W. R. Berkley Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

Sort:

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at W. R. Berkley (New York, NY) in June 2013.

Interview

A phone interview with the hiring manager followed by a face-to-face interview with the hiring manager, the senior manager and the members of the team. The interview was focused primarily on how I would fit with the team followed by my experience with the technologies deployed within the organization.

Interview Questions

• Please explain a career regret that you have had at some point in you career.   Answer Question

Underwriting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at W. R. Berkley (Atlanta, GA) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied for the job and was scheduled an office interview about two or three weeks after applying. Very relaxed interview. Had three interviewers who asked the basic and typical interview questions. I was told they would contact me within two weeks to let me know if I would be receiving the position.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at W. R. Berkley (New York, NY) in May 2012.

Interview

The process was fairly straight forward. Both interviews were conducted via a panel and also one on one. The office was fairly small at the time so not only did you meet with your manager but also with the team. This was a good experience it is always good to get a feel if you will be a good fit within the corporate culture.

Interview Questions

• What was something I wish I could change about my previous employer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was little negotiation to begin with but the company has grown so I am sure that has changed now.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at W. R. Berkley (Houston, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

First there was a phone interview, then an office interview with 2 people at the same time followed. I was told I'd be contacted in a week...it's been almost a month and I still haven't heard anything. All my e-mails and calls have also not been returned. At least have the common decency to let me know what's going on if you're going to waste my time like that.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult. For the most part they wanted to know how much I knew about the position, what kind of environment I was comfortable working in, and some of the other basic questions. Very easy interview   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at W. R. Berkley (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very standard, I had numerous phone calls with HR at first. Then moved to a phone interview with a manager where more specific industry skills were discussed. Next was an in person interview with two managers where we discussed in detail the role as well as my background.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woodbridge, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at W. R. Berkley (Woodbridge, VA) in October 2009.

Interview

There are 3 rounds of interviews with different levels of management. It involves puzzles and logical reasoning questions. Lot of importance is paid to communication and presentation skills. The company has a open door policy and they would like the candidate to fit in with the culture

Negotiation

Not much negotiation

Systems Engineer Interview

Interview

Interviewer and HR dept. seemed to lack a lot of knowledge for the position details or understanding of actual job responsibilities, poor explanation of Bonus program/Benefits

Interview Questions

• Least amount of money you would accept   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at W. R. Berkley (Atlanta, GA) in June 2015.

Interview

Usually interview questions, asked about background, future outlook, no hard or unusual questions. Straightforward and honest interview by one person. Took 20 minutes. The interviewer shared life experience and gave me the offer the same day. The interview process began as a phone call to prescreen, then an in person interview with one manager, I received an offer pending drug test, and background check.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation phase

Vice President Interview

Interview

Very friendly and helpful people with logistics and the interview process. Well organized and had me meet a good variety of employees from different functions and levels.

Interview Questions

• I cannot recall a question that was difficult or unexpected   Answer Question

Claims Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in The Colony, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at W. R. Berkley (The Colony, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

Interview process was very short, and allowed for no personal interaction

Interview Questions

• Asked about changing resume style   1 Answer