Werner Enterprises Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Werner Enterprises Interview Questions

Updated Sep 17, 2018

2.1

Company Driver Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Werner Enterprises.

Interview

Never had an interview, hired out of Driving School, no direct contact until orientation class at terminal.

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Werner Enterprises (Columbus, OH) in April 2011.

Interview

I simply called the recruiting department in Omaha Nebraska and spoke with a recruiter who explained the basics of the operation and what jobs were available to someone with my experience. After going to orientation in Ohio, I was assigned a newer truck and dispatched onto the open board, where I stayed for the majority of my time there.

Interview Questions

• How often do you want to go home?   1 Answer

OTR Driver Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Werner Enterprises.

Interview

It was a joke. Check your pee during orientation. Acted like you were going for a high security government job. A real bunch of quacks.

Interview Questions

• When was the last time you dis drugs?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Werner Enterprises (Denver, CO) in March 2012.

Interview

Got a CDL? No felony convictions? your hired

Interview Questions

• No difficult or unexpected questions, if you meet basic qualifications they take you...they pump HUGE numbers of trainees through their company   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation...they specified a certain Cents-per-mile-rate, take it or leave it!

OTR Driver Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Werner Enterprises.

Interview

Unfriendly, typical of trucking recruiters once you show interest. Like the rest of the company later, midnight really listen well to my questions. Had to restate questions several times, and she wasn't patient to answer me politely.

Interview Questions

• Standard trucking questions   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Laredo, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Werner Enterprises (Laredo, TX).

Interview

no interviews. you apply them then they will call & tell you are prehired. i took a 3 day orientation them placed right away for training so make sure you pack all your stuffs when u coming for the orientation.

Negotiation

n\a

OTR Truck Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Werner Enterprises (Tulsa, OK) in March 2015.

Interview

I submitted an application and was contacted within a few days. I passed all their preliminary requirements right away and asked that they do an official background check. I have no intention of going off to orientation then finding out I dont meet their standards and have to find a way home. They informed me that they were currently doing just that and after a few minutes offered me a position in orientation. This process took more than one over the phone conversation but all considered it was about an hour total.

Interview Questions

• They call me often just to ask if I have any new questions   1 Answer

Cdl Class A Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dover, DE

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Werner Enterprises (Dover, DE) in January 2017.

Interview

very good nice people overall ok i mean its trucking its not to complicated all though on the other hand its not that easy but it being all didgital and almost no paperwork

Class A Truck Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Werner Enterprises (Omaha, NE) in January 2014.

Interview

It was simple, easy and met with my expectations. The interview itself was over the phone. Once accepted, I was transported via rental car with another driver to Omaha for orientation and driver evaluation.

Werner operates their own motel for their drivers. So they put you up while in orientation.

Interview Questions

• How do I like working unsupervised?   1 Answer

Class A Truck Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fontana, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Werner Enterprises (Fontana, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

They send you to one of their terminals for orientation and cbt classes. They will do drug tests and set you up with a motel room. Once orientation is done. They will set you up with a trainer.