Webroot Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Webroot Interview Questions

Updated Apr 11, 2017

2.4

Procedure Writer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Webroot in March 2017.

Interview

I had applied to this job in September and promptly received a rejection email. Then in February, I received an email saying the position had reopened. I reapplied and made it to the online interview. I spent about an hour writing out three essay responses. A few days later, I had a call from HR and had an informal 30 minute screening. The man in HR wanted to set up a phone interview with the manager for the position during the time I would be driving home from work. I also had an appointment that day that would be cutting it close, but he was insistent that he wanted to "get me in asap." Reluctantly, I agreed. Signal was bad during the call and the call dropped. I had another call rescheduled (and rushed to get home to avoid having spotty signal or being distracted by driving), and was asked to come onsite for a panel interview. I had explained that my current job is 33 miles away, and if I left work early, I could make the 3 hour long panel interview by 2:30. Nonetheless, the email confirmation for the interview had the time as 2:15. I took time off work and managed to get to the interview early.

The interview consisted of a half hour conversation with 6 different people. The first person gave me a good description of what was expected, and what qualities they were looking for. I was not asked many questions about my background, and I supplied verbatim examples of how I possessed those qualities. That was the most "interview-like" part of the whole process. There was a mistake in scheduling and the next person didn't come for 20 minutes. I sat by myself for half of that. The questions asked were very basic and not too probing of my skills or experience (nothing beyond: "What did you do at that job?").

I gave hard copies of my resume to all 6 people and showed my portfolio. The final interview went well and I was told I'd hear back within a week. After two weeks went by, I figured I wasn't going to be offered the job (and my feelings weren't hurt by that). BUT it took FIVE WEEKS before I received an email which basically said: This is a courtesy email to let you know the position has been filled. Keep checking the site for jobs. Thank you for your interest.

I could not believe how unprofessional Webroot was throughout the interview process. I want to say that everyone I spoke to in person was very friendly, and I hope the issue lies with the HR department and their protocol (or perhaps even lack thereof). I have no misgivings about not being the person hired, but to send a cold, automated email five weeks later after putting me through an online interview, 2 (technically 3) phone interviews, and a 3 hour in person interview that I had to miss work for?? Without so much as a "thank you for your time, we appreciated speaking with you?"

As I said, the employees that were part of the in-person interview were friendly and all highly recommended working for the company. I don't mean to discourage anyone from applying. But I do hope it makes the HR team realize it's damaging to a company's reputation when they treat people poorly--even if the people are only potential employees.

Senior IT Support/Systems Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Broomfield, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Webroot (Broomfield, CO) in January 2017.

Interview

Unbelievably unprofessional and insulting first-round screening:

Screener/Recruiter contacts me by email 4 weeks after applying and hearing nothing and says "Hey, I really need to meet with you TODAY because my hiring manager wants to meet with you next week and I have to meet with you first, can you take a call right now?"

After some going back and forth I make some time for him

Within 5 minutes he's trying to talk me down 15% on my expected salary which I allow him to do in order to find out more about the job...

Then within 10 minutes he's lecturing me on my 20% work from home need as though it's completely unreasonable that a tenured (20 years in the industry) senior engineering position candidate would ask for such a thing. He literally said:

"Pretend I'm you're new boss and you're trying to tell me that you need to work from home one day a week and I'm supposed to believe that you're actually working."

I told him that I didn't get a senior engineering position by billing people for time that I don't work and that nobody else I've interviewed with has this problem and that it's obviously not a good fit.

Un-real. I completely understand that some types of jobs you just can't do from home but otherwise in the year 2017 that someone would: a.) Have that attitude about working from home and b.) Have that extreme lack of respect and professionalism at such a big, established company.

Fire your entire recruiting firm, Webroot, and start over. You will end up with all the wrong people.

Interview Questions

• Please explain your relevant experience   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Webroot in January 2017.

Interview

I applied through Glassdoor. The process took more than two weeks due to the holidays. Interview is very professional and the team made it easy. They really know what to ask and maintained good rapport and thereby maintained good relationship throughout the process.

Interview Questions

• QA Processes, Agile/Scrum Process, Cloud Testing, RESTful Services and Performance Testing Questions. Overall, the questions are job related. Questions are some are easy and some are difficult.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Webroot in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by a recruiter that works with the company. After a phone interview with said recruiter, we setup onsite. One of them did not know array size should be fixed. One of them ask difference between expected value and mean. In a word, if you want to work with smart person, do not even waste your time with them.

Scrum Master Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Webroot in June 2016.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by a recruiter that works with the company. After a phone interview with said recruiter, we setup a meeting with the hiring manager. The manager missed our first interview appointment with no contact to let me know that it was cancelled. When we setup a follow up appointment they called me over an hour late for the interview. The interview itself seemed to go well, and I was told they would follow up with me the following week. The promised follow up was a form email from the recruiting firm's software package telling me that the position was closed. No other information was given, and when I tried to follow up with the recruiter for feedback I was ignored.

This experience made me rather sad, as the company seemed really great and my interview with the hiring manager and the recruiter was very positive and the experience up to that point had been very personal. To then be served with a computer generated email that simply told me the position was closed was very jarring.

Interview Questions

• What is the first thing you would do when assigned to an already established scrum team?   1 Answer

Manager Level Interview

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Webroot in January 2016.

Interview

First off, I really enjoyed all of my discussions with everyone involved in the interview process. The interview gauntlet is intensive to say the least. I just wish I didn't go through 13 separate interviews and 9+ hours of my time only to be told I'm asking for too much in the end. Would've been nice to know that was an issue prior to all this is all I'm saying. The process had many rollercoaster moments, partly due to the recruiter, but ultimately ended as a no-go because of the reason mentioned prior.

The interview process, although extremely comprehensive, is a good way to validate consistency in your answers and ensure you have a decent repoire with everyone you may be working with.

Interview Questions

• What skills can you bring to the table if we hire you?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Webroot.

Interview

Brace yourself for a technical interview. Don't write anything on your resume that you don't have any knowledge of (IE programming languages or skills) because the engineers interviewing you will be able to tell that you're bluffing.

Interview Questions

• Know your programming languages   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Broomfield, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Webroot (Broomfield, CO) in July 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter then hiring manager. In person interview a week later w/ hiring mgr & cross functional teams. Hiring Mgr wasn't very personable during the interview - very business focused. Other interviews were.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions - what did you do when... how did you handle X in this situation...how do you stay organized...   Answer Question

Negotiation

Recruiter told me what the range was prior to interview, so I told him what I was looking for. Hiring Manager called with the salary I gave the recruiter.

Sales Related Interview

Anonymous Employee in Broomfield, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Webroot (Broomfield, CO) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online
    About 3 weeks later the recruiter contacted me to discuss skills / experience
    I had an hour long phone interview w/ hiring manager
    I had an in person interview with 6 people, done individually

Interview Questions

• Tell me 3 positive & negative things about yourself?   1 Answer

Sales Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Broomfield, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Webroot (Broomfield, CO) in June 2015.

Interview

Pretty Simple. Got referred by a friend and just got asked behavioral questions and about stuff on my resume. First thing they did was reach out to me on a phone call to see where I was at in my internship search, and what I wanted to do with my summer. They brought me in a couple days later to meet the the hiring manager and had a 1:1 on site interview.