WSIB Interview Questions | Glassdoor

WSIB Interview Questions

Updated Sep 14, 2017

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WSIB in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online at WSIB for a customer service rep position. I was called by HR for a brief phone interview a few weeks later - person was friendly. Then got asked to come in to do a skills test - basically just asked about your customer service experience and how you would handle certain customers. Following that, HR asked me to come in for an in-person interview with two employees. They were very nice and I felt the interview went well however HR never followed up to tell me whether I got the position or not - which is very unprofessional. Also, I was informed at the END of the interview that there was no position actually available at that moment..they were just interviewing people to gain a pool of qualified candidates in case a position did come up. I asked how long it might take for a potential position to open and they said it could take up to 6 months. On some of their job ads they explicitly say this position is for potential future opportunities but that was not the case in for this particular ad/position or else I wouldnt have bothered going through this process.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had a difficult with a co-worker   Answer Question

Business Assistant II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at WSIB (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Work sample which consists of excel and MS word test (fairly straightforward) followed by in person interview. Need experience with reading and preparing budgets and conducting variance analysis this was also on work sample.

They prefer to hire someone internally for this role. It is nonunionized

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral type questions. Nothing too intense.

How do you keep private and confidential information away from peers and coworkers?   Answer Question

Senior Specialist, Infrastructure Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WSIB (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

First got a phone interview, then set up face to face interview. The questions are standard and straight forward. THe interviewers are professional and very knowledgeable. The interview was going smoothly.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at WSIB (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

phone call, followed by standardised testing, followed by in person interview, followed by further testing. I feel like the interviewers did not like the fact that I was a lawyer, and felt that I would not stay long in the position.

Statistician - Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at WSIB (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in July 2016.

Interview

It took 2 hours. They gave me a paper and asked me to answer some questions about that and then make a presentation in one hour. Then 3 persons came and I presented my summary of the paper for them and they asked me lots of questions. Later they asked me some general questions and behavioral questions. I also asked them some of my questions. I felt it was a candidacy exam for a PhD program. I almost answered all the questions very well. Then today after 2 weeks, I saw they posted the job again on their website. I emailed them about my status, they didn't even respond to tell me we don't consider you for next step. No professional.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WSIB.

Interview

Applied with a social services management based resume. Quickly contacted by HR. Phone interview consisted of 'describe a your experience fielding multiple phone calls' and other questions related to expectations for the position. Again quickly contacted for assessment. Pay attention to time limits during 60 minute test. Pay close attention to recording as well. 2 seconds of mindays wandering will lose you points in the following test.

Interview Questions

• Performance feedback - essay question - explain personal experiences and explain value of feedback   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at WSIB (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2016.

Interview

Quick process. Broken down into four phases. Heard back from their Talent Acquisition right away. Everyone - interviewers, proctors, and HR - were all very nice and personable. Just completed the panel interview. Waiting to hear back.

Note: No option to select 'still unknown' for outcome below, so just selected 'Yes, received offer and accepted.'

Eligibility Adjudicator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WSIB.

Interview

I applied online, received an email the next day regarding a phone interview. Testing was arranged for the following week, which included a behavioural/situational assessment, an active listening exercise and a Watson-Glaser test at WSIB headquarters. Following the test, I was asked to complete a written component. I did not make it to the panel interview.

Account Analyst Interview

Application

Interview

Phone screening followed by written work sample and in person interview. Work sample questions require some very easy math (i.e. If 6 apples cost $3.00 how much does 1 apple cost?). There are also questions that might require reading a conversation between a WSIB Employee and a customer and you have to summarize the conversation into one brief note. May also have to write a fake email.

Interview is completely behavioural based. You will most likely be questioned on conflict resolution, communication, influencing, etc.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to deal with an irate person?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at WSIB (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2016.

Interview

The phone interview was horrible. The HR person talked like robot and read the questions off a script. Very awkward. Would be more effective to have an in-person interview. The questions were not clear and very vague.

Interview Questions

• There was a question about your customer service experience which was vague and unclear.   1 Answer