Whirlpool Corporation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 10, 2017

2.9

HRIS Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Benton Harbor, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whirlpool Corporation (Benton Harbor, MI) in February 2017.

Interview

Very bad process. They do not communicate. Their processes are very slow. Hiring managers and the team are clueless. They are very disintegrated and lack integrity. They do not have process for making decisions. They took 2 months to conduct an interview and took for ever to respond. They also closed the position and opened the position again. Lot of drama.

Interview Questions

• How can you help us   1 Answer
    • Very slow process of interview. They took 3 months to respond. HR does not respond, no feed back from hiring manager or HR. Struggling company with personnel issues. No communication at all during and after interviews. Do no join them. They are very disorganized and lack commitment.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Whirlpool Corporation (Cincinnati, OH) in February 2017.

Interview

Interviewed by two teams, both consisting of two interviewers, very personable and friendly

Interview Questions

• Describe prior professional experience...
      What interests you about Whirlpool specifically?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Attended an information session on campus. Went to career fair and spoke with recruiter. Received a followup email after a career fair via text message, was asked to schedule an on-campus interview. On campus interview was fairly standard.

Interview Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Whirlpool Corporation.

Interview

The interview process was behavioral and asked some tricky questions. The first interview was with a manager and the second one was with coworkers that I could possibly be working with. Most of the second interview was me going over my resume and how I can contribute to Whirlpool. It was not too hard, but I would recommend studying up on what Whirlpool does and their different appliances.

Interview Questions

• When was a time that you questioned a higher authority when they responded to a particular question from someone else?   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Whirlpool Corporation (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process move very quickly and I was excited to hear back so quickly. I had one phone interview and one video interview. The questions were fairly tough, but showed that the team truly cared about selecting the right candidate. I was kept up to date with the process and was contacted by my mentor just days after I accepted the offer. I have had a wonderful experience with Whirlpool Corporation thus far and am excited to begin my journey this summer!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when...   1 Answer

MBA Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

with two interviewer (controller and FP&A manager) including both behavioral and mini case interview. It took 45 mins to finish the first round interview. Interviewers started to introduce themselves and the interview went on smoothly.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you went on to one direction with one project and turned out to work on the other direction in the end.   Answer Question

Electrical Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Benton Harbor, MI

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Whirlpool Corporation (Benton Harbor, MI) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process took 3 weeks. First one was phone interview and then they called for on site interview. They were interviewing both experienced and non experienced people and obviously selecting the experienced people. I didn't understand why they did that. Moreover after each step (Phone screen) if the result is positive they inform you immediately otherwise they doesn't care about you, they will not inform you unless you ask them.

Interview Questions

• Do you like to complete the work on time with less perfection or over time with more perfection?   Answer Question

Technician Interview

Application

Interview

They do a phone interview first, and afterwards they do an in-person interview. They mostly just did basic tests on what the potential employee can do. They do some behavioral interviews then they do technical interviews. The technical interview is a little tricky as how well you do on it plays a role on what job you get. Also the interview process isn't like most places, it is a little easier.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Benton Harbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Whirlpool Corporation (Benton Harbor, MI).

Interview

Took forever. I submitted an application online, 2 weeks later they contacted me for a brief phone interview. 4 weeks later I was brought to Benton Harbor for an in-person interview. 7 weeks after the in-person interview I was offered the position. I had 6 interviews in one day for two positions. Each interview consisted of two current employees and myself. Some interviews were just basic HR questions from people I may or may not be working with, I'm assuming for character assessment. The few interviews I had with my direct colleagues were more challenging, asking specific questions about how I would communicate with them and what type of leadership I would need and could provide.

Interview Questions

• What type of growth are you looking for in this position?   Answer Question

Manufacturing Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Whirlpool Corporation (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied through my campus recruiting website. I was interning abroad at the time, so I initially had two phone interviews with campus recruiters. My understanding is they don't do this often. The recruiters then referred me to be interviewed by the internship program manager. I had a thirty-minute interview with her. The process was efficient.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to explain something technical to someone with no technical background?   Answer Question