Wet Seal Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Wet Seal Interview Questions

Interviews at Wet Seal

2.2

Sort:

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Wet Seal.

Interview

basic scenario questions on what you would do and why. what your strengths are. what you would bring to the company as management. past experiences and job experience in managing.

Interview Questions

• what was one experience that would help you as a manager?   Answer Question

Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foothill Ranch, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Wet Seal (Foothill Ranch, CA) in May 2009.

Interview

Initial communication was professional and timely with the HR Recruiter. An in-person interview was scheduled. Met separately with 2 managers, a director and a VP. Questions mostly focused on how one would convince others to see their point of view, examples of how you handle working with difficult people, and overview of general skill set for position.

After the interview their follow through was exceptionally poor. (hence the 3 month start to finish window)

Interview Questions

• How do you get your point across to someone that is set in their ways?   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wet Seal.

Interview

The process took two weeks. Interview with store manager first . Then in two day i had a interview with the DM.The interview lasted about 45 mins to an hour.

Anonymous Employee in Auburn, AL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wet Seal (Auburn, AL) in August 2012.

Interview

Brief very rushed. The store manager was in experienced. You could tell they were going through a leadership change and that reflected on the morale of the store. Questions seemed to be gathered from a website and were very impersonal.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Because I was returning back to school, my negotiations took one day and they were open to accommodating my request.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Wet Seal.

Interview

I put my application in online and the very next day I got a phone call by the store manager asking whens the best day early next week to have a in person interview. I went into the interview and it went very well. The store manager told me she will let me know though an E-MAIL which day and time I WILL BE CALLED for my two over the phone interviews one being another store manager and the other by the dm. Two days later I GOT A CALL by her telling me I HAD TO CALL another store manager by this time today in which I had to call that store manager within an hour of her phone call in which she just told me about it and I ALSO HAD TO CALL the dm next day for my interview with her. I called the other store manager when I was told to and it seemed to go very good. I called the dm the next day at the time I was suppose to and that interview went very well also. The dm told me I would hear back from them good or bad no later than 4 four days after this over the phone interview with her. I never heard from them again no call and no e-mail. I went into my application online to see if it was still active (if there are still looking for someone) and it was inactive (which means they are no longer looking for someone). The interview question are easy other then they all ask you the same questions and even some questions are asked twice or more within one interview and it seems like they don't read you resume before your interview with them at all. I just wish they would do as they say they are like i'll email you and they will call you, but instead i'll call you and you have to call for your interview's and of course JUST CALL EVERYONE BACK GOOD OR BAD and don't just say you will and then don't. In all honest if you don't the job you waste roughly about a week of your time doing all this and waiting for them to not just give you 5 minutes of there time to call you back to let you know if you got it or not that's where I got little upset about it and I think most people would.

Interview Questions

• Name one time you had an issue with staff member not listening to you and how did it work out at the end and give a good example and explain?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Midland, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wet Seal (Midland, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

The process took about 3 weeks. I met first with the store manager and I had no interview. Then he scheduled me for an interview with the district manager. I was not too happy with how my negotiation was made. Because of my age they lowered my pay, then hired another assistant two months later for 3 dollars more an hour because she was older.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I had to show them pay stubs from a previous job and they based my pay off of that amount. And I didn't hear my offer till they made me do paperwork. Then I was still making 73 cents less an hour then I was as an associate at Dillard's.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wet Seal (Seattle, WA) in October 2008.

Interview

The hiring process was very easy for me. I walked up to the store manager and asked if they were hiring, told her a bit about myself. She then told me to fill out an application and set a date right away to come back and do my paperwork.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wet Seal.

Interview

Interview questions were very thorough. They want to know that you host interpersonal skills in getting to know the customers want & needs. The district managers are very involved in the store & want a good supportive team for the stores to run well

Interview Questions

• What is the best way to deter theft?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I always decline the first offer & get a higher one

Appliance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Everett, WA

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Wet Seal (Everett, WA) in September 2009.

Interview

it was simple they asked the questions i answered. dont figit and look at the employers eyes dont keep looking away or looking at your hands and dont mumble be as true as possible!! dont be anxious dont be shy. if anything the employer would be anxious or shy because they are the ones asking the impossible questions and they are the ones recieving the answers and they have to do this and that and stil make a good impression..

Interview Questions

• what made you choose our store out of all the other clothing stores in this mall?   1 Answer
    • if i were to hire you would you keep an eye on a specific employee that i thought was stealing merchandise from my store?   1 Answer

Negotiation

be as polite as possible! and most importantly BE YOUR SELF dont go into an interview being someone else be who you are that way you can feel as comfortable as possible.

Cashier Interview

Interview

Only one interview with them. It was a standard interview, nothing unexpected or difficult. They asked about previous experience, which I've had none of. Basic questions like that. Dress 'code' was nice but casual. The atmosphere was very relaxed, and I had a nice, relatable interviewer.