Wilton Brands Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Sort:

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woodridge, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wilton Brands (Woodridge, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

It took a while to get the interview lots of phone conversation before hand. There were about 2 interviews one was with 4 different people including HR the next was with VP , they took about 2 weeks to get back with a decision to hire. over the experience was alright, nothing out of the ordinary.

Interview Questions

• General interview questions and description of duties   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woodridge, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wilton Brands (Woodridge, IL) in May 2012.

Interview

I interviewed with the head of the department as well as two other people in the department. The head was new and really didn't know what they were doing so the other two lead the charge. They were very polite and kind. They basically let me know at the end of the interview that I'd gotten the position and I had an official offer later the same day.

Interview Questions

• About work experience as well as what skills I knew from school.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations

Inventory Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodridge, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wilton Brands (Woodridge, IL) in June 2012.

Interview

Submitted the online application and received an email requesting a phone interview within 2 weeks from the recruiter.
    Phone interview with the recruiter. Asked typical questions and walked them through the resume. Asked about current compensation and why I wanted to leave my current position. An in person interview schedule at conclusion of phone interview.
    In person interviewed with manger of the department. He went over my current position and how it related to their position. Very laid back, they went over how the department operates, what the position entails, etc. I was then passed along to the director of the department who asked more behavioral type questions.
    At the conclusion the recruiter came back in and told me I would be hearing something by the end of the following week and then walked me out.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you made the wrong decision about something.   Answer Question

Inventory Analyst Interview

Interview

Fairly predictable interview process- had an initial phone interview and then interviewed with 4 mid level managers in person. Discussed experience with purchasing and Mrp systems. They made an offer and I accepted.

Marketing Interview

Interview

Asked what was your biggest business failure and what did you learn from it?

Interview Questions

• Last book you read about business and what did you learn?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offer was fair.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bolingbrook, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wilton Brands (Bolingbrook, IL) in August 2009.

Interview

Interview went great, lasted a couple hours. Answered all my questions and took their time explaining everything. After contacting them a few times since the interview, I still don't have an answer whether or not I have a second interview or not. They keep telling me that they are waiting to hear from upper management. Seems like a great place to work but getting through the door is proving harder than it looks.

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wilton Brands (Chicago, IL) in January 2014.

Interview

You will meet with lots of people and it seems everyone is on a different page. They asked a lot about collaboration and working together. It seems like the rank and file do this well but they seem top heavy with management types and lots of VP's.

Interview Questions

• Interviewer talked a lot and seemed to want to tell about his rise in the organization as a way of impressing me. I decided to pursue other options after the discussion.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wilton Brands.

Interview

Standard phone interview with HR, followed by a panel style interview. I interviewed at this company and the other reviews aren’t kidding. There were a ton of red flags that popped up throughout the process. One defining factor was how everyone didn’t have anything positive to say about the company, after I specifically asked them about the company culture. One of the interviewers actually tried to defend the amount of negative reviews on glassdoor by saying they were draining the swamp. The interview process was also very disorganized- I had to jump through hoops for the interview and I haven’t received any communication after the in-person interview (this was a few months ago). This company might work for a select few, but based on what I saw, it’s probably not worth it for most.

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woodridge, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wilton Brands (Woodridge, IL) in August 2012.

Interview

About a month after I submit my resume, I received a call from the HR on a Tuesday. Had a phone interview on Wednesday around noon. Interview went well and casual. The lady who interviewed me was very nice. I told them that I'd like to know if they're still interested ASAP since there's another comapny waiting for my answer. They called again Wednesday afternoon to say they'd like to meet me in person on Thursday which I was really suprised.

Thursday morning I interviewed two person. One is my future boss, another one is a senior sales. Questions was very general, asked about my experience, why am I looking for a new job, why this company...etc. After the interview, the HR manager said they'll contact me soon once they made the decision. And suprisingly, I got a call Friday afternoon to confirm that I'm hired. Monday morning they send me some documents with benifits to sign. A week later I received a "Welcome Package" from the company.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too difficult. Both interviewers are very nice. It's more like a chat disregard how nervous I was.   Answer Question

Ecommerce Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Wilton Brands in May 2016.

Interview

They completely wasted my time. They told me I would hear back in three weeks and I never heard a word. hR should be mindful that people take off time to go to interviews and the least they could do is keep candidates in the loop. I believe the only reason they hire me is because I'm black. One of the interviewers was so condescending that I lost interest in the opportunity right then and there. I only saw one black person the whole time I was there. I don't want to work for a company who does not care about diversity. I know now why this company has a 2.1 rating. That was a big red flag there.