World Financial Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

World Financial Group Interview Questions

Updated Mar 2, 2017

1.7

Financial Planner Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at World Financial Group.

Interview

It was easy and was selected immediately after the interview. Then I was asked to pay for $ 100 for the exam fee which I found was okay , since I did not have any licence in insurance industry

Interview Questions

• General questions. It was mostly more like a interaction rather than question and answer type.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at World Financial Group.

Interview

The interview was very fishy, actually there wasn't one. I went for an "open house" and all they did was show us a PowerPoint speaking about how their retirement plan was a better option than the 401k. It was all basically a form of attraction and sealing the deal as soon as possible. What I thought was odd was that after I said that I would like to work there, they asked for my debit card. When I asked why they needed it, they said it was to pay for a background check and to get involved with the company. I instantly began to think that this was a pyramid scheme, but I continued. Sure enough, it was. They have a good product they sell but most of the people that work there try to sell the most expensive plan to anyone, even if they know that they are struggling financially. I became an employee and they still tried to sell me something that was out of my budget, even after I told them my financial situation.

Interview Questions

• Are you money motivated?   1 Answer
    • Would the people you know want to take advantage of what we can offer them?   1 Answer

Financial Planner/Insurance Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at World Financial Group (Anaheim, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

They called me, after reviewing my resume pulled down from CareerBuilder site. I attended "presentation" along with one other candidate, put on by 2 Marketing Directors. They explained that they wanted to see faces before they perform actual interviews. The kicker is that they want you to pay $100 for application fee before the next step. So they make money on you before you even get considered for employment. Compensation explanation was very vague, but involved commissions based on your efforts. This company is a referral network to other financial companies, and relies on getting clients from their associates. Promotions are available, but only after demonstrating expertise. The business model is built like a pyramid scheme. They help you pass the Insurance Exam, but there is a fee for materials.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at World Financial Group (South Chicago, IL).

Interview

Finding your recruiter. And then she or he will bring you to the senior advisor. And you will hear what she has to say, usually how successful their "leaders" became. Kind of distract you with the extreme cases and all the numbers make it look like you can be a millionaire as well... Then they ask you about yourself. And somehow relate their company to your experiences.

Interview Questions

• What is your background? And what can you bring it to the table?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at World Financial Group (Colorado Springs, CO) in July 2016.

Interview

Well, i got called after putting out my resume for a customer service position. Gave me an interview on a Saturday. Which is weird. Anyways we chatted for ten min, watched a video, and had a class/ presentation for a finance job, not the job id put in for. Anyways they try to sign me up, take my money, and it was just.... weird. Definitely a MLM situation.

Interview Questions

It seemed scammy. Very scammy.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at World Financial Group (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

These people are a joke. Ponzi scheme wierdos to the max. Turn around and run. All they do is sell annuities for commission. If they try to make it sound like anything other than that, rest assured they are bs-ing you.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at World Financial Group (San Jose, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview process was relatively comfortable as my interviewer was easy-going. They asked me about my previous work experience, my coursework, and how my former experiences have positively influenced me today.

Interview Questions

• Q: What do you know about our company and how have your past experiences prepared you for our job?   Answer Question

Marketing Director Interview

Interview

On first introduction, I was approached by an individual who gave me a card and proceeded to tell me all of the positive results that I could achieve with WFG. I took the card and began my research on the company, since it was unfamiliar. The amount of terrible reviews and backlash on this company had me skeptical from the beginning, but the icing on the cake was when I decided to give it a chance anyway and contacted the individual to find out more information on position(s) available.

The individual responded, almost immediately, by text message and proceeded to invite me to an interview in the immediate future. I asked for more information on the position that they were hiring for, so I could see if this was something that I was interested in. Not only did I receive a condescending response, but this so-called Manager went on to berate me for being skeptical and 'not taking risks.' Let's be honest; this is not how you make the job look attractive.

I can honestly say that this job is very likely the scam that the majority of the reviews make it out to be, especially from the lack of information and attitude of desperation from Management in seeking new hires.

Interview Questions

• No questions pertaining to my actual work experience were asked, which also signifies that this is a giant scam meant to find inexperienced individuals to prey upon.   1 Answer

Financial Planner/Training Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at World Financial Group (Colorado Springs, CO) in May 2016.

Interview

It is terrible. It's like Avon or Mark Kay - on STEROIDS! These people got a booth at my university's career fair stating that they were "TransAmerica". When I arrived at the weekend briefing (aka: group interview) I noticed that NONE of the business cards had the blue & white TransAmerica logo - instead all of them were shades of gray and had the letters "WFG". Interestingly enough, all of their name tags were gold in color & had "TransAmerica" on them. This was alarming & was my first clue that something was up. Against my better judgement, I decided to pay the $100 that was supposed to cover my own background check & the cost of creating my own web page. I had to pay this fee in order to even ATTEND the orientation & training on my "first night". As soon as this training ended, I informed them that I am not interested in pursuing a future with the company & I wanted my money back. I added, "there is no need to check my background, nor create a web page for me." This occurred on May 10th, it has been over 65 days now & I am still working the $100 disputed charge with my credit card company. It is completely ridiculous for any company to treat people this way.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer took 2 pages of notes. She seemed awfully interested in my family members who live here locally... I found out why she was so interested at the orientation when I was told to write down ALL of my friends & family members on a sheet of paper - - they gave us a great deal of time to do this & even told us if we can't remember a phone number or an address that we should look up people's information in our cells phones.   1 Answer

Finance Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at World Financial Group in April 2016.

Interview

At the end of the interview or meeting, you will be informed that that you will pay for fees that will amount to $300+ for the tools and resources (like training, certification and licensing) for you to start as an agent. This isn't a bad idea. In fact, this is a good personal investment. However, if you are looking for a job so you will get paid, this is not for you. Unless you want to initially shell out cash first before making one.

Interview Questions

I am looking for a job so that I will earn and get paid.