WEST Interview Questions | Glassdoor

WEST Interview Questions

Updated Sep 1, 2017

2.0

Employee Relations Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at WEST in April 2016.

Interview

I received an e-mail from a Sourcer for West around 4/1 who quickly passed my resume to a recruiter who set up a phone screen for 4/12 which lasted about 45 minutes. She sent a request for a writing sample on Employee Relations issues which took me about 2 hours. A second phone screen was scheduled for 4/19 with Hiring Manager. Another 45 minutes testing my knowledge of employment law and how I would handle various scenarios. After that things went dead until the recruiter e-mailed on 5/18 – one month later – asking if I was still interested and scheduled a 3rd phone screen with the VP of Employee Relations. After scheduling for 5/18 VP decides she will be out for the rest of the week and wants to reschedule for the following week. (I have to reschedule other interviews to accommodate but I do) By now it all feels like overkill, but I spent the whole weekend preparing anyhow. Another two weeks for the final e-mail that I wasn’t selected. Whole thing took 2 months. Looking back everything after the 2nd phone screen was a waste of time. I wish I had turned down the request for a 3rd interview. Whole thing took just over 2 months.

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at WEST (Albany, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

Some common questions be asked. Talk about your previous sales experience. What project you have been handled.What is your weakness? Do you like to working in a team?overall, it is a average difficulty interview

Interview Questions

• What is your ideal working condition? How do you communicate with people?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at WEST (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Interview process was a phone interview where they asked you questions about your experience and how you handle certain scenarios when it comes to the customer service industry. It was fairly an average process.

Interview Questions

• How much experience have you had in customer service   1 Answer

IT Security Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at WEST (Omaha, NE) in August 2015.

Interview

One of the internal HR at West found my resume on the web and sent the resume to the hiring manager. The hiring manger requested an interview which was set up through HR.

Interview Questions

• Interviewer asked what I did at each of the jobs and why I had left.
      Interviewer asked what my biggest challenge was.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Beaumont, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at WEST (Beaumont, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online and 2 day later I received a call from the recruiter. Completed a phone interview that same day (Monday) and was told to come in for a face to face interview with 2 forms of I.D. Took 2 quizzes in the hiring office and passed both tests. Did the 1st interview with the recruiter & went with a seasoned rep to listen to calls. Completed a 2nd interview with a supervisor & was offered the position. Had to complete the W4 form and then received the information to go take a drug test. I was in the office for 3 hours but at least everything was accomplished at one time vs coming back and forth for interviews. Not a complicated experience at all though.

Interview Questions

• On a scale of 1 to 5 how would you rate your confidence & why?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to deal with an angry customer, how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • What do you plan to gain from working with out company?   Answer Question

Negotiation

It's an outsourcing company so negotiating income is not really an option. Every starts at the same rate.

Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at WEST (El Paso, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

Phone interview, questions Second interview with one of the area managers
    The manager was really helpful and they explain the job in detail and gave you feedback to your questions.
    There are steps fill out the app online in their office
    Then wait a bit for feedback on what positions you can further on with
    Phone screen/ phone interview with questions given to you
    Face to face with one of the floor managers

Interview Questions

• What makes great customer service?
      Would you further on even if the customer said no
      Do you have any obligations currently that would prevent you from missing work in the first 90 days?
      Have you ever had a job that you had to meet quotas ?   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at WEST.

Interview

filled out a basic two page application, 20 minute interview, typing and internet navigation test The interviewer was very nice. It has been two and a half years so I don't have more details.

Call Center Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WEST in March 2015.

Interview

For the pay that's offered, it was pretty intense and kind of over the top. It starts with a phone interview to gauge your interest, followed by an initial interview, then a third interview in which I had to do a sales presentation. There was also the skills test that weeded out folks: customer service, computer skills, and technical skills. You basically take that during the application processes.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation. It's a take it or leave kind of situation.

IT Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at WEST (Omaha, NE) in February 2015.

Interview

They only asked a few very basic questions that I breezed through, and in the end the interview went like this: Do you want the job? Yes I do.Great, you're hired!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was none

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at WEST (Omaha, NE) in January 2015.

Interview

I felt welcomed:) the women at HR are understanding and willing to help you find yr fit:)
    I love those ladies!!! They will go through whay to expect when you go into the second interview