Whirlpool Corporation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Whirlpool Corporation

2.9

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Whirlpool Corporation.

Interview

Initial phone interview followed by multiple in person interviews. Mostly situational type questions. The interviewers were polite and did a good job of not leading me to the right answer.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a situation where you had to deliver bad news.   Answer Question

Associate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Benton Harbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Whirlpool Corporation (Benton Harbor, MI) in August 2010.

Interview

Received response from HR suggesting a position other than the one I applied for. I replied indicating my interest and received a call from HR to schedule an initial phone interview. After the first phone interview, I received and responded to an email with three questions regarding specific details of my experience. HR called again within a day to schedule a telephone interview with the hiring manager. The interview with the hiring manger was very detailed and lasted about an hour. Within three days I received an email stating they were prceeding with other candidates who more closely matched the requirements of the position.

Interview Questions

• How have you been involved with strategy development?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Joseph, MI

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Whirlpool Corporation (Saint Joseph, MI) in November 2009.

Interview

After taking a phone interview. The hiring manager called to bring me to St. Joseph. They placed me at a hotel where I stayed the night prior to the interview. The next morning I met with the hiring manager and had 4 individual interviews. Each was a one-on-one personality interview. The same questions were repeated for the first three interviews. The final interview was more technical and random about the interviewers recent work and how I would approach the situation(s). Then followed up with some minor software questions.

Interview Questions

• Given your groups priority on productA, and the more important launch of productB, how would you manage your workload if you were assigned to both projects   2 Answers
    • (After speaking about the software development methods at whirlpool) How would you improve the system?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Whirlpool Corporation in October 2009.

Interview

The questions were all behavioral in nature; mainly focusing on leadership qualities, how I worked in a team, etc. Specific questions were 1) Describe a time that you were a leader among peers 2) Describe a leader you respect 3) How has working in a team environment affected the way you approach projects 4) Describe a major problem you recently faced at a job 5) Tell me about your recent jobs. Overall, it was a very positive experience; the interviewer was friendly and easy to talk to.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Benton Harbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Whirlpool Corporation (Benton Harbor, MI).

Interview

Took forever. I submitted an application online, 2 weeks later they contacted me for a brief phone interview. 4 weeks later I was brought to Benton Harbor for an in-person interview. 7 weeks after the in-person interview I was offered the position. I had 6 interviews in one day for two positions. Each interview consisted of two current employees and myself. Some interviews were just basic HR questions from people I may or may not be working with, I'm assuming for character assessment. The few interviews I had with my direct colleagues were more challenging, asking specific questions about how I would communicate with them and what type of leadership I would need and could provide.

Interview Questions

• What type of growth are you looking for in this position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Whirlpool Corporation (Knoxville, TN) in April 2008.

Interview

The hiring process has changed dramatically over the last several years which is probably a good thing. Currently, all jobs have to go through HR which previously didn't happen. There were a lot of jobs that were never posted or if they were posted were not really competitive as the hiring manager had already made their decision. My guess is that things like that happen everywhere, but in the past it was very flagrant. At this point HR plays a much needed mediating role in vetting prospects and resumes. No system is perfect, but will likely provide a more balanced road to promotions than previously. In my experience depending on the job there may be multiple levels of interviews or one singe interview with the hiring manager. It really depends on the position.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions asked during the interview are fairly typical interview types of questions. "Tell me about a time you had a particularly difficult challenge and how you overcame it? How about a time you were not able to overcome a challenge?" etc. Use the STAR method of answering (Situation, Task, Action, Result), but be sure to ask questions. You need to find out what the hiring managers hot button is. Is it being trainable? Is it previous experience? What is that manager looking for. If you don't have it, ,or can't get it then maybe that job isn't for you. Don't worry about it...just move on to the next posting.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They made one offer and I countered with a number about $2500 higher. They didn't hesitate and agreed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Whirlpool Corporation (Knoxville, TN) in December 2014.

Interview

Interview took about an hour. Spoke with 2 groups of 3 people and each asked questions off of a sheet of paper. It was very scripted and no questions were that difficult. After the interview it took about 40 days to hear anything back from them. It was a long and dragged out process.

Interview Questions

• What do you believe is the most difficult task for whirlpool.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Whirlpool Corporation (Knoxville, TN) in September 2015.

Interview

Phone interview first, asked basic information about resume. Asked where do you see yourself in 5 years? why Whirlpool? Why leaving current job? Strentghs weaknesses. if you get past the phone interview, then a face to face to scheduled. there were two interviews, back to back. the first interview was with three sales managers it lasted about an hour, then they left. aout five minutes later, two more managers came in and interviewed me for about an hour. I was told that they notify you either way. I was called about a week after the interview and offer the position.

Interview Questions

• all of the questions were off of a script, but were mostly behavior based. Tell me about a time.... the questions were pretty basic, you could look over commonly asked behavior interview questions and have a good idea of what to expect. No trick questions. Come prepared with a few storys to tell based on your past jobs. htye mostly focus around Leadership, Teamwork, and Sales.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Attended an information session on campus. Went to career fair and spoke with recruiter. Received a followup email after a career fair via text message, was asked to schedule an on-campus interview. On campus interview was fairly standard.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Whirlpool Corporation in October 2015.

Interview

Two on one behavioral interview and a two on one standard interview. The first two had seen my resume before the interview and had a bit of discussion on that. The second group I had to essentially pitch myself to them using my resume which they had not seen. Bring resumes to the interview

Interview Questions

• Tell me about time when you had to motivate someone of a different culture?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Awesome offer, no need to negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Whirlpool Corporation (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2017.

Interview

I had an interview during the National Black MBA conference where they have a booth. It was a very conversational and friendly interview, about 30 mins. I really enjoyed it. The interview had 3 parts: behavioral questions, a case question and some fit questions.

Interview Questions

• What are your criteria/ values when it comes to chose a company to work for?   Answer Question