Wooga Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Wooga Interview Questions

Updated Jul 6, 2017

3.2

Associate Game Designer Interview

Interview

Typical 3 Stage interviews.

Very friendly and professional.

It was genuinely pleasant experience as I was given all interests and time to learn about the company and the industry.

I know people complain about interviews taking too much time, but it's costing companies more. It's good to see a company like Wooga where they efficiently handle scheduling and handle interviews professionally.

I also received feedback on why I was not selected, which I agree 100%. It would not have been a best match for both of us(due to difference in my skill set and interest).

Thank you for your time, Wooga!

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wooga.

Interview

We just had a few email exchanges and had an Excel test. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to advance any further than that.

Though disappointing that I didn't get a better chance to showcase my background, the recruiter was awesome in every aspect of the process. I would love for future chances with the company.

Interview Questions

• The Excel test was much different than I had imagined-revolved around a case study specific to the gaming industry. Since I am hoping to transition over, I felt that lack of experience hurt a lot.   Answer Question

2D Environment Artist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berlin (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wooga (Berlin (Germany)) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview process takes 2 weeks.
    The recruiter friendly and I passed the interview.
    I received the test with some informations. I delivered the test and not approved .The feedbacks was talking about details I did not receive in documents. Feedbacks are reasonable but details could be removed and done better, easy to solve. I think the feedback is right for a worker not for a test. A professionist is available and ready to correct them so probably they did not understand the professional approach or competences. Sometimes happened a recruiter or Art director have a different view of the profile.
    So basically I'm not satisfied about the Art- test approach. I did not expect from Wooga.

Backend Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wooga.

Interview

The process consists of 3 phases:
    - HR interview (with a very nice **and respectful** person)
    - Technical interview I
    - Technical interview II
    I didn't make it past the first technical interview... If you think you answered the questions well and didn't proceed, don't question your abilities because these kind of interviews depends on "Luck" much more than measuring your technical abilities or cultural fit (yes.. you read it right). In my case, I know luck is not one of my strongest points :D

Interview Questions

• - data structures and their complexities
      - design a system
      - basic computer science questions (like "1st year Computer science students in a Computer science course" questions)... really   Answer Question

Senior Artist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wooga.

Interview

Started with a 30 min Skype interview which was quite useful and friendly.

A couple of days later it was followed up by a request for an onsite interview in Berlin which was set for 3 weeks later. They paid for travel and hotel for the 3 days.

The interview was with multiple directors and a HR rep. Unfortunately both the HR reps I was ment to be interviewing with were not there and one of the directors was at home ill and conducted the interview via phone. This kinda threw me during the 4 hour interview and I probably could of done better.

I contacted the HR rep a few days after I got back and he phoned me the next day to tell me they wont be making me an offer. Reasons given seemed confusing, but I'm sure it made sense to them. Though I believe feedback was nothing that required me to go all the way to Berlin for.

Over all quite a good experience though.

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berlin (Germany)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wooga (Berlin (Germany)) in May 2016.

Interview

First call with HR to check fit and culture.
    Interview in-house with head of analytics to test technical skills, ideas and team fit.
    Full day interview in-house meeting all future collaborators from product to technical teams.

Interview Questions

• A/B Tests
      Maths / stats
      Machine learning experience
      Analytics experience   Answer Question

Level Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berlin (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Wooga (Berlin (Germany)) in November 2015.

Interview

First step was a short (30 min) talk with someone from HR. Following, I was sent an exercise related to the job which I had a week or so to complete and send back.
    After I sent the exercise back, the next stage was another interview, this time with the Product Lead for the game I was supposed to take part in. I did not get any further in the process.

Game Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berlin (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wooga (Berlin (Germany)) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Process took around 2-3 weeks, all online. I had a very nice chat with the HR and after that had a chat with the Product Lead. The second interview was friendly. It became apparent that they were looking for someone more senior (and let me know during the call), but the person still provided me with feedback at the end of the call as well as note areas that I am stronger in. After a few days I also received letter from the HR with some additional feedback and the final decision.

Interview Questions

• Do not remember the actual questions, but most of them were about methods/tools I have used to balance/fine tune the game; and questions about leading the team in the design process.   Answer Question

Translator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berlin (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wooga (Berlin (Germany)).

Interview

Initial correspondence was friendly and professional. I received a test, absolutely loved the content but was ultimately not chosen due to "details". Unfortunately there was no follow-up to discuss what the details were.

Interview Questions

• Didn't get to an actual interview stage, as the entire process up to that point was online/by email.   Answer Question

Backend Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wooga in July 2015.

Interview

Skype interview with recruiter to get know me and my experience, questions about technologies, agile practices, game development experience, expectation of salary and time to relocation.

If the recruiter find you interesting to continue the process, next interview it's a technical interview with the head of technology, the interview had many questions of computer science you only see in college, not really questions of real work and problems you face every day.