Wilton Brands Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Director of People Solutions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodridge, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Wilton Brands (Woodridge, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied for the position through their ATS, within 10 days, the Director of Talent Acquisition (she is great!) called me for a phone screen. Subsequent to that, they invited me in for a face to face interview. The interview format implemented a 360° approach, in which I was interviewed by a potential direct report, a peer, and the CHRO.

Director, Product Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL

Interview

After having a great discussion with HR Talent Manager, I was invited in to speak with three people (HR, Innovation, and the CMO who is the hiring manager). After meeting with the first two individuals, I sat in the conference room for over 30 minutes waiting for the hiring manager. He never showed up which resulted in me having to chase down the recruiting manager to find out what occurred. I was then told he was pulled into a meeting is unavailable. The talent manager tried to reschedule with the hiring manager and asked for my availability which I provided. While waiting for confirmation, I received a note saying the team met someone yesterday that they presented an offer. Needless to say, I felt they had little respect for my time and didn't even offer me the chance to speak with the hiring manager. Either they are a very disfuntional organization that doesn't know what the other hand is doing and is indicative of the culture or they simply like to mislead candidates. My advice is to proceed with caution, as in my 20+ years I have never witnessed something so blatantly unprofessional as the way things were handled as part of the recruitment process at Wilton.

Marketing Content Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wilton Brands (New York, NY).

Interview

I was contacted to have a phone interview with someone from the "People Team". This phone call ran over 40 minutes and went into great detail about my past experience and skills. I was then asked to come in for an in-person interview and meet with two members of the team. While I thought the interview went well, I was never even given the respect of a rejection email.

Please do not leave people hanging when you have them spend a significant amount of time interviewing with your company.

Key Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wilton Brands (Naperville, IL) in July 2017.

Interview

I had a phone call with the HR rep and then with two members from their team. It was a great experience. I loved the people and the company values and culture even though i got turned down for the job.

Interview Questions

• Why i wanted to work for the company?   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wilton Brands.

Interview

Standard phone interview with HR, followed by a panel style interview. I interviewed at this company and the other reviews aren’t kidding. There were a ton of red flags that popped up throughout the process. One defining factor was how everyone didn’t have anything positive to say about the company, after I specifically asked them about the company culture. One of the interviewers actually tried to defend the amount of negative reviews on glassdoor by saying they were draining the swamp. The interview process was also very disorganized- I had to jump through hoops for the interview and I haven’t received any communication after the in-person interview (this was a few months ago). This company might work for a select few, but based on what I saw, it’s probably not worth it for most.

Styling Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wilton Brands in April 2017.

Interview

I had some issues with communication in the interview process. Towards the beginning, I had high hopes and moved through the processes quickly. Both people who interviewed me were kind and had a lot of good things to say about the company and team, which made me want to ignore the negative reviews I had seen on Glassdoor and elsewhere. After the second round of interviews, I didn't hear back for weeks after a couple of follow-ups. I was finally told that I would know by a certain date if they would have me come to corporate for the final round. I didn't hear back for a week after that date and it was an automated email telling me I did not get the position. I would expect not hearing back after a simple phone-screening, but not a formal interview.

I understand that the long waiting period is common and hiring directors are always busy, but I really disagreed with the lack of communication and false-hope. My time was certainly wasted. I did not want to agree with all of the negative reviews of the company, but now I can see why.

Interview Questions

• What was a challenge you faced in your previous position and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Art Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Wilton Brands (Chicago, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

Total of 3 interviews. First phone, second took at least 3 hours and third just like second but more brief. overall it was easy but very dragged out. Interview with multiple people and every interview with different one. It took forever to hear back from company after final interview. took me multiple follow up emails to hear back.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodridge, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Wilton Brands (Woodridge, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview consisted of conversation with team members the position would interact with, including the hiring manager and upper management representation. Everyone was very friendly and easy to talk with. Coordination of the entire process went through HR. They were very helpful and informative all along the way. The one-on-one interviews were short and to the point.

Interview Questions

• The basic interview questions were asked. Nothing tricky.   Answer Question

Corporate Role Interview

Application

The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at Wilton Brands.

Interview

Hiring process was long and drawn out- over s month and half with little communication between them. Interviewed face to face twice with each time one hour interviews with teams- 4 the first time and 3 the second. Actual interviews pretty easy if you know your stuff. Nothing out of the ordinary, most had reviewed my resume so dialogue on past work.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Little room for negotiation

Ecommerce Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Wilton Brands in May 2016.

Interview

They completely wasted my time. They told me I would hear back in three weeks and I never heard a word. hR should be mindful that people take off time to go to interviews and the least they could do is keep candidates in the loop. I believe the only reason they hire me is because I'm black. One of the interviewers was so condescending that I lost interest in the opportunity right then and there. I only saw one black person the whole time I was there. I don't want to work for a company who does not care about diversity. I know now why this company has a 2.1 rating. That was a big red flag there.