Wilton Brands Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 31, 2017

2.8

Director of People Solutions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodridge, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Wilton Brands (Woodridge, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied for the position through their ATS, within 10 days, the Director of Talent Acquisition (she is great!) called me for a phone screen. Subsequent to that, they invited me in for a face to face interview. The interview format implemented a 360° approach, in which I was interviewed by a potential direct report, a peer, and the CHRO.

Art Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Wilton Brands (Chicago, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

Total of 3 interviews. First phone, second took at least 3 hours and third just like second but more brief. overall it was easy but very dragged out. Interview with multiple people and every interview with different one. It took forever to hear back from company after final interview. took me multiple follow up emails to hear back.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodridge, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Wilton Brands (Woodridge, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview consisted of conversation with team members the position would interact with, including the hiring manager and upper management representation. Everyone was very friendly and easy to talk with. Coordination of the entire process went through HR. They were very helpful and informative all along the way. The one-on-one interviews were short and to the point.

Interview Questions

• The basic interview questions were asked. Nothing tricky.   Answer Question

Corporate Role Interview

Application

The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at Wilton Brands.

Interview

Hiring process was long and drawn out- over s month and half with little communication between them. Interviewed face to face twice with each time one hour interviews with teams- 4 the first time and 3 the second. Actual interviews pretty easy if you know your stuff. Nothing out of the ordinary, most had reviewed my resume so dialogue on past work.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Little room for negotiation

Ecommerce Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Wilton Brands in May 2016.

Interview

They completely wasted my time. They told me I would hear back in three weeks and I never heard a word. hR should be mindful that people take off time to go to interviews and the least they could do is keep candidates in the loop. I believe the only reason they hire me is because I'm black. One of the interviewers was so condescending that I lost interest in the opportunity right then and there. I only saw one black person the whole time I was there. I don't want to work for a company who does not care about diversity. I know now why this company has a 2.1 rating. That was a big red flag there.

Key Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodridge, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wilton Brands (Woodridge, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

Had a phone interview then I was called in for an in person interview about a week later. The interview took about 2.5 house and I met with the team that I would be working with. Went over the job duties and my resume and compared what I currently did to what the role would do. It was a very friendly interview I had a great conversation during the interview, we even laughed and talked about other things. Looked like a great place to work, and I was pretty sure that they would call me in for a second interview, but I was emailed that they went with another candidate.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions, nothing too hard or difficult. Asked who is your hero and why? Asked who do you look up to and why?   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woodridge, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wilton Brands (Woodridge, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

It took a while to get the interview lots of phone conversation before hand. There were about 2 interviews one was with 4 different people including HR the next was with VP , they took about 2 weeks to get back with a decision to hire. over the experience was alright, nothing out of the ordinary.

Interview Questions

• General interview questions and description of duties   1 Answer

ECommerce Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodridge, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Wilton Brands (Woodridge, IL) in February 2014.

Interview

I applied online in December. Heard from a company recruiter in January. Had an in-person interview in February.

The most frustrating part of interviewing with Wilton was the incredibly poor communication. It's normal to not hear back for weeks after applying for a job - but when I did hear back from one of their recruiters, the trouble began. The recruiter was impossible to get ahold of, often didn't reply to my emails, and completely blew off several of our scheduled phone calls.

I figured the communication breakdown was probably just with this individual. I was invited to an in-person interview, which was about 4 hours long, where I met with 4 people. The interview was relatively easy, with no hard-hitting questions. Everyone was very nice, and I thought it went well.

I sent my post-interview thank you emails, in which I did not get a response from the hiring manager, but I did from the recruiting manager. She told me they thought the interview went well and that I could hear back from them as early as the following week.

At the end of the following week I reached out again. The recruiting manager informed me that the hiring manager was out of town for a week, but they would be ready with next steps once he returned.

Two more weeks went by without hearing anything, so I reached out again. I asked the recruiting manager if she she had any updates. She replied simply saying no, no updates yet, but that she hoped to be in touch very soon.

Two more weeks went by, still nothing, so I called the recruiting manager and left her a voicemail. She never returned my call. I also emailed the hiring manager again, who again did not respond at all.

At the end of the next week I sent what I figured to be one last email to the recruiting manager, asking if I was still being considered for one of the eCommerce positions - if so when I should expect to hear back, and if not asking for feedback on what led to their decision. To my surprise she responded the next day and said that yes, I was in fact still being considered, and that the team would be reaching out the next week with next steps.

It just so happens that the following week I got a job offer from another company. Before accepting, I sent the recruiting manager and hiring manager emails informing them of my offer and indicating that if they were still interested in my candidacy, to please reach out to me. Shockingly I heard back from both of them within 24 hours, but their responses didn't match up! The recruiting manager told me that the group wasn't close to making a decision with the eCommerce positions yet (obviously different from what she said the week prior). The hiring manager said they had already filled all the positions.

The poor communication and lack of professionalism did make me worry about how the place is run and managed. Ultimately, I think I dodged a bullet by not getting employed there.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was too difficult about the interview except for how long it was.   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wilton Brands (Chicago, IL) in January 2014.

Interview

You will meet with lots of people and it seems everyone is on a different page. They asked a lot about collaboration and working together. It seems like the rank and file do this well but they seem top heavy with management types and lots of VP's.

Interview Questions

• Interviewer talked a lot and seemed to want to tell about his rise in the organization as a way of impressing me. I decided to pursue other options after the discussion.   Answer Question

Manager, Training & Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodridge, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wilton Brands (Woodridge, IL) in January 2014.

Interview

2 phone screens with a recruiter after she reached out to me via LinkedIn; one was just to give a brief overview and to manage salary expectations, the other was to review my background and qualifications of my resume. After that, there were on-site interviews with 3 different Wilton leaders. Most interviews were just reviewing my resume and having an informal discussion with them; little to no behavioral-based questions were used.

Interview Questions

• None were very difficult, I think they were just evaluating fit with the team and the organization more than anything.   Answer Question