville, NY) in April 2019.

Interview

normal interview in a conference room . interviewer was great. after questions and answers i sat with associates and watched them work. liked the people a lot. 2nd interview in a big office with a vp of some sort with managers coming and going throughout. questions were pointed but on point with what he wanted to know. i bowed out when the background check got silly. too long, hr said there was a problem, the background check service said everything was ok but that hr hadn't picked up the report to review it. weeks passed, lots of calls, lots of misinformation between hr and background check company. i have worked at 4 fortune 500 companies, have impeccable references and a great job history, only fault is 1 parking ticket in my entire life but kept hearing there was a problem. after the the background check service said the report had not been reviewed, i rec'd a job offer from another company and bowed out. integrity always - something really funky here. there is nothing to find in my background...bad vibe from that reflects on the entire company IMHO.

Interview Questions

• describe your background, tell me why you chose this job. why do you think would you be good at this   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Volt Payments (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Super easy and laid back. They don't sugar coat anything, up front, and honest. Been here for a few days. It's a fun upbeat atmosphere. The people are friendly and helpful. The managers check on you to make sure everything is ok, if you need help. I love It so far

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melville, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Volt Payments (Melville, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Easy interview, basic questions. Just answer honesty and be truthful about your experience and you will be fine. The questions are pretty straight forward and pretty easy to answer as they apply to your experience and your career.