World Financial Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

World Financial Group Interview Questions

Updated Oct 18, 2017

1.6

Team Member Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at World Financial Group.

Interview

Fairly simple interview, be warned that they aren't really hiring you for a normal hourly paid or salaried position, it's more of a commission based job. They should have been more upfront about that fact.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at World Financial Group (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

Sent my resume via an online ad, received a scheduled interview that day. Overall, I really like the person I would be working for, however...there was something off. If I'm applying as an admin, tailor my training for that position, not a position I "could be" in the future. There were too many moving parts and not enough static facts regarding the position.

Interview Questions

• Are you thinking about your financial future?   1 Answer

Agency Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corona, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at World Financial Group (Corona, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

First of all, this deceptive company advertised as "Infinity Agency" in Riverside and Corona, CA though this name does not exist in either city. I wracked my brain trying to find them so I could research and be prepared. I received an email from a recruiter who was not very good with communication. I confirmed to her the time slot I wanted and had to send 2 follow-up emails to get confirmation. When she confirmed, she gave me the address which was a large office building with many businesses and she only said they were "on the 1st floor." I wanted to believe that I'd easily be able to find "Infinity Agency" on the 1st floor though I found it so odd that Google wasn't showing an Infinity Agency at that address.

Literally at the 11th hour before my "interview" time, the recruiter emails saying,"I failed to mention that we're in suite 150." BINGO. A search for that address and suite pulled up World Financial Group. Of course, I was getting dressed and heading out the door for the "interview" so I didn't have a chance to research the name, which is their intent of course.

Along with 5 other people, I was seated in a conference room, given a speech about most Americans being ignorant about their financial future and the big names that they work with. At the end, they asked us to complete a short questionnaire expressing our interest level and given a brief tour of the office.

This "tour" ended being a weird cult-like introduction to the rich people on their walls and how we can one day be like them and take 15-20 vacations a year. I will say that the people we dealt with were nice and very professional but now I understand that they were being this way in the hopes of recruiting us all and making more money for their MLM network.

When I conducted my research at home, all my suspicions were confirmed and I kindly declined the invitation for a 1 on 1 interview. So this review is not actually for an interview though they disguise it as such. This isn't even actual employment. It's an MLM business opportunity that's very difficult to make money from. Just the fact that they were so dishonest from the beginning would make me turn down any offer. I hope other job seekers contacted by them find this review and not waste their time.

Also have to mention that they threw in the $30 fee at the end to take an exam and get certified.

Interview Questions

• Do you want to be rich by only working 2 hours a week?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at World Financial Group (San Diego, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Got talked up by a seemingly nice guy at a gas station. Long story short get an interview. Seemed a little too excited to have a recent high school grad become an...associate?! I get they train you, but still...They didn't seem very knowledgable or forthcoming about the way their firm works. It seemed sketchy. They have a laminated packet that seems way too simplified for finance. They send you home with a CD, but it just goes on and on about how awesome it is...but what is the job?!

Insurance Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at World Financial Group (Anaheim, CA).

Interview

It was super easy to get the job. Pretty much everybody is offered the position. The company is definitely a pyramid scheme. As soon as I got in, they wanted me to go ahead and recruit even more people. I mean, that's great and all, but they made it seem as if that's the only way that I can be successful at the job.

Interview Questions

• What is your major in college and what do you want to do with it?   Answer Question

Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at World Financial Group (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

One hour sales pitch. Lots of claims that this is not an MLM, but a service company with unlimited income even for part-time commitment. At first "group presentation", there were several speakers with varying degrees of authenticity. Many hidden factors involved with this company that they are committed to not revealing. I have made a decision yet; still investigating.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockton, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at World Financial Group (Stockton, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

First of all, I am in the grocery store and a random woman comes up to me and tells me that I would be a FANTASTIC Financial Analyst. OK. How in the world would she know this? We have a very superficial conversation and we exchange information. An interview is set up and it wasn't with her. OK. Then I have another interview. Everything is vague, as far as what the job entails. OK. Then the bomb dropped. I, a potential employee, have to pay for my own training and licenses. WHAT company does that? Then, I am told I have to recruit family and friends. It is true, there are people that I don't like. I would never scam my hard working family and friends out of their hard-earned money for these phony, flimsy financial products. Please...of you have any dignity, run as quick as you can. Don't work for these con artists. Bottom line: very cult-like. Do not. I repeat, do not fall for the okie-dokie.

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at World Financial Group (San Jose, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

I was first approached by a man outside of a Target several months ago explaining that he worked for a finance company and was looking for people to bring on to the team . He didn't explicitly say the name of the company or what specific position he was offering me but I kept an open mind but was also still in school . So I gave him my information and told him to contact me again in a couple months when I finish the year off .

I kind of forgot about him until I get a call a couple months later from him wanting to schedule a "meeting" with me . At this point it was summer and I was looking for work anyway so I went ahead and scheduled one on a Tuesday at 1pm . (I made sure to dress appropriately in very business style clothing and brought a copy of my resume with me .)

When I walk into their office it was packed full of people from, let's say, different walks of life waiting for their "meeting" -- that was the first red flag . The second was a middle aged man who approached me who was not the man I had initially met or spoke to on the phone who ended up being the person I have said "meeting" with . Anyway, I finally get a name of their company which was World Financial Group and he explains to me how not only are they a Fortune 500 company but a Fortune 100 company wow !! And how much they want to help those who aren't as knowledgable about finance and blah blah blah . Basically talking up the company and not really giving a crap about what I had to offer (didn't even get to show him my resume) . About 5 minutes into his speal I realized they're basically a MLM style "company" . His interest in my family, friends and me needing to pay for my $100 "training" kind of gave it away for me . At this point I was zoning out during our "meeting" and just wanted to get out . I made sure to leave a good first impression of myself and was offered to come back a couple days later for their orientation but I'm definitely not going back .

Tdlr; don't waste your time, it's a pyramid scheme . Might be a good job for you if you have no qualms about hoodwinking your family, friends and complete strangers out of a couple hundred bucks that probably won't even go to you .

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at World Financial Group (Irvine, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Someone called me about Aegon opening new offices in in the area and that they're looking for financial analysts, marketing analysts and the like. That they're building up a whole office and are looking for people.

I went in for an interview. The first tell that something was fishy was when the door read World Financial Group instead of Aegon. I immediately googled it, and then just sighed when I saw "MLM" and "scam" popping up everywhere. I was pretty pissed but decided to listen to the recruiter because why not. The second tell was that a guy just came up to me and started talking about how the recruiter I'm going to speak with is such a great mentor, and that he envies me (heh), that I was given the honor of speaking with this dude.

Then out came our guy. He was a great con artist, talking about nothing for ten minutes and using grandiose terms about his work, referring to other great financial companies and such. Then he asked me what I was looking for in a job. I told him that I was an analyst, and that I was looking for opportunities in numbers and data. He talked about advisory, and asked me if I wanted to be an advisor. I reiterated that I wanted to be an analyst, and didn't care for advisory. Then he talked a little more and asked me again if advisory interested me and that's when I said that I think the interview is over.

Such a waste of time. I can only hope that they don't manage to influence too many people. Fun fact: Less than 10% of people working in or for MLMs actually break even or make money. Do anything else but stay away from MLMs.

Financial Planner Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at World Financial Group.

Interview

It was easy and was selected immediately after the interview. Then I was asked to pay for $ 100 for the exam fee which I found was okay , since I did not have any licence in insurance industry

Interview Questions

• General questions. It was mostly more like a interaction rather than question and answer type.   1 Answer