Wickes Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Wickes Interview Questions

Updated Jun 17, 2017

2.0

Customer Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sheffield, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wickes (Sheffield, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online then got a phone call a few weeks later inviting me to an interview. It was a very informal interview with the Manager who just asked me a few questions about myself. It was more of an informal chat than an interview really.

Customer Service Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northampton, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Wickes (Northampton, England (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied online, simple enough, just had to fill out a few basic details, hours you could work and previous pay you earned. Uploaded CV. Got a call about 10 days later to ask to come in for an interview. Was made to feel really welcome, interview lasted 10-15 minutes. Got asked to walk round shop floor and see if there was anything i could improve. After the interview i was told there were 6 others to interview and then i would be told the outcome. In fact i never received a phone call or even a reply to the email i sent if they could give me any feedback. I thought this was very poor effort on their behalf!

Interview Questions

• If you was given a job that you were told would only take you 10 minutes to complete and then there was another job you were expected to do straight after, but you realised straight away that you knew the job was going to last much longer than that, what would you do?   Answer Question

Customer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wickes (Reading, England (UK)) in July 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Easy process. The actual interview was ok, I got asked to walk round the store to familiarize myself with the store. The manager asked me what hours I was available for and briefly looked over my cv. Told me he had a poker thing so wasn't in for the rest of the week but he would call me the week after. I never got that call so I'm assuming I didn't get the job.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Watford, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wickes (Watford, East of England, England (UK)) in May 2016.

Interview

Was invited to interview via an external Recruiter (who was excellent throughout the process) at the Watford HQ. Had to prepare a SWOT on a store prior to the meeting which I did. Arrived at the appointed time to find the interviewer I was briefed on was not doing the interview. After a bit of confusion the front desk finally found out another colleague was interviewing instead. I was kept waiting for 30 mins from arrival until I was seen with no real apology. Sat down with a Regional Manager & HR - 30 mins on my CV going through previous roles, before ignoring 2 most recent, & relevant roles, to skip through the SWOT in 10 mins, before I was outside feeling rather deflated at the whole episode. Whole interview felt rushed & they didn't really want to be there, or perhaps were behind time for the day. Really poor experience considering it was a Store Manager interview. Unfortunately the experience, & levels of staff/customer engagement I saw on my Store visits seems to reflect on my HQ experience.

Customer Service Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Wickes in February 2016.

Interview

The online process was easy and I obviously did well because only a few days later, I was invited to interview.

The manager was very standoffish and didn't even want to shake my hand. The interview lasted less than ten minutes. He didn't ask me many interview questions, simply asked about hours and said he would get back to me in a week to let me know if my hours fit in anywhere.

The next day I was rejected by a poorly written email.

Customer Service Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lowestoft, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wickes (Lowestoft, England (UK)) in October 2015.

Interview

I passed an online compatibility questionnaire, uploaded a CV and wrote an essay on proud life achievements before receiving an interview invitation by text just two days later.

Being my very first job interview, the manager was kind enough not to follow scripted questions from the corporate handbook and allowed my interview to be an informal chat to make me feel comfortable.

He emphasized the importance of getting to know me and gave me the freedom to talk about myself with an open-ended question where I was offered to discuss my personality, education or previous experience before answering specific questions.

I was able to impress with my knowledge and research of the company, however, being very inexperienced in DIY, I feel I did not convince the manager of my interest in the trade. I believe people with some background in DIY would be more favourable candidates.

Exactly two weeks after my interview, I received an email to confirm I failed.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?   1 Answer
    • Describe what tasks you would do on a typical working day at Wickes?   Answer Question
    • What would you do in a situation where a customer asks you for something you don't know about?   Answer Question
    • Have you received any complaints about you from customers during your previous employment?   Answer Question
    • What experience have you had in DIY?   Answer Question

Customer Service Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brighton, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Wickes (Brighton, England (UK)) in August 2015.

Interview

I completed an online compatibility test which was straight forward and pretty easy to answer. After a few days I received a call asking me to come in to an interview next day. I was feeling really nervous but all the staff were really friendly and I quickly felt much more at ease. I was interviewed by 2 men who were extremely kind and easy to talk to, the interview was much more like an informal chat and lasted about 30 minutes, where they just asked some straightforward questions and were also keen on me to ask questions about the job. They got back to me the next day saying I have the job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Wickes? What do you know about Wickes? Why do you think you would be good for the role? When have you worked in a team? How have you dealt with any issues when working in a team?   Answer Question

Store Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Christchurch, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wickes (Christchurch, England (UK)) in June 2015.

Interview

Group Interview/ assessment. A presentation and an informal break out session for a real world problem solving test to see how you coped working as a small team. Personally I think they wanted to weed out any one with an opinion on any thing or who wanted to 'take control' Then a rather informal chat with a manager.

The day was hosted at a local hotel and arranged to recruit for multiple positions at the new store opening in Christchurch Dorset.

Have since been to the store ( it's really expensive) and seen one of the people who were there, so they must have hired that day !

Interview Questions

• Had informal chat with one of the managers, just general interview questions really. Why do you want this job etc   1 Answer

Customer Service Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wickes (Manchester, England (UK)) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online, for a phonecall within a few days and invited for interview. Had an informal chat with manager and deputy manager, then had a walk around the shop floor and was offered the job there and then. Easy as.

Interview Questions

• What I like to do in my free time, basically asked for an insight into my life outside of work   Answer Question

Customer Service Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Guildford, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Wickes (Guildford, England (UK)) in November 2014.

Interview

It was very casual. I was asked up to the Store Managers office and we basically just had a chat and he offered me the job after about ten minutes! He asked me a few questions about my CV, as in, did I enjoy my last position.

Interview Questions

• Have you shopped in Wickes before?
      Why do you want to work for Wickes?
      Answer Question