Western Asset Management Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Western Asset Management

2.8

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Western Asset Management (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

Submitted resume online and was contacted for an interview in person within a week. HR arranged 4 people to meet and it took 3 hours overall (avg 30-45 mins each person) Starting from HR for introduction then team manager then head of the dept and another team manager, Lastly HR to walk out.

Client Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Western Asset Management.

Interview

Everyone in the HR and team are nice and friendly. They honestly want you to succeed rather than fail. It was a great interview experience. The Client Service team is split into the client facing and the data camp. Please be informed which part of the work you will be doing when you interview and see if your skill matches up.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Western Asset Management (Pasadena, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

Applied through the company website and was contacted by HR. The initial phone screening covered basic job qualifications and salary requirements. Was invited for in-person interviews the following week. I met with four members of the team - a supervisor and three peers. The process took three hours. Followed up two weeks and later and learned that the position was filled by an internal transfer.

Interview Questions

• Questions regarding the bond market and major market trends.   Answer Question

Client Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Western Asset Management.

Interview

Internal Recruiter Sandy followed up on my resume, submitted 1 month prior. We did a phone conversation and she planned for me to meet the hiring manager Stevey. The hiring manager was less than prompt in getting back to me for an interview time that worked. Within 2 weeks, I interviewed over the phone, simply talking about my past work experiences. At the end of the interview, Stevey invited me to come to Pasadena and meet the other team during a formal interview. 2 weeks later, I interviewed at headquarters in Pasadena. HR was organized and gave me a 3 hour agenda. Indeed, I met 6 people in 3 hours. 5 of the 6 liked me but the lady who I was replacing did not show consistent support of my candidacy. While that part was more of a political observation, I was told by Stevey that if any of the interviewers oppose your candidacy that you most likely won't be hired.

Interview Questions

• An easy question for me was - What is duration of a bond? However I was unfamiliar when i they asked me about their sub-advisory consultant relationships.   Answer Question

Client Service Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Western Asset Management (Pasadena, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

In-person interview in the headquarters in Pasadena, meeting with 8-10 senior client service professionals including the global head of client service and marketing. Each interview was mainly behavioral and fit-oriented. Firm is very focused on fit and no jerk policy, so that is the primary screen. At this level, there aren't many technical questions, but more about fit and business planning (i.e. how would you go about developing business, cross selling, etc.)

Interview Questions

• Walk me through how you would conduct a prospect meeting, with hypothetical scenarios.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiated guaranteed bonus

Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Western Asset Management (Pasadena, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

Phone interview is technical, in-person is easy.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Western Asset Management (New York, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

Received a call from HR. After 20 minute interview, HR advised that my resume will be passed to the hiring manager. Received an interview call the next day. Received a call from HR few hours after 2nd round interview with a request to run a background and references check. 5 days later, received an offer.

Interview Questions

• No unexpected questions. Make sure you read the job description and match what the company is looking for.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Gave a set number; wouldn't negotiate. Low compensation, good benefits.

Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Western Asset Management (Pasadena, CA) in May 2011.

Interview

Everything was very well organized. I first met and interviewed with a representative from Human Resources who had a printed out agenda ready for me. The person asked me general questions (What do you know about the firm? Tell me about your experiences, etc).

I interviewed with the hiring managers who asked me detailed questions about my resume, skill sets, technical background, etc.

They firm emphasizes a team-oriented approach pretty heavily.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Western Asset Management.

Interview

The interview started with a phone screen with the internal recruiting manager, and then went on to two separate phone interviews with professionals on the team I would have been working in. Past that, it moves to an in person interview.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to work with someone to get a task done that they were not fully on board for.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Western Asset Management.

Interview

Very informational and behavioral. Casual. Non technical. It was a conversation more than interview. They just wanted to get a feel for what kind of person you are and what you are interested in, and if it would be a good fit over all. Really good interview, enjoyed the process.