Webtrends Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 8, 2017

2.4

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Webtrends (Portland, OR).

Interview

Started with a phone interview then 2 in-person interviews - first with HR & hiring manager, second with people on the team. They gave me a tour of the office as well as an overview of some of the internal processes and how the company celebrates success.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you worked with a difficult client and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Portland Office Position Interview

Interview

All in all the interviews were pretty standard. No questions were too challenging.

The thing that I found most odd about the process was that my first interview was on the phone, and I had the opportunity to describe my ideal work environment, coworkers and so on.

The answer I gave was something about how I am seeking a company that embraces their culture and invests in their employees happiness at work, that I am most productive in a creative office space, with an open-desk atmosphere. I was told that what I described "sounded a lot like Webtrends"

To my surprise, when I went in for my in person interview, this was not the case. The office was rather dated with cubicles, fluorescent lights, some candy and business casual outfits.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Long day of interviewing - from 10am until 5pm, including lunch.
    Panel interviews with software engineers / the people who would work with me, centered almost entirely on whiteboarding & technical questions. Some people on the panel were remote (through skype or equivalent).
    A very long interview by the engineering manager - thorough, apparently centered on figuring out where I might fit on their staffing plan, figuring out where my interests and natural inclinations lie. Excellent poker face, he was careful not to give indications as to what he was looking for. He was very constant about avoiding small talk / connecting on another level than the interview / attempts at humor, and redirecting towards his agenda of questions. That was rather draining.
    A last interview which I completely flunked, essentially asking about my current job and what I would do differently. The flunking was my entire fault; the interview was on the phone which prevented me (absence of embarassed glares and body language) from even realizing how badly this was going.

Interview Questions

• After I critiqued a system at my (then) current company, I was asked how I would do differently if given the reins. I was essentially blank. The position was precisely about doing that sort of thinking. Duh.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Webtrends (Seattle, WA).

Interview

A typical 4+ hour interview cycle. I met with 4+ members of various teams as well as my would-be manager and another person in the department. The whiteboarding was pretty light and most questions seemed more geared toward my personality rather than technical ability. Some of the management seemed a little young and/or not qualified to be interviewing me.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult thing I have ever had to complete?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I asked for more money and got it.

Research Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Webtrends (Seattle, WA) in May 2012.

Interview

Referred by my professor. One onset interview. Asked about what I doing in school, and some statistics questions

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiable

Application

I interviewed at Webtrends (Portland, OR) in March 2012.

Interview

I met with Webtrends recruiters at a Career Fair on my college campus and applied to a job there. After a screening interview followed by a few more in-depth phone interviews I finally made it in for an onsite interview. It was slightly disorganized, but the people I interviewed with were wonderful. My only complaint was the fact that it took around a month to hear back with their final decision after the onsite interview, though they did keep me updated throughout that time period.

Interview Questions

• I was asked a pretty straight forward brain teaser during my last phone interview, which they said they don't normally do, but because I put that I was a logical problem solver on my resume they couldn't resist the opportunity to. It was the following "There are 20 different socks of two types in a drawer in a completely dark room. What is the minimum number of socks you should grab to ensure you have a matching pair?"   5 Answers

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Webtrends (Portland, OR) in August 2011.

Interview

Answered a series of ads over time. It took months to get an interview, but once I did it was very quick. It seemed that they had already made their decision when I walked in. Hired for a contract position.

Interview Questions

• How does your previous experience relate to this position?   Answer Question

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Webtrends (Seattle, WA) in August 2010.

Interview

I applied via the company website and got notice of a request to speak on the phone roughly one week later. I schedule the phone interview about 4 days after being first contacted, and the talk lasted about 45 minutes. Then, after hearing feedback directly on the phone, I was sent an email expressing interest in an in-person interview. This was schedule for roughly a week after the phone chat.

The phone chat consisted of really high-level questions: interest in company, interest in position, experience with Excel, analytics, future goals, etc. The in-person was also very comfortable and informal, and it had more to do with situational interactions and understanding the "fit" of myself to this job.

Overall very good experience.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Webtrends (Portland, OR) in July 2010.

Interview

I heard about this job and asked a current employee to submit my resume. Was contacted right away and told that the employee referral put me on the "top of the stack" of resumes.

Over a nearly 2 month period, I interviewed 3 times with 3 different people. Was then told that I should expect a 4th and possibly 5th interview with more individuals.

Despite having the required experience, background and skills, I was told that they didn't have any candidates that fit their needs. I noticed the job was re-posted online in the last few days.

This company obviously has no clue what they are looking for. I a friend of mine also interviewed for this job and is also incredibly qualified but apparently still not what they are looking for.

Proceed with caution....you have to wonder about a company that can't make a hiring decision despite multiple, more than qualified candidates.

Interview Questions

• If you were asked to recommend product re-pricing, what information would you need for the analysis?   1 Answer
    • How much money are you expecting to make in your next job?   1 Answer

SEM Analyst for Ad Director Product/Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Bruno, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Webtrends (San Bruno, CA) in December 2009.

Interview

Was made to jump thru a few hoops during interview process and in the end, hiring manager wasn't courteous enough to let me know I didn't get the position (going on 2 months since last contact).

4 questions in interview:

1. how many golf balls fit in a 747
    2. why are manhole covers round
    3. use 8 equal length lines to create 3 squares
    4. use 5 lines (any length), draw 5 equalat. triangles

also had to come up with SEM stratagy and site analysis for this site go-today.com

Interview Questions

• 1. how may golfballs fit in 747
      2. why manhole covers round   2 Answers