W. P. Carey Interview Questions | Glassdoor

W. P. Carey Interview Questions

2.9

Internal Wholesaler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at W. P. Carey (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

Got the interview through a recruiter. Met with the sales desk manager and HR. Both interviews lasted about 30 minutes. Most of the interview with the HR individual was me asking questions.

Marketing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at W. P. Carey (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

My interview was an in-person with an HR representative. I found the job through a recruiter.
    The woman I interviewed with was incredibly nice and made the process as painless as possible. I declined to move on to the next stage due to another offer elsewhere, but told them what a wonderful company they appeared to be. The next stage would have been a personality test then, an interview with people directly in the marketing department.

Interview Questions

• Very basic questions in line with any marketing position.   Answer Question

Another job offer.

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at W. P. Carey (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

3 rounds of interview. Interviewed with SVPs and EDs. Each interview was about 45 minutes. Met with SVPs the same day, and then the ED on a different day. Interviewed with HR as well.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at W. P. Carey (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

I thought my HR interviewer established an immediate comfortable rapport, which made the interview feel overall less intimidating. Further, I did not sense any unfairness in how my interview was handled. I believe this is a sign that W.P. Carey has hired competent folks to oversee their hiring process, which probably was not as fair before (per other reviews). It seems like the management changes somewhat addressed in other reviews are improving the hiring process and the culture at W.P. Carey, if there were any problems before in those items, which I can only assess from an outsider's perspective and based on my perusal of other reviews on Glassdoor.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at W. P. Carey (New York, NY).

Interview

I was called in by outside recruiter, came in and met with them for 30 mins and it was nothing but positive as I knew the work and come from Investment Banking background. Afterwards speaking with the recruiters I went in to interview with the company, as soon as I sat down I was basically rush out of the office. Wow it was one of the worst interview of my life as I wasted money coming in, as well as taking a day off from work to come into the city. Later I was told I did not have the presence for the role, meaning I was not White enough. I also found out from one of their vendors that it's truly a Good old boys club here at WP Carey, including the White females.

Interview Questions

• None - read the reviews in glass door, one of the worst company to work for if you are not of certain kind as they do not really hire minorities in this company.   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at W. P. Carey (New York, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

Met with a young woman to discuss the role. She asked why I was interested in the position and the company. Mostly discussed how well qualified I was for the role. She asked a lot of very redundant questions. I later learned she was new to her position. I didn't get an offer and suspect it had to do with her own nervousness. I thought I answered her questions well and was more than qualified for the role.

Interview Questions

• Why our company? Who else are you interviewing with?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at W. P. Carey in June 2014.

Interview

pretty standard back to back interviews. phone screen then in person then in the office.Flight was paid for.

Sales Desk Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at W. P. Carey (New York, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

I was contacted by a headhunter to interview for the position, but she was very vague about it and didn't even have a job description. I was told that it was basically a training position where you would work for a few months and get licensed then move into an internal wholesale role. The interview was supposed to be with a manager first and then a woman from HR but instead I met with both at the same time. They asked basic questions about my resume and why I was interested in sales. The manager asked all the questions and the HR rep. just listened in and answered questions that I had. Got a call 2 weeks after that they decided to go with a more experienced candidate.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really difficult, why are you interested in sales and why would you be good at it?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at W. P. Carey (New York, NY) in April 2010.

Interview

Interviewed in April for a position that had been open since January. Met with HR then hiring manager. The interviews went well, everyone was pleasant and I seemed to have all of the qualities they were looking for. However, I was surprised to learn I had to take a personality test (Caliper) which apparently they place heavy emphasis on. I was instructed to answer honestly and go with my first instinct. I did but apparently my responses weren't what they were looking for because I was told they couldn't proceed with my application due to the results of the test. Now I understand why it has taken so long to fill the position. Personally, I think you learn more about a person within the first minute of a conversation than a dumb test.

Interview Questions

• Have you had a chance to visit our Web site? Did anything stand out to you? Why?   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at W. P. Carey.

Interview

Interview with the recruiter - very nice and easy. Be yourself. After few days, invitation for the online questionnaire (personal) and final interview with the management. All went smooth and friendly.