Web International English Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Web International English

1.9

Sort:

Ielts Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Web International English in January 2016.

Interview

mock teaching in front of employers. they will pretend to be your student. You can choose to teach listening, reading, speaking or writing. do interact with your students. apply if you really like students and teacher's job.

ESL Teacher Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Web International English.

Interview

If you are a legal resident living in the country, you can approach the employer in person to arrange an interview. Or, you can email the company HQ to express your interest, at which point you may be contacted via Skype or other video phone-call software.

Interview Questions

• Q: What previous experience do you have teaching or inside the classroom?   Answer Question

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shenyang, Liaoning (China)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Web International English (Shenyang, Liaoning (China)) in August 2016.

Interview

My first interview was not with the hiring manager, but with an administrator to whom I had been connected by a former coworker. After speaking with her I was passed on to the hiring manager/lead Chinese teacher. I was unofficially hired and put to work well before a contract was signed.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to change jobs?   1 Answer

Foreign Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Web International English (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)) in November 2013.

Interview

I was interviewed (briefly) by one of the Chinese HR staff members, then she immediately put me through to the second round, which was with a Teacher Trainer (native English speaker). He already had my resume, and basically just asked me where I was currently working and why I wanted to leave.

Interview Questions

• Think of a lesson you taught that you're particularly proud of and describe it.   Answer Question

English Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wuxi, Jiangsu (China)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Web International English (Wuxi, Jiangsu (China)).

Interview

It was a simple sit-down interview with the education supervisor. I did a 20 minute demo class and that was it. The questions were very basic. It was more of a chat rather than an interview. I felt very comfortable and confident during the process.

English Language Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beijing, Beijing (China)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Web International English (Beijing, Beijing (China)) in January 2018.

Interview

Two rounds of the interview process. First round, they asked me very basic questions about why I applied for the job. The second round was conducted by the education director who asked about my teaching style. Seem to ignore that I said I didn't have any and continued to ask me questions about my experiences as a teacher.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to teach in Shanghai? What are common grammar and pronunciation problems that you have noticed that Chinese students have?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about our company?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about an issue that came about while teaching, and how you dealt with it?   Answer Question
    • What are common grammar and pronunciation problems that you have noticed that Chinese students have?   Answer Question

English Teacher Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Web International English.

Interview

I got an international phone call from HQ to the UK. Had the interview on the phone. Then within 2-3 weeks, got a response. Then arranged with HR on arrival date and visa documentation. The school will help arrange for accommodation (motel) during first weeks in China, but you pay yourself.

Interview Questions

• Some general background questions, and my CELTA training. Are you comfortable with Business English?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Set package for Teachers, no negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Web International English (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)) in December 2012.

Interview

It is pretty simple. If you are a native English speaker, you will more than likely get the job. Unfortunately, there are no labor laws, so they do not usually like Asians or Black people. The stereotypical teacher they are looking for is White or something similar. They will ask you to do a demo class to see how you perform. They will give you the material to teach from for the demo and give you about 20 minutes to come up with a 30-minute lesson. Look at the material carefully. Highlight the main points. And have fun in the classroom. It is pretty easy. Most people get hired.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a student was having a difficult time learning?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiation. They offer you a standard contract and you accept the job or decline. Ever foreign teacher makes the same amount as every other foreign teacher in that city, who works for Web that is.

English Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Web International English (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in May 2013.

Interview

It was a skype interview. Very straight forward, was asked about my experience, eligibility for a visa and my current work situation. It was more a case of getting to know me than strict testing of my capabilities. It was enjoyable and pleasant.

Anonymous Employee in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Web International English (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)) in January 2012.

Interview

Extremely easy, as for most chain schools. They are listening for your accent, your experience, and whether or not you are obviously insane. Answer their questions intelligently and you'll get the job, even without experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult teaching situation that you overcame.   1 Answer

Negotiation

None, as for most ESL schools. However, I did get to choose what part of Shanghai I wanted to work in, and interview teachers at the different schools.