Western Asset Management Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 1, 2017

2.8

BI Developer Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Western Asset Management (Pasadena, CA).

Interview

Very slow process took 53 days to final. 3 Telephonic Rounds and 1 In Person.
    1 Round - Generic Questions
    2 Round - Technical Questions
    3 Round - Technical Questions + Manager also joined the interview
    In Person Round - 4 hours - Was interviewed by 5 people out if which one didn't even care to show up.

Everytime after my followup the recruiter would go ahead see whats the next round.
    MOST IMP is that after all this ordeal they said we like you but since we don't know how to hire you as a Permanent Employee we will try Contract to hire !! - This is ridiculous ! I mean if you aren't sure what exactly you need then why waste 53 days and then come up with this decision ? Very Un-Professional.

Also in the in person interview I never got the positive vibe neither found most of them warm and nice. They sounded very uncomfortable and the over all office environment wasn't good too.

My advice to them is first and foremost don't waste time of people if you don't know what exactly you are looking for. This was the most unprofessional interview I ever attended. I declined their offer of converted Permanent to Contract to hire after 3 months since I am sure that their fickle mind would change soon.

I also heard that layoffs are routine there and I a glad that I didn't take the offer.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Western Asset Management (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

Submitted resume online and was contacted for an interview in person within a week. HR arranged 4 people to meet and it took 3 hours overall (avg 30-45 mins each person) Starting from HR for introduction then team manager then head of the dept and another team manager, Lastly HR to walk out.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Western Asset Management in March 2017.

Interview

HR scheduled an interview with the hiring manager which lasted about 20 minutes. Very straightforward. Was asked to go through my resume and coursework that i am learning in college.

Interview Questions

• What are three alternative uses of a pen apart from writing and drawing?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Western Asset Management (Pasadena, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online and after two weeks, I received phone interview from HR. The hiring manager directly had a 30-minute phone interview with some tech questions. The manager is very nice.

Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Western Asset Management (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

The process began with a phone interview in which the recruiter asked basic details about my background, education, experience, why I wanted to work for Western Asset, what my long-term goals were, why I would like to relocate to Pasadena and/or California, my history with financial analytics, my technical skills, programming knowledge, etc. I provided specific details about my progression from working at a bank to wanting to work for a buy-side firm.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Western Asset Management.

Interview

Very informational and behavioral. Casual. Non technical. It was a conversation more than interview. They just wanted to get a feel for what kind of person you are and what you are interested in, and if it would be a good fit over all. Really good interview, enjoyed the process.

Portfolio Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Western Asset Management (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Interviewed through school, initial 1:1 HR interview, very smooth process. No unexpected questions, and no technical questions either - might be because I was upfront about my limited knowledge and experience in Fixed Income. HR was very friendly, and said that it is not necessarily a requirement for this position, as all entry-level candidates receive rigorous training at the beginning of the placement.

I required sponsorship visa, and was told upfront that their firm does not usually provide it.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Western Asset Management (Pasadena, CA).

Interview

Contacted by recruiter, then phone w HR, then phone w manager, then invite for in-person.

On-site interview was about 4 hours. Met w an assortment of people from the peons of the group you'll be reporting to, usually in groups and then supervisors and managers from other groups and then a senior manager.

MOstly standard questions and really lame questions that wouldn't bring any insight about fit or competency from a couple of managers --- great.

Interview Questions

• The only challenging questions were irrelevant so just point that out to them.   Answer Question

Client Service Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Western Asset Management (Pasadena, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

In-person interview in the headquarters in Pasadena, meeting with 8-10 senior client service professionals including the global head of client service and marketing. Each interview was mainly behavioral and fit-oriented. Firm is very focused on fit and no jerk policy, so that is the primary screen. At this level, there aren't many technical questions, but more about fit and business planning (i.e. how would you go about developing business, cross selling, etc.)

Interview Questions

• Walk me through how you would conduct a prospect meeting, with hypothetical scenarios.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiated guaranteed bonus

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Western Asset Management (Pasadena, CA).

Interview

The interview process at WA is very thorough starting with the HR recruiters, and then all parties for whom one would be working.
    All the interviewers were very friendly and amenable to answering questions and concerns of the interviewee. They are all very happy working at WA and are very interested in hiring the best talent available.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared for typical interview questions, as well as to elaborate on your resume and current employment situation.   1 Answer