Westfield Insurance Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Westfield Insurance Interview Questions

Interviews at Westfield Insurance

Sort:

Commercial Underwriter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Westfield Insurance.

Interview

The first step was a typical phone interview. Afterwards, you were invited for an on site interview. Accommodations were provided at their on site hotel. On site interview consisted of a tour, lunch and panel interview. Interview was panel style that consisted of 2-4 employees at a time. The on site interview process was quite lengthy and took the better part of a work day.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared for a group interview containing several situational questions. I would recommend having a good background story in place as most questions were designed to see how you would fit in with the company. Questions were not as job specific oriented as I had expected, mostly personality based questions.   Answer Question

Interview

First and second round interviews; cohort based training program

State Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Westfield Insurance (Knoxville, TN).

Interview

I was recruited to interview for this position. The hiring manager was very friendly and made me feel at ease. They flew me to Westfield for the interview. I initially met with the person I was going to report to. Then I met with executive management for lunch. They put me to ease and the questions were "under the radar" and instead of direct.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was with Human resources- I negotiated 3 weeks vacation since I had that at old employer. They were fair

Claims Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Westfield Insurance in April 2010.

Interview

Had telephone interview/screening with an HR representative followed by an in-person interview with the hiring manager and another manager. Interview was 1 1/2 hrs long and asked for examples of work situations, how I dealt with them, what I learned. I did take examples of my work product to show my writing style and skills in that arena as well as past performance reviews from my prior company.

Negotiation

HR representative called within 2 weeks and relayed an offer. Given my situation, I was happy with the offer and did not negotiate.

Analyst Interview

Interview

Recruiter contact first to set up a phone interview. Basic Behavioral based interview questions in the face to face. Friendly interviewers. Phone interview first and then a face to face interview with 2 people.

Anonymous Employee in Westfield Center, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Westfield Insurance (Westfield Center, OH) in March 2018.

Interview

My experience was good. Very laid back. I didn’t feel interrogated; instead it was conversational. It started out with a tour of the campus followed by the interview which lasted about an hour.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Westfield Insurance.

Interview

Phone interview first, on-site interview about a week later. Onsite lasted about an hour, not intimidating.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westfield Center, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Westfield Insurance (Westfield Center, OH) in February 2016.

Interview

I First received a phone interview which was with a recruiter who asked general questions. Then a Skype interview was set up with 3 of the people in the department. The Skype interview was very casual and more about getting to know me then asking questions about my past experience etc. No situational questions. Very pleasant interview

Interview Questions

• where do you go to school?
      What do you want to learn in the internship?
      what frustrates you?
      are you a leader or a follower?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Westfield Insurance.

Interview

Most contact was via email. The interview process started with an initial phone screen from HR. Then a first interview was scheduled with basic/typical questions. The second interview was scheduled by the end of the week for the following week. These were done as a committee, the first interview with one person asking the questions, the second had a round of questions one right after the other each from a different person. Just be prepared for multiple interviewers in one room at the same time, stay calm, and answer honestly.

Interview Questions

• "What is the biggest misconception people have about you?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was a very fair offer. I have heard people suggest to get what you can up front like vacation time the first year, higher pay (mine was very fair) since the raises seem to average about 2%-3% each year.

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Westfield Insurance.

Interview

The hiring process is different in many of the departments. But the one I interviewed for was typical for the area I interviewed for. There was a phone screen with HR, and then another with the hiring manager. Then the onsite interview was five hours long, two people per hour with a session for lunch.

Interview Questions

• Why should I hire you instead of others we are interviewing?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Respectfull, sure that would vary a bit depending on the hiring manager.