Western & Southern Life Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 21, 2017

2.4

Entry Level Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Western & Southern Life (Cincinnati, OH) in October 2017.

Interview

Email communication was used for both the phone and in-person interview. Approximately a week separated each step in the process. The HR rep emailed me saying they couldn't get in touch with two of my supervisor references- and I replied voicing my concern about why they needed so many prior supervisor references... It seemed fishy to me. They initially said they NEEDED 3 supervisor references, then left a voicemail message saying they really only required 2 and thanked me for my concern??) I also had some other benefits questions and after waiting a few days for answers was told that they were going to move on to other candidates. They didn't answer my questions. I felt like some of the people I met were not genuine or were just miserable and I am glad that I didn't choose to be employed at a company like that. The overall atmosphere felt very overbearing and outdated, as they said some of the computer systems are from the 1980's!? The elevators even said "cart going up!" Thank goodness for the reviews online; they helped immensely with my decision!

Interview Questions

• The first questions asked are: 1. Do you have a DUI on your record? 2. Do you use tobacco? 3. How did you handle a conflict you had in the workplace? 4. What is one of your weaknesses?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Western & Southern Life (Miami, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

The interviewer is super friendly, they have a complete and structured information process to let you know about how the job works, they know how to sell you the idea of ​​working with them, but at the same time you know that you are being sold the opportunity to make money Seems to be easy but in reality it is not, but rather easy for them.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Western & Southern Life in April 2017.

Interview

The initial interview is very pleasant and vaguely informative. The next step is an assessment if it hasn't yet been completed along with a background check. Then is the more professional level interview. They ask relatively predictable questions that you would expect to hear.

Interview Questions

• They asked me what questions I had first which was relatively surprising.   Answer Question

Financial Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Western & Southern Life (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

They responded to my application after about four weeks, and asked me to come in for an interview. The manager/recruiter was very kind and straightforward, and seemed genuinely interested in my employment needs and weather this was my kind of role.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.   1 Answer
    • What aspect of insurance/financial services attracts you?   1 Answer

Accounts Receivable Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Bern, NC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Western & Southern Life (New Bern, NC) in January 2017.

Interview

I was contacted through Indeed.com by the Regional Supervisor as a part of their mass outreach process. After following up with the Regional Supervisor, I was contacted my the District Supervisor, who would later be my direct contact and boss. I came in for two step interview process after filling out an online profile and application. The first part of the interview process was a math, English, and Skills Comprehension session followed by a Pyschological Business Anaylst. Sort of like taking the SAT and then a typical pre-screen questionnaire, just more daunting. After waiting to get the test results back, I was called back in for the second part of the interview. The second part of the interview consisted of basic open ended questions where I was expected to provide a response based on previous experience and that didn't repeat an example I had already used. My supervisor then had to input my answers into the computer for the regional supervisor to review. After a comprehensive review of my answers for the second part of the interview process, a credit check, and background check, I was called back for a formal proposal. After accepting the formal proposal, I started the next week.

Interview Questions

• What kind of positive customer service experience have you provided?   Answer Question
    • When confronted with a negative customer, how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question
    • What would you consider your biggest asset?   Answer Question
    • What would you consider your biggest downfall? Keeping your example in mind, how do you compensate for this or how did you overcome this situation?   1 Answer

Staff Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Western & Southern Life (Norfolk, VA) in December 2016.

Interview

Easy and personable interview. Met with agency manager and staff manager. Got an overall feel for what they are like looking for and I how I may fit within their organization.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what you liked about your former company position? Why did you leave?   1 Answer

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Western & Southern Life (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

Overall fairly simple interview process. First in-person interview lasted no longer than 30 minutes and most of the questions were very general (tell me about yourself, etc.). My feeling was they really just wanted to gauge how personable I was. We chatted about fantasy football and what not. Overall impression, they liked me and they seemed like good people too.

Next in-person interview was more like an informative meeting where they went over the training process, how to go to market, and compensation.

Next came a drug test (urine) and background check.

Now I just need to take/pass the state life and health exams, and I can begin the training process.

Interview Questions

• How much would you like to make in your first year with us?   2 Answers

Entry Level Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Western & Southern Life (Rancho San Diego, CA).

Interview

I met with Alex Cross who was very personable. He told me all about the company and his history there. They are new to California and are in a period of growth. I took a couple of assessment tests on their computer. I was sent a link to request the background check information. I left there knowing that they were interested in me as a potential employee because of the sum of my years of employment in different fields. They consider my life experiences and accumulation of knowledge as I studied a varied assortment of curriculum. I hope to move forward in the preparation for taking the exam to become an insurance broker in the state of California.

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Western & Southern Life (Orlando, FL) in April 2016.

Interview

I was told I was interviewing for sales management position but there were non available and was told that in a few months there would be an opening and could work as an agent until then.

Financial Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Western & Southern Life (Tampa, FL) in March 2016.

Interview

I had a total of 3 interviews and multiple assesments to complete. The company goes through a very thorough interview process. First met with a recruiter, then the director of marketing and finally a senior sales rep. I also had to compete a personality test and now I'm studying for the series 215 so I can be officially hired.