Werner Enterprises Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Werner Enterprises

2.2

Management Trainee Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Werner Enterprises (Omaha, NE).

Interview

Met at a career fair then did a Zoom video call with recruiter and two managers. Nice process because can do the interview over video chat instead of traveling to Omaha. Relatively normal interview questions that you can prepare for beforehand.

Interview Questions

• Describe yourself. Why do you want to work for Werner? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Tell us about your experience.   Answer Question

Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Werner Enterprises in July 2019.

Interview

A recruiter reached out via LinkedIn. Had a phone interview and didn't hear from the interviewer for 2 months. I finally reached back out and we set up a time for a "quick chat". At the start of the phone call she joked about how she couldn't find my resume, but eventually found it under papers on her desk, this is very unprofessional. After our call, we set up a webcam interview. Following this, I didn't hear anything for another two months despite being told I would hear something in less than 1 month. I followed up again, and was told the hiring managers needed until mid-September to decide how many people they could take on. Well, it's currently mid-October, and I haven't heard a peep. This recruiter has been very unprofessional throughout this whole process and if I get an offer, I will promptly decline because of this behavior.

Interview Questions

• If I was to be one part on either the truck or the trailer, which would I be and why?   1 Answer

Logistics Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Werner Enterprises (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2019.

Interview

I first met the company representatives at a career fair and I submitted my resume to them. I was invited for and an interview for the first and second time but unfortunately wasn't offered the job. In

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me more about the projects you done?   1 Answer

Transportation Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Werner Enterprises in August 2018.

Interview

I applied For the job on Glassdoor. I heard from them two weeks later. First we started sending emails to set up an interview then we did the video interview a week later. Still waiting to hear back from them. It’s been almost two weeks now.

Team Trucker Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Werner Enterprises in June 2018.

Interview

I received the job while at trucking school. They are a company hiring people right out of trucking school. Pass a drug test, background check, and get your CDL, and you got a job

Logistics Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Werner Enterprises (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Phone screening, then round one video conference with HR, second round video conference with head trainer. Then offer letter to follow a few days later. Was contacted to discuss pay, they do not negotiate much.

Interview Questions

• if you were part of a car, what part would you be?   1 Answer

Class A Truck Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mobile, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Werner Enterprises (Mobile, AL) in February 2018.

Interview

Did not take long more verified that I had Class A license and was pretty much offered job following Physical, Drug screen and back ground check. Once you submit online a recruiter will contact you about job. They dont tell you how long you have to wait for a trainer if you are new (took me 2 weeks to get a non smoking trainer) Some less but bee prepared to wait before starting training after orientation.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a Class A Commercial Drivers license?   1 Answer
    • Have you ever been convicted of a Felony?   1 Answer

Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Werner Enterprises (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

Spoke with recruiter on phone than in person at my truck driving school. As per the request of my recruiter I faxed an application from the school. Never heard from Werner and the recruiter didn’t get my information or application. After hearing the recruiter say not to drive to terminal for orientation but to take bus which my ticket would be paid for. Declined offer as I don’t want to take a greyhound bus to Werner, they don’t want you jumping ship that’s why they bus you in.

Interview Questions

• How often do you want to be home?. What type of driving do you want to do dry van reefer etc.   1 Answer

Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Werner Enterprises (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2017.

Interview

Very quick over the phone basic verification of your application and letting you know where you stand at the end, whether you a pre-qualified to move on, or whether you are going to be declined, and why that is.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had a DUI/Traffic Offense/Etc, other job related moving violations?   1 Answer

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Werner Enterprises (San Antonio, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview with an HR rep and then a zoom interview with her, and a zoom interview with the HR rep and HR trainer. I was originally told that there would be another person in charge of the program on the call. He was not present in my interview. I was told that I would be contacted in two weeks and told whether I was selected or not, and was not contacted. I was told that they were starting the program in August, and then that it was delayed and would start in September. I reached out to them and essentially was strung along for several more weeks before all contact ceased. I was never notified if I was selected or not. It's obvious I wasn't.

Interview Questions

• They asked fairly simple questions. They ask about previous experience and preferences in work environments ect.   1 Answer