Wodify Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Wodify

3.2

1. Featured Interview

Copywriter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Wodify.

Interview

After applying online and submitting writing samples, I had a phone interview with a recruiter and the Marketing VP. Phone call lasted 30 minutes and was mainly about previous experience, strengths, weaknesses, what I was looking for, basic interview stuff.

Interview Questions

• What project did you complete that you're most proud of?   Answer Question

Mar 17, 2017

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review regarding the interview process for the Copywriter position. We are pleased to hear that it was a positive experience for you overall.

Marketing Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cherry Hill, NJ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wodify (Cherry Hill, NJ) in January 2018.

Interview

Overall, the interview process moved along quickly and Wodify was responsive and quick to follow-up after each step. I started with an introductory phone call and then completed an extensive online application and personality test. Following that I was invited to the office for a two hour in-person interview and skills assessment.

Finally, I was asked to provide references and received an offer shortly after.

Interview Questions

• What were your key responsibilities at your previous job?   Answer Question
    • What were some highlights and lowlights of your time in college?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Wodify (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview was just a normal conversation where the project was presented and the vision of the company was transmitted. It was clearly stated since the beginning that nothing more was expected than excellence.

Interview Questions

Wodify Response

Dec 19, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to post about your interview experience. Glad to hear that it was a positive experience for you.

Customer Success Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cherry Hill, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wodify (Cherry Hill, NJ).

Interview

Fairly straightforward like the job posting mentioned. You'll have a phone screening, come in for a skills assessment, and finally have a few rounds of in-person interviewing.

As far as the interviewing goes, it was a standard interview. The first round consisted of a meeting with one of the business VPs and another marketing person. The interview wasn't focused on really, well, anything. There was more time spent on how awesome Wodify was doing as a company rather than the job at hand. It seems like the interviewer was rattling points off the top of his head just to buy time - should have been a warning sign for me. After that, I had a few rounds of questions with teammates which were much more structured.

Finally, when the interviewing was done I was asked to create a powerpoint presentation. Okay, no big deal. The only red flags came when all of the interviewers were crammed in the same room while I gave my presentation. The same VP from the first interview, the same guy who didn't seem to have an aim in his dialogue, chose to sit on the floor. There were plenty of seats in the room, but this person still chose to sit on the floor. I understand that this is 'startup culture' to wear flipflops and shorts to work, but at least give the person presenting to you the decensy to sit level with them. This is, afterall, a job interview. I should have ran after that....

Interview Questions

Wodify Response

Dec 20, 2017 – HR Manager

Thank you for sharing, we always appreciate feedback on areas that we can improve! I'm really sorry to hear you didn't have a great experience interviewing. Its been quite some time since we've... More

EA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cherry Hill, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Wodify (Cherry Hill, NJ) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview process is extensive for this company. I had a phone screen with a recruiter, skype call with recruiter, was invited to fill out the company's online forms, first call with the office manager approx 1 hour, then finally the in person interview. The in person interview was extremely long. They had me take 4 tests (personality, reasoning, computer aptitude, and a writing sample (approx 75min allotted but I finished in 40 minutes so just had to wait). Finally, met with the CEO and VP of Marketing and Operations which was approximately 3 hours long.

Interview Questions

• If I was to ask your former managers what areas you needed improvement what would they say?   Answer Question

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cherry Hill, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Wodify (Cherry Hill, NJ) in April 2016.

Interview

It started with a phone interview with two Wodify employees, followed by a skills assessment done in-office and another 2-hour interview with the CEO of the company. I did not make it past that point.That process took a total of two months, as the CEO was continuously cancelling at the last minute and rescheduling for days or weeks later. I have been on a handful of different interviews during my career and this was by far the most condescending, insulting and downright rude experience I've ever had. The CEO Amit Shah sat down, took a look at the personality test we are asked to take and started the interview by saying-- to quote the business owner verbatim-- "Wow, you're really *obscenity* Type A." He then spent the entire 2 hour interview talking over his coworker, cracking jokes at her expense and at mine. He insulted my character, he insulted my current salary, and then when I tried to explain that I was partially looking for new work to earn more money he flipped the table and attempted to imply that I was only out to make money. He insulted my education-- going so far as to ask why I didn't try to apply to better colleges (I'm incredibly happy with the school I chose to earn my degree).

The coworker he was with would try to ask a question related to the position, and he would flip it as some attempt to play mind games, make me feel as inferior as possible while also knowing I shouldn't dare speak up. Every question was not an attempt to get to know me and my work history; it was an attempt to insinuate something about my character and work ethic. It was a relief that he chose to raise these red flags in the interview, it would have been very frustrating to move forward with this job and only find out the true character of the CEO when it was too late.

Interview Questions

• Why does your GPA from high school not match your GPA from college?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Wodify (New York, NY).

Interview

Started with a phone interview with HR. They made an attempt to bring me in for, what was scheduled to be an hour and a half interview. I rented a car and let the interviewer know of the time frame for which the vehicle was available. An hour before the interview, HR let me know that the interview would be 4 hours long. I reluctantly agreed. I arrive at the office, which was very strange and culty, and took a few tests - a combination of a pseudo SAT, personality, writing, and then very serious technical, programming based questions, that shouldn't be asked or expected to be performed by a BA.
    Run. Don't waste your time commuting to the middle of nowhere for a low paying job with ridiculous expectations.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wodify in September 2018.

Interview

About two days after I applied online, HR reached out about scheduling a phone screen. The online application had a lot of questions about my favorite things in high school, activities and such. I found this very strange as I am quite a few years removed from that part of my life, but I answered with as much enthusiasm as possible. After the phone screen, I was sent a highly technical take home test. During the phone screen, I never claimed to have a strong grasp on Java or CSS, so I was very surprised when two of the questions involved coding in a simulated environment. The next day, HR reached out again about scheduling another assessment, but this time I was to come into their offices. Again, this test seemed to have very little to do with the job description. I understand the merits of a test-based interview process, but for this position I struggled to see how it would determine my abilities as a BA. I also think it was strange that I made it three steps in to the interview process, but only one of the steps included an actual conversation.

Interview Questions

• What was your favorite thing about high school? (short answer)   1 Answer

Customer Success Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cherry Hill, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wodify (Cherry Hill, NJ).

Interview

1. One hour phone call with manager of the department that gathered some specifics of past work history.
    2. One hour on-site skills assessment testing everything from math and computer knowledge to your personality.
    3. Two-hour in-person interview with the Manager and two associates that inquired about everything from high school to your latest job.
    4. Tour of the facility

Interview Questions

• 1. Who were some people that influenced you at each level of education (good or bad)?   1 Answer
    • 2. What is your perfect next job?   1 Answer

Customer Success Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cherry Hill, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wodify (Cherry Hill, NJ) in October 2018.

Interview

Started with a very in-depth application online, then a phone interview, then a series of skills tests, and then after that an in person interview (that consisted of two parts), then reference calls and background check, and then a final decision.